Mes que un sporting project - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Nobody is saying he was horrible there or that him not working optimum in that system makes him a horrible player (see Zlatan also). However Busquets was a better fit as DM in their system. This is not even arguable to me, I don't know why you are trying to keep this one up.

When I ask for proof from you? Funny how that works. :D

2. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Why would you need to exclude penalties if it wasn't just to make the point you want to make? Taking a penalty well, and scoring them time after time, is a skill that many don't have. People act like it's an easy thing to do, but you have to deal with the pressure in varying situations, at different points in a game and at different score lines. On top of that, as the regular taker, you've most likely been studied by the goalkeeper in case such a moment arises, needing to change up your technique and placement regularly (unless you're Balotelli).

Taking and scoring penalties on a consistent basis is as much a skill as anything else in football, and each successful penalty is as much a goal as any other. As I said, the only reason to exclude them from a tally is to fit your own argument.

3. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    HA! No comment on the number manipulation? And you're excluding legitimate goals in order to manipulate the statistical point you're trying to make. That is misuse of statistics. If you include everything Ronaldo is by far better.

And secondly, if anything Diego Costa has been more consistent than Suarez. More goals and more assists. This wile helping his team top the league and get to the semi-finals in the Champions League. A feat more impressive than Suarez, but yet no one is saying that Diego is better than Ronaldo. You certainly aren't.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
  5. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Azpilicueta was sliding away from Jozy, Jozy stepped on Azpilicueta and lost his footing

[​IMG]

zahzah and RMSocrates repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Toure has global recognition for his work, and the most money he can get for what he delivers. I don't see what there is to be complaining about. Not being as popular as Messi? Messi won the best player award multiple times in a row, Yaya Toure never even competed for it.

I honestly don't care about how much money Toure makes, i just think that Messi is ten times the player in terms of how important he is for the sport. It comes across as insane to compare his popularity to Messi's but apparently that makes sense to you.

7. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Of course no one would admit this here...objectivity is not their strongest points :D

Remember....
    Casillas is the best goalkeeper in the world
    Ramos is the best defender in the world

:laugh:

And then I wonder why we are hated so much....

8. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I also don't understand Yaya. What exactly was his point? He is among the best paid football players in the world and he is recognized as one of the best CM's/DM's in the world. He is no Messi though, never was and never will be,

jeremy123 repped this.
  9. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    That's exactly what I said, just maybe was not as specific.

10. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly, and let's forget that Ronaldo was MASSIVE in WC qualifiers playoffs.

-Fifth CharM- repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nasri started it by saying that if Toure would be Brazilian, he'd be regarded as the best midfielder in the world, which is a very vague definition. Toure then took the point home by comparing himself to Messi.

12. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    He is also three games away from winning jack. They play Chelsea next - if they lose that game then the trophy is Man City's for the taking.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A team which has outspent the one or the other title winning side for years.

People act like Liverpool are Norwich City or West Ham United.

14. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Suarez better than Ronaldo? What world...reality...drugs...?

15. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh btw there is no connection between having a chance at scoring a penalty and scoring said penalty and not having a chance to score penalty and not scoring said penalty. No connection at all. :rolleyes:

16. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    THIS SEASON!!!

Oh I see you are from Portugal.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Never Mind

17. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Suarez obviously has much more abilities than Ronaldo. Like biting, throwing fits, diving and world class cheating.

18. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    HOW?!?!

Oh I see, your jeremy123...

Never Mind

Realmad, 9Qui, RMSocrates and 6 others repped this.
  19. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Sure, we're the ones who are not objective. This coming from the person who was just caught manipulating statistics in order to prove his point. Yeah, you're certainly objective. Continue to evading the questions debunking you.

[​IMG]

20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    51 different startingg 11's from United under Moyes.

21. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What did I manipulate?
    Suarez has more goals and assists than Ronaldo this season in the league. Oh you want to include the champions league? hahaha

Have you watched Suarez this season or do you only watch Madrid matches? All jokes aside buddy, can you honestly tell me Ronaldo has performed better than Suarez this season?

22. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Based on numbers (G+A) Parejo, Xavi and Rakitic are all better than Modric this season. Rakitic especially shits all over Modric (it's not even close), how many of you think he is having a better season than Luka?

23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Everton are toying with them now.

24. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is a new crop of managers out there right now....Martinez, Rogers, Klopp, Guardiola, Simeone who are bringing so much new shit to the game.

I feel Ancelotti is a slightly archaic coach when compared to these guys. Tactically anyway. Man management skills are top notch though.