2014 Dallas Cup Results and Discussion

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sup Bro, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    ASN's preview of the Dallas Cup final:

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/dallas-cup-final-preview-u-s-u-20s-vs-river-plate

The grueling extra-time semifinal may require more squad rotation than he would prefer with the title on the line. Here's how I expect them to line up Sunday night.

Steffen; Moore, Miazga, Haberkorn, Requejo; Gooch, Felipe; Rubin, Gall, Pfeffer; Spencer.

The finals of the Gordon Jago U19 Super Group will kick off at 8p.m. ET at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. The match will be streamed live in select areas on TWCSportsChannel.com.

[For those wondering where Acosta is............he played 90 for FCD on Saturday night.]

2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #327 Clint Eastwood, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    The U17 championship game is underway!

And this will be the most interesting game for FCD fans in the entire tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's FC DALLAS YOUTH 97B PREMIER (TXN) vs. FC DALLAS YOUTH 97B GOLD (TXN)

That's fairly absurdly comical. Such is the depth of FCD, though. They had their U18 academy team in the Supergroup and their U16 academy team in the Generation Adidas Cup. These are two DIFFERENT academy teams of 97s............................ [And of course some of their talent has been with the U20s, U18s, and U17s instead of with FCD over the past 2 weeks. Acosta, Coy Craft, Zendejas, etc.] The Premier Team beat Chargers SC's U16 academy team to make the final, and the 97B Gold team beat FC Golden State and Sporting Blue Valley in the knockout stages. Sporting Blue Valley is an affiliate of Sporting KC based in Kansas.

It should be noted that FCD El Paso also entered into this division and made the quarterfinals (beating Andromeda's USSF U16 academy team along the way.) They succumbed to Chargers SC. As people know, I've been a proponent of an El Paso team being in the DA for a while.

By the way, FCD 98B also made the finals of the U16 division. [A completely different team than the U16 team that played in the Generation Adidas Cup.] In the quarters they beat Fullerton Rangers and in the semis they beat LVSA from Las Vegas.

3. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #328 Clint Eastwood, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    The crowd is going wild for FCD versus FCD!!

[​IMG]

Based on the nature of these two teams...................the FCD "premier" team should win handily.

Tom Collingsworth and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering where he disappeared to. Did your sources tell you what, if anything, the Galaxy have offered him?

5. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    Is the u20 vs river plate final on time warner? Or anywhere else on tv? Or online?

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Dr Pepper Dallas Cup ‏@dallascup 5h
    Time Warner Cable Dallas Cup Information

http://fb.me/3wQg2Pd3q

For me the streaming of this competition has been a real disappointment. From comments on twitter, I'm not the only one on thinks this. Hopefully its something they work on in subsequent years.

7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    4 Divisions crowned their champions yesterday:

http://www.dallascup.com/home/803106.html

U13: ChivasUSA
    U14: Club Menedy (Guatemala)
    U15: Tigres (Mexico)
    U16: Juventus SC Heat (Northern California)

Finals today:

U17: FCD versus FCD :)
    U17 "Super": Club America versus Monterrey
    U19; Costa Rica U19 versus Liverpool FC
    Jago Super group: US U20 versus River Plate

8. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    That is very impressive! I have FC Dallas winning it all. Even though they took some tough loses in the super group the team played fairly well, give or take a play or two.

9. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    One could argue that FCD was missing their two best age-eligible players for that U19 team. Acosta has been with the US U20s and FCD. Coy Craft was with the US U18s...................

By the way, we're on the way to an upset in that U17 title game:

FC Dallas Youth ‏@FCDallasYouth 2m
    GOAL FCD GOLD! - Dyson wins the ball and plays it to Abdoulaye who scores in the 80th minute to put Gold up 3-1. #DC35

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  10. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    No, my source did not divulge that information. It was like pulling teeth just to get the Italy tip. Someone on this forum can tell us if he is even eligible for Galaxy to sign him as a "homegrown" player. I don't pretend to know the rules but he was at residency for the entire cycle, played PDL with IMG then went to Galaxy after the PDL season. On this forum I have read that players in his situation will become eligible for homegrown status after being part of a MLS academy for 0ne year. I also read that once you enter residency you are not eligible unless you were already affiliated before entering residency. I believe Villareal and Martin will be the first Galaxy academy players to get significant time with Galaxy 2.

11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    FC Dallas Youth ‏@FCDallasYouth 16s
    FCD 97B Gold are your U-17 Dallas Cup Champions! They defeated FCD 97 Premier 3-2 in a game to make FCD proud. #DC35 pic.twitter.com/UFbRXbFMcV
    [​IMG]

12. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    I know he actually played with FC Dallas in this tournament but Aaron Myers should be mentioned in the same breathe with these two players. He is another one who should get an invite to compete for a spot.

13. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    No one wanted the content this year. Bandwidth too expensive for us. Nevertheless, I'll be sitting in the end zone and Gallardo and the U20's play a game of substance. Today is a good day. If you are in Dallas, c'mon down

14. shadrach

shadrach Goldenchild

Jan 19, 2002
    quit being nosy...
    Yes, McBean. He's very effective when used correctly and put in a great shift against Chivas. There's a reason the River Plate players gave him a standing O when he was subbed against Chivas. Good holdup play, drew fouls, kept possession when critical...all necessary especially when your team is defending 9 or 10 players behind the ball. He was ineffective 1v1 this tournament and he's not really fast enough to outrun anyone. But he was very effective for what Galaxy needed. I only saw 2 of their 3 games but Ryo was meh in both.

Elijah is a huge upgrade? Huge? C'mon now. He's a good player but huge upgrade....we'll just disagree there. He's in the mix but I don't think he is really an upgrade let alone a huge upgrade. Anyway, it's clear to me we see things differently especially after your Gall comments. So from here on I'll just read your opinions and move on. :)

For U-17 fans, I believe Joe Gallardo is starting the final against Club America in case you want to watch.

15. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's eligible for an hg deal just they will loan him out to II to play until he is fully eligible. I wonder what they are waiting on for Villarreal since he is already done with hs. Hopefully he does end up moving up to the II team by the summer, along with Elijah. Hopefully with a pro deal also.

16. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Yes, we can respectfully disagree. As far as Gall I understand that most see it differently than i do just as i would suspect that most would disagree that Mc Bean was a difference maker. A player of his status didn't score a goal the whole tournament and he was a difference maker? He was the biggest player on the field. Adonis subbed in for him and made an immediate impact with the assist on villareal's 3rd goal. Adonis the academy player vs. a third year pro. Sorry, i expected a lot more from Mc Bean.

17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Which club?

18. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Dr Pepper Dallas Cup ‏@dallascup 3h
    Supporters outside USA: We will be live streaming the Super Group final USA vs River Plate at 6 pm CST! See http://dallascup.com for link!

For our Spanish speaking fans, the game will also be broadcast on radio on ESPN Deportes Dallas 1540 AM and deportesdallas.com.

19. futbolfanatic4

futbolfanatic4 New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    @ shadrach !!!!
    Vazquez starting the game i told you guys but no one would listen. He is a quality player that we have to follow,

20. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sentence is a lot easier to type than actually do when you are down a man in a knockout stage of a tournament.

21. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about streaming for US fans?

22. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    we should be down to 10 men already again...nasty challenge by vasquez or whoever

23. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What minute of the game is it?

24. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    17th 0-0 river looking dangerous

25. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to speak negatively about a kid, but he has been terrible so far in this game.