The Arsenal vs. Hull City: Premiership Match 35, 20 April 2014

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Tonerl, Apr 16, 2014.

1. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    BlrKtkpIQAARtKa.jpg
    And it's Ar then all...
    Arthenal F.Theeeee.
    We're by far the greateth team...
    The world hath ever theen

:D

daedalus and Kanuuuu repped this.
  2. EPL Fan

EPL Fan Member

Arsenal, FC Cincinnati
    Mar 7, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You said it best. People forget the massive hole that injuries ripped through us when they criticize certain players. They are serving a role to complement other positions, when those positions are filled by different types it doesn't always mesh. We were top of the league for 128 days with a relatively healthy squad. Through a brutal stretch we lost one of the most impact flu playmakers in the league.

daedalus and bigredfutbol repped this.
  3. EPL Fan

EPL Fan Member

Arsenal, FC Cincinnati
    Mar 7, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Impactful , not impact flu. Auto correct, sorry.

4. DeltaSig

DeltaSig Member

Mar 7, 2007
    DENVER
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good lord you are a broken record Oliver g is out best striker and should start period 4 games left in the season FFS. Wheres your annual sanogo should start nonsense????

daedalus and ArsenalMetro repped this.
  5. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2-0 Everton lead United in the 42nd minute. We have to win outright, it looks like David Moyes has decided to throw the match so that we can't get into Champions League.

6. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's amazing how far Ramsey has come so quickly, guy was the best player on the field by a mile. The main thing that really strikes me about him is composure, I thought Per should take over as captain after Arteta/Verm, but I think Ramsey would be a fantastic choice as well.

7. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The awareness is what makes Ramsey such an awesome player. It's like he's on Adderall or something.

DutchCane repped this.
  8. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yep. He is a complete MFer who was leading the league in tackles (or at least up there )

DutchCane repped this.
  9. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hope Wilshere is watching and learns from Ramsey's example.

10. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    daedalus and Romfordray repped this.
  11. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he can watch as much as he wants, Ramsey is just a more intelligent player.

Ramsey was the hottest young talent in England when he was at Cardiff. This is not a surprise.

daedalus and DutchCane repped this.
  12. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't disagree at all. I just hope Wilshere learns: an intelligent and more tactically aware JFW would be a huge asset for Arsenal. I think Wilshere's better suited to a deeper role than Ramsey is, but Wilshere has to not go on his walkabouts for this to happen.

Speaking of walkabouts, has anyone noticed that Ox tries to do too much, especially when he has the ball? I've criticized players like Nasri for playing within themselves too often, but perhaps someone like Ox needs to play within himself a little bit more, especially if he wants to play centrally. Thoughts?

DutchCane and thedude83 repped this.
  13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #188 DaPrince84, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    I will give him a pass. In the grand scheme of things, he has not played much at all and he is English. He does need to chill out doe.

DutchCane repped this.
  14. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's a big summer for Ox he has so much talent. I'd be shop with Our three Brit MFers as long as we can add another MF who can relegate Arteta and Flam to the bench permanently. Ox and JFW need to take the next step and they have the talent to do it

15. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We won't see as much growth as we'd like with JFW and Ox because of the World Cup. I think what happens this summer really comes down to:

1. Walcott's recovery
    2. Sagna's contract situation
    3. What Podolski and Vermaelen decide to do

DutchCane repped this.
  16. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wilshere is a defensive and inconsistent liability, he needs become more consistent if he wants to become regular starter.

DutchCane repped this.
  17. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    JFW had same problems as caz, losing the ball in terrible places. Both need to play more forward to succeed, but at least Jack has greater talent.

DutchCane repped this.
  18. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Ramsey and Ozil are so perfect together. Brilliant result.

19. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You're legitimately the worst poster on this board. About to get blocked like a kid at the grocery store.

[​IMG]

DutchCane, daedalus, DeltaSig and 2 others repped this.
  20. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he's just trying too hard to impress, he wants to start so when he comes on with 10 minutes left he wants to fit the whole 90 into 10 minutes. At least that's how it seems to me.

DutchCane repped this.
  21. Senor Askew

Senor Askew Member

Jan 19, 2001
    San Francisco, CA.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to beat a dead horse, but after this game it is hard not to wonder what might have been if Ramsey, Walcott, and Ozil had stayed healthy.*
    Kudos to whomever does win the EPL, but Arsenal really had a golden chance to win the league this year. So close, yet so far.

*Not to mention if a new striker had been purchased in January....

22. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great performance today, great to be getting back in form for these last few games and the Cup Final. I can't help but agree that it's a bit bittersweet. Those injuries cost us a genuine shot at the double. What can we do though? Such is life. Let's get 4th and the Cup, and give Liverpool a pasting in the Community Shield. ;)

23. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think we could have won it. At least it wasn't a fluke that we were on top for so long. AW got the tactics wrong big time during the worst part of the stretch. Even the 4 points dropped recently against Stoke (and that 2-2 Flam OG) could have us in a fight for 2nd.

But we tried to play the same way with a decidedly inferior side without our best players and out attack was toothless, too many critical turnovers, and defenders that were overrun or switched off
    Hence the late collapse.

Oh well. At least we know we have some great players to build upon, we just need some actual depth for when the squad is riddled with injuries.

24. bandwagongooner

bandwagongooner Member+

Dec 9, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a reason our players didn't stay healthy. They were overplayed. So the idea that "if only they had stayed healthy" ignores that a lack of depth/rotation/faith in the bench is what caused the "bad luck" in the first place.

25. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Sounds like a season assesment from 2006 to 2013 SHOCKING!!!