French Abroad

Discussion in 'France' started by soccer krazy, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I met Thierry Henry this past February in my city of New Orleans at a hotel called Le Pavilion. He was here for the NBA All-Star Weekend. Players of his magnitude are treated like regular rich people and not celebs cuz "soccer" aint big here, so we chopped it up 1v1.. asked him if he would return Monaco, he laughed and said, he thought about it but Monaco bought Berbatov.

boom.

StarrMatthieu and SportBoy333 repped this.
  2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Berbatov has already proved his worth since he scored the winning goal to beat Nice in the Coupe de France.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Btw lets have a requiem for Jérémy Mathieu. Going to Spain killed his chances of going to the World Cup but he doesnt seem to care since I havent read anything about him wanting to return to France and he seems happy there so good for him I guess.

4. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
  5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes, but i saw piquionne in the MLS last summer and he looked pretty good too.

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Haha. Not everyone shines in the MLS just because they are coming from Europe. Luyindula had an OK season with the NYRB but he played better as a playmaker than striker as he only scored 1 goal all season and that was a penalty that Henry let him take to build his confidence.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  7. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Kevin Gameiro

2013/14 Spanish La Liga
    GAMES-GOALS-ASSISTS-SHOTS
    27------9--------2----------38

8. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  9. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Anelka is the ultimate journeyman. I think he set a goal for himself to play in every continent on earth before the end of his career.

10. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  11. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

NEEDSS A CALL FOR THE 30 LIST WOLRD CLASS LEFTBACK

12. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France

call him up dd hes a great leftback

13. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Mathieu an interesting case actually in the sense he offers attacking ability and height but he is past 30 and DD has said if in doubt, he will go with the younger player. Which would mean Lucas Digne or Kurzawa would be miles ahead of Mathieu in the pecking order right now.

14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I've been thinking about it and I think Varane and Benzema should both leave Real Madrid. The fans appreciate Varane, but I think he would play a lot more at Chelsea and Jose Mourinho really values him. As for Benzema, the fans don't seem to appreciate him and now with James Rodriguez almost certainly joining, it really seems like Benzema will spend a good amount of time on the bench. I would love for Benzema to leave Real and then have the season of his life at some other club. I really hate it when our players are not appreciated at their clubs. I also hate when Madrid supporters, who most of which are not even from Madrid, act like they are entitled to every single player and that everyone and their mothers should be waiting by the phone for the chance to sit on Madrid's bench. :rolleyes:

In other news, there is so much interest in Pogba and Griezmann. I wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them move this summer.

15. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Disappointing that Cabella ended up at Newcastle. He will do well their but he's just going to waste a year or 2 before signing for a big club. He was ready now

16. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't get it either, but he seems to be quite sure of his choice. There are a bunch of French players there, but I hope that was not the only reason he went there. Nicollin thinks that Cabella is going to regret it (then again, he is very bitter about the whole situation) and I think he's right, but I hope he turns out to be wrong. Either way, I wish him luck in the EPL.

17. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    Jérémy Mathieu (Luxeuil-les-Bains, France, 29 October 1983) is a physically imposing defender who can play in various positions at the back. He’s 1.92 m tall, has excellent positional sense and is skilful with the ball at his feet. And he is also impressively strong in the air. Until recently, he was considered a natural left-back, but of late he has tended to feature more regularly in the centre of defence.

The Frenchman turned professional in his home country with Sochaux. In three seasons, Mathieu scored 13 goals in 97 games, enough to attract the attention of several larger clubs. In 2004/05, he ended up joining Toulouse, where he remained from 2005 to 2009, playing 122 games and scoring five goals.

Move to Spain
    After making a big name for himself in Ligue 1, 25-year-old Jeremy Mathieu was tempted abroad to join Valencia, where he was soon a first team regular. In his first season, 2009/10, he played 24 games, and the year after that appeared in 38. It was here that he successfully made the transition from left-back to centre-back.
    In five years at Mestalla, he played 176 games and scored seven goals. It was last season in particular that his goalscoring ability came to the fore, with four goals in total. Mathieu has also won two international caps for France. His first turnout for Les Bleus was on 11 November 2011 against the United States. Now at the age of 30, he is a fully developed defender both physically and technically.

SuperSebGrimaldi repped this.
  18. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Mathieu's a good player though wow.... the transfer fee. 20 million Euros? :eek:

19. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ALLEZ LES BLEUS !

20. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  21. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Griezmann to the Atletico would be great. :)

So much better than Tottenham.

StarrMatthieu and AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  22. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  23. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE