Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Upon second review it turns out I was wrong. I simply assumed that it was Kyokawas shot, not Takase's, coming from the left. 6:00 AM is not a good time to comment. I agree with Blissets assessment.

blissett repped this.
  2. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    It was Kanko Stadium, the home of a male J2 team Fagiano Okayama.

blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Help me to interpret this, because I am not sure if I got it right:

Am I right that, if the second-last defender has even just one foot in line with one of the attacking player's feet, this last one is still on-side? Doesn't "any part of his head, body or feet" mean that?
    Well, even with your caption, I am still not sure that Takase had both feet past Belle's player's foot that was the nearer to the goal's line. Or, at least, it could be, but I'd need a perpendicular view from that side of the pitch to clearly assess that.

Gromit06 repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Additional info:

Urawa's goals by Hanae Shibata at 21', captain Michi Goto (being back from suspension) at 30' and Chika Kato at 67'.
    Kunoichi's goal by Saki Tsutsumi at 19'; late Beleza's equalizer by Mizuho Sakaguchi at 76'.

Comments:

Urawa Reds Ladies at full 12 points after 4 games! o_O
    Ok, this last win vs Charme was easily predictable, but I would dare anyone to say they had predicted Urawa being ahead alone, with a full 3 points over the second team, after 4 matchdays! :eek:
    If it wasn't for the new Nadeshiko League formula, I'd dare to say that Urawa are very likely to win this league...
    INAC is way behind, Belle has highs and lows and probably depends too much on Miyama, Beleza once again dropped points around like they used to do last season and Vegalta (the most reliable opponent at the moment) look solid, but they lost to Beleza last week...
    The problem for Urawa is that, even should they win the "regular season", anything can happen in the 6 teams' "play-off for the title" afterwards. It's true that the winner of the regular season gets a 6 points bonus, but for sure that's not enough to seal the deal.
    Anyway, we still aren't past one quarter of the regular season, the road is long and anything can happen. But for sure Urawa is looking brilliant and they aren't dropping any points: these points will result very useful later...

About Vegalta, I can't help thinking Uetsuji benefitted from our Goal-of-the-Year award. :giggle: I bet the girl will have a brilliant season. She could even receive a call by Sasaki.
    Lady Vega is tough, but they don't score easily: all of their 3 wins were by just 1-0! o_O (like Harima Albion in Challenge League :giggle:)

Kunoichis get their first point of the season at their home and stop Beleza, taking away 2n place from them. Moving from that 0 points spot was incredibly important for Iga: now they can at least think about something different; sometimes psychological barriers are the hardest: having left behind Charme as the only Nadeshiko League's team without a single point in this season can be more important for Iga than the single point in itself.
    Meanwhile I've got the feeling that Beleza is still not-completely mature to win the title: let's not forget that the backbone of this team are some young talents that are individually brilliant, but, when playing for National Team, couldn't do well at U-17 WWC 2012 or qualify for U-20 WWC 2014. I've got the feeling that, despite having Nadeshiko stars as Iwashimizu or Sakaguchi, Beleza still misses something to actually be a "great" team.
    They can still prove me wrong by winning this league, but frankly I see Urawa's and Vegalta's chances better (heck, I could even see INAC's chances better, if they manage to grab 6th place and if they get back Kawasumi and Goebel-Yanez from Seattle loan! :eek:).

unepomme repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Poor Bunnys. :(
    And poor Anclas too... after trying their best to get back in Nadeshiko League last season, they seem to have thrown in the towel. o_O

Cerezo Osaka girls can't seem to lift themselves from that last place, despite World Champions in the team, while JFA finally managed to make their World Champions count, as unepomme noticed.

Sfida Setagaya and Speranza FC Osaka Takatsuki, with today's wins, keep looking like the most serious candidates for promotion.

unepomme repped this.
  6. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    No, not at all. What needs to be compared at the time the ball is played is the position of:
    • the part of the body of the attacking player that is closest to the goal line (and with which that player is allowed to play the ball);
    • the part of the body of the (second-last) defending player that is closest to the goal line (and with which that player is allowed to play the ball, which includes a GK's arms/hands in the area);
    • the ball, but this is usually obvious.
    So looking at the picture I posted, you can compare the position of the defender's right knee with the position of the attacker's head, and you'll see that there's about half a yard between those, so she was offside by that half yard.

Also, what the hell is up with Nao? She was on the bench last week and now she's again completely absent?

unepomme repped this.
  7. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    As I said before to someone, Urawa's competition for the bench is very severe now.
    Even Otaki played only 12 minutes today.

NoDefense and blissett repped this.
  8. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, then I had the rule wrong. Still it was a close call.

9. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Virany found a video showing Saki's PK. :)

It was apparently from a handball, although I can't see very well (but the referee was close and well positioned).
    Le Sommer already had the ball in hand for her 2nd PK of the day, then she heard someone say something and she turned and gave the ball to Kumagai. I wonder if it was Saki herself to ask or a team-mate, or if there was any sort of previous agreement about taking PKs...

Anyway, Kumagai took the PK the same way as the one Gromit... doesn't remember! :p Straight and powerful in the upper-left angle (ok, this time it was a little lower).

