The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    i like it. 6 month deal until Strootman gets back from injury

wm72 repped this.
  2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    A loan would be perfect, though I'm not sure why Spurs would ever agree to that. I don't think there is a chance it would happen.

Meanwhile, Iturbe had a crazy game yesterday. Lol at Marquinho, he is still falling on his ass.

wm72 repped this.
  3. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump..... In case anyone didn't read it the first time.

Again what would be the incentive to loan Paulinho to anyone, goodwill?

4. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's more hype than anything IMO. Done pretty much nothing at spurs all year

5. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We don't need Paulinho.

6. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    First of all forget about Taddei as a CM. Florenzi as a CM doesn't cut the cake for me either, he's versatile so he can pretty much do a decent job anywhere but I prefer him on the wing.
    Albeit adding another CM to the squad isn't priority number 1 but if Paulinho is available for a reasonable price I think we should go for it.
    People are getting too wrapped up in finding a Pjanic replacement/alternative player. Someone else in the midfield will take over the conductor mantle. The games without Pjanic this season we have looked ok.

Anyway, fact of the matter is that if Paulinho signs for us he makes us a stronger outfit. That was the point I was trying to make.

7. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    But the games without Totti on the pitch as well if you remember were extremely difficult. We had a beast midfield but no creativity and thats why its crucial to add another type of player of this mould or do you not agree? Why not just give one of our youngsters the chance to perform the backup role instead of bringing in a player who will probably think he should start when he has no room to

8. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #2784 GamE_Ove12, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    We need replacement/upgarde for Taddei, especially while Strootman is out. You can't expect Ddr-Pjanic-Nainggolan to play 2 games a week for 2 and half months until Strootman is back. And even when he is back realistically the 4 of them won't be healthy and without suspensions for a whole season.

Sandro/Paulino (or someone similar of starting-11 quality) for rotation and Ucan/Paredes for back up and occasional minutes here and there.

That's the bare minimum.

Deand21594 and whill4 repped this.
  9. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Theoretically if we bring a high quality winger to mirror Gervinho's contribution on the other side, we can do without Pjanic creativity.

10. SeiUnica

SeiUnica Member

Nov 4, 2012
    I agree, for next season it can work out with so many games to play and mandatory flip-out from DDR & Ninja. With those 5 players we can easily compete in every possible competition from CL to Coppa.

11. Goduerza

Goduerza Member+

Jun 13, 2008
    Bulgaria
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think Strootman's condition and eventual recovery date will be re-examined in the summer and only then we will decide whether we'll go after another midfielder. We have other pressing matters to attend to - Balza is broken and Dodo will be our only remaining left-back, we'll have to decide to either sign Toloi or bring another defender, bring a winger/CF, etc. And that's after paying 6m for half of Nainggolan + additional fees for Strootman and Ljajic because of our CL qualification. I don't know what our transfer budget would be if we assume no key player is sold for big cash, but we may not be able to afford everything.

12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Unless it was a Cabella type winger, someone who can come in centre or create with ease. Having no creative player on the pitch just doesn't work, its leads to a shut down where we trust individuals to step up like Gervinho but its not pretty

13. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    If we bring another midfielder I'd rather someone like Parolo than Paulinho. Someone who can play well with Pjanic or Strootman/Ninja without losing a lot of creativity or balance.

Liverpool scouts were in the stands yesterday, reports claiming that they are interested in Gervinho. Got 50M with you Liverpool? :p But I think they were here for Ljajic not Gervi.

wm72 repped this.
  14. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    C'mon it is not like a midfeild of DDr-Strootman-Paulino will have zero creativity. Strootman for example has as many assists as Pjanic. And we already have a player who plays on the wing and can drift centrally to create, his name is Ljajic.

15. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    When we played with DDR-Ninja-Strootman we looked horrible in the attack, and Strootman failed to create anything.

shiboboo, wm72, NCRomaFan and 1 other person repped this.
  16. SeiUnica

SeiUnica Member

Nov 4, 2012
    - We will finance Radja´s half with money we got from Bradley. Another half we can buy in summer 2015.
    - Strootman´s and Ljajic´s bonuses are combined max. 7m. Sell Marquinho and half of few kids, pay the bonus.
    - CL money 40m
    - Nike+kit sponsor~20m

17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I was comparing our line ups of stroot, DDR and ninja. It's a beast mid but lacks creativity. Again, I would rather spend money on a creative central player than someone like paulinho. We have youngsters who can be a back up

Haakon24 and schnix repped this.
  18. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It was also during the time we had Totti out. As I said if we bring a high quality offensive player his contribution will help balance things out.

19. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    We are linked with this guy- rumoured price 4 mil

Haakon24 and Salmeen10 repped this.
  20. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    +1. The midfield doesn't need a paulinho, but a Parolo.

La Magica and schnix repped this.
  21. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Looks good, read somewhere else that the price is 7M. Hopefully he is for the bench and not to replace Pjanic. It looks like he is as versatile as Miralem.

22. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Now I am reading his club wants 20 mil for him. He looks really good for 20 year old, 7 mil would be a good price for him.

23. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    I think hes a winger

24. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011