Royial Scanner

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by royial, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

The FIFA ticketing page pairs and tells you singles in close proximity if you select 4 tickets. Came across that the other day when a whole heap of USA v Germany popped up and no I'm not using the Royial Scanner.

2. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh. I got that game when last phase opened up. I searched 4 cat1 at first, top section/corner came up. Went for 2 just to see if it changed and I got first row. Didn't let those get away.

I heard a lot of people were so mad when they went to pick up their Cat1 tickets they got from the first phases cause they were up and cornered. Basically top section cat2.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  3. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you going to usa ger?

4. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

No I was doing some testing the other day on a side project. I put the tickets back as it was strictly for my own testing purposes nothing to do with either Scanners.

BMfutbol16 repped this.
  5. SKULL_XD

SKULL_XD Member

Did your test consist in measuring the time it took for FIFA to put back those tickets into the sales platform? If so, would you mind sharing your findings, as I wanted to do something similar.

6. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Depending on country of your location as FIFA servers for ticketing are worldwide. Therefore from Australia it looked to be 2 minutes from dump and return

SKULL_XD repped this.
  7. Guern

Guern New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi Royial,

I just did some tests with min 1 - max 4 for games 22, 16, 18 which have few tickets (1~3) tickets in cat3, and the app actually behaves as described by @BMfutbol16 it tries to add 4 when there's only 1 or 2 available (I'm using scorpyn scanner lite to see availability ) if fails and displays the availability issue message and then the category goes black "NONE available" and the scanner stops there.

BMfutbol16 repped this.
  8. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You're right - found it. Will release new version later today.

SKULL_XD and BMfutbol16 repped this.
  9. Nick Sewell

Nick Sewell New Member

Dec 27, 2013
    Hi,
    I have installed the app and I cannot get it to successfully login to my ticketing account. I can navigate around the website within the window but I cannot login.
    Any ideas?
    I am using Windows 7.
    Thanks

10. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually, maybe you might want to consider leaving it the way it is since it could be a good way to thwart touts/scalpers/cambistas who might be using the scanner. Thinking that touts/scalpers/cambistas would always be going for the maximum of 4 tickets per game. Those of us real fans are only looking for the number of tickets we really need, usually less than 4.

Just my opinion, of course.

Forzabarca repped this.
  11. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

I totally agree. One person sitting getting 4 tickets must have a big entourage or family. Buy 2 sell 2 is very likely. Limit to 2 is good. In that case more people can share the availability of tickets.

Beautiful Game 2010 repped this.
  12. mkdaman1818

mkdaman1818 Member

Manchester United
    Canada
    Feb 16, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I actually have a party of 3 traveling (dad and uncle with myself), so that assumption is incorrect. I think 4 is more than reasonable.

13. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Always a possibility. But I rather see 2 people getting 2 each than 1 getting 4. But hey its just me.

Beautiful Game 2010 repped this.
  14. byucougars

byucougars Member

Nov 3, 2013
    Provo, Utah
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Guys, I can't for the life of me get the scanner to work. I download, click "setup" and then nothing. What am I doing wrong?

15. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

16. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    But you would be looking for exactly 3 tickets then, right? That was my point. It is the person who requests 1 to a maximum of 4 who might be more likely to be a tout. The tout will always want 4 but would accept less. Not 100% true of all situations, but I thought that by not having the 1 to 4 option, it might help limit the abuse of the scanner. In your case, you would just be trying for 3, for example, not 1 to 4.

17. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    By the way, this was the issue I was referring to in the post ^, the 1 to 4 ticket option.

18. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 1min- 4max is important. First of all, these touts already have a bunch of these programs made specifically to meet their needs. So in reality we are just increasing our chances against them and are still at a disadvantage. This one person on this forum even stated he hired 6 employees! We need any help we can get!

Second, it is important because say you need 3 and there's 2 available you loose out. Same goes for if you Need 2 and only 1 comes out. Not good

19. Beautiful Game 2010

Jul 11, 2006
    Western Hemisphere
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I disagree. I am thinking of the fan who needs 3 tickets and would not make plans to travel to that city for the game if he/she cannot get the tickets for the whole group. A tout would not do that. I really think the 1 to 4 ticket person is more likely to want to resell at least some of those tickets for high demand games for a profit, even if that person is a "fan." The mentality of "hey, why not buy 4 and we can sell the extra(s) to help pay for the trip." Anyway, that is just my opinion and you are probably right about touts/scalpers/cambistas already using other types of scanners. Vai ter muitos cambistas na Copa!

20. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah i see what you're saying. But in these stage you cant be picky, you take what comes up when it comes up. If i see a ticket to one of the matches I am looking for I will take it although we are looking for more. although its a plus, we really don't care if we sit near each other or not, as long as we get to see the game live.

Guern repped this.
  21. Pablo Garces

Pablo Garces Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agreed with your comment, Im also travelling with a group and we have already made plans to go to a city even without tickets for that city, we also do not care if we sit together as long as we can get in to the match.

I dont think that the Idea of these apps is to discourage people to make plans or to assist to games.

in the end I think we (the non technology gifted) should be grateful with the people
    who want to share these apps with us instead of being demanding on what or what not to do with their projects.

Therefore thanks to the guys trying to help people's dreams come true.

BMfutbol16 and Guern repped this.
  22. Rominger

Rominger Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I second that, at least we can have some hope that we can get those tickets at face value, which would be impossible at this stage without it.

Now, if only those tickets of Rio start to show up... ;-)

23. zachadu21

zachadu21 Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey @royial,

Thanks so much for putting this together!! Really a huge help for all of us. I tested it for match 07 and everything works perfectly. Thanks again! Just a suggestion, is there any chance to change the sound notification? I am sure you remember the very loud horn sound the 1st two FCFS phases on FIFA made when you got out of the que. Is something like this possible? This would just ensure I could hear it throughout the house. I wouldn't even mind waking up the neighbors. Thanks again!

24. MonsieuL

MonsieuL Member

Mainz 05
    Germany
    Apr 20, 2014
    SAARLAND
    Club:
    FSV Mainz 05
    It's explained in Royals post what to do. Why don't you follow it?

25. Guern

Guern New Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    I think that you misunderstood what the problem is and are talking about a the maximum of tickets a person may want.
    The problem isn't the max limit set to 4 but the max limit value itself, even if you're looking for just 2 tickets, say, min 1 - max 2, and 1 ticket becomes available, you'll get the message" The product you have selected is temporarily sold-out..." and won't be able to add it to the cart.

I am personally just looking for 2 tickets but wanted to test this case (as the developer can't go through all cases)

Your assumptions about a person setting min 1 - max 4 have more chances to be a tout are simply wrong,
    as tickets are supposed to be available as returned from the previous buyers, 4 tickets may never be available at the same time, so a person may be willing to do as much purchases as it needs to reach 4 (1+3, 2+2, 1+1+2 ...)

BMfutbol16 repped this.