I seem to remember Saki saying once that she had taken another PK in a penalty shootout with U-20 team, under Sasaki, and... she had failed! :laugh:

10. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Virany located some interesting videos: Igayounet gave to us the usual Kunoichi short highlights. Very good quality goal by Tsutsumi.

Then, as usual, there is a batch of Urawa's amateur videos; apparently, although it was an home game, Urawas weren't playing in their usal stadium, but in a field that was apparently in the middle of a park, judging by their supporters gathered at ground-level:

The pitch was also looking as bumpy as a potato field...
    Anyway here we have Chika Kato scoring from PK (two different views!):

unepomme repped this.
  11. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Let's not forget someting : we are talking from a video replay and, more than anything, freeze capture that we can watch and analyze for hours, discuss, enlarge, etc. The referee is on the pitch (behind the action or even at the same level-line for the assistant), the player and the ball are in fast motion, and the whole action lasts less than 2 seconds with a disputable question of centimeters. How could we reproach a referee not being able to analyze the action like us without the same tools at his disposal ???
    As Blissett said, it's not a case of clear hand-ball in penalty area as in Olympics Final.
    All this talking - sorry for being a bit brutal in my words - sounds very vain to me, and actually very unfair towards the referees.

unepomme and blissett repped this.
  12. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Chelsea's program's cover for the match of the day shows Ji So-yun :)

[​IMG]

blissett repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And, for a change... Challenge League highlights! :giggle:

Apparently, our good friend Girafferunfast (aka Moukoko) was at the stadium to watch Speranza FC Osaka Takatsuki-Kyoto Bunnys FC. Here we have his personal highlights, including 2 of 5 Speranza's goals.

Speranza features #7 Yui Narumiya and #14 Karina Maruyama. Giraffe is probably sad, though, because he roots for Bunnys. :( Let's give love to Giraffe by liking his video. :giggle:

unepomme and KAPIJXM repped this.
  14. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Challenge League is very little for Narumiya and Yokoyama, they deserve to play in Nadeshiko League, minimum.

blissett repped this.
  15. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Rumi Utsugi has just scored on PK for MHSC who leads 0-4 in Muret after 60'. :)
    That's Rumi's answer to Saki :p

unepomme, dakota701 and blissett repped this.
  16. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Believe it or not, but Ji So-yun was red carded !! Two yellow cards for two imaginary divings, the second one should have been a PK for her... According to my compatriot shlj who is at the game, the referee was really bad the whole game... :devilish::mad:

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What's the result?

18. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    0-0

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is it the final result? So I guess Chelsea doesn't lead the rankings of FA WSL after two matches; on the other hand current champions of Liverpool can't be leading either...

Talking about Japanese players overseas' results, yesterday ACF Firenze had a very difficult home match vs 1st ranked team of Italian Serie A Femminile, Brescia. In this match Matsubayashi was benched for Leoni :(; and Firenze lost by 1-5 (after being 1-2 until 84') :cry:. With two consecutive loss in the last two weeks, Firenze slid from 8th to 9th place, and this would mean having to play-off to remain in 1st division. So elusive 8th place, though, is still just 2 points away, with 3 matchdays to go, and Firenze has most of the difficult matches behind their back (while their main opponent still has to play Brescia)... If they play well (and if they get Matsubayashi back on the pitch :)), I guess they can still make it!

KAPIJXM repped this.
  20. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    [​IMG]
    Man City is last while Doncaster Belles, who were relegated by FA to leave room to City, is leading FAWSL 2 :D

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  21. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    So-yun before her second yellow card...

[​IMG]
    On this action, Yuki made a slided-tackle and, due to the very wet and slippy ground, violently hit with her foot Liverpool's GK Libby Stout's face. The US goalie had to be replaced.

[​IMG]

blissett repped this.
  22. NoDefense

NoDefense Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Kiryu is looking for ANYONE to link with that plays with the sophistication of at least a 17 year old: https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/...しこジャパン(英語スレッド).1998681/page-142#post-29894079
    Unofrtunately, the anticipation and vision in this league lowers the bar, even for a North American league. Most players react to the play and burn energy wastefully. I guess it makes sense that Becky(created and looked for many opportunities for Portland) and Kiryu both get replaced, so the game can devolve into a U11 tactics.

23. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    NWSL is the most overrated league in the world.

24. dakota701

dakota701 Member

Nov 22, 2012
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:…but you're probably right. When I see an NWSL game, I notice a lot of…well, standing around in the background rather than the players maneuvering to advance the ball. I am a neophyte to football strategy but am I seeing this correctly? When I watch highlights from Europe and Japan, there seems to be a lot more activity, not just from the players fighting for the ball, but all over the field. Also much more energy being generated--not just in physical work but in excitement.

blissett repped this.
  25. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I would replace the word "activity" by "creativity" ;)
    And there is also much more variety in the playing (by alternating short and long passes for instance, but it's only an example amongst others) in other leagues like Japan, France, Germany (the best 3 ones imho).
    I was struck again last night, while watching Washington-Kansas City, then Sky Blue-Portland (and it was worst las tweek with Seattle-Boston) by how the playing is stereotyped and predicatble. You always know what the player who has the ball will do. That's why someone like Kim Little or Nahomi Kawasumi were so above last week. And that's why, I think, Portland was champion last season, because they have players like Sinclair, Morgan or Heath who are less stereotyped.

dakota701 repped this.