Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The U-17's have been doing great or good but not the U-21's. Why can't the 16-17 year old's develop to great players at 20-21? Is it only about the Rekik's leaving at a young age?

Why is a Vilhena not being able to show growth and be like like a Thiago, Goetze, etc and taken the world by storm? Why does a 10 suddenly become a 6?

The problems of youth development are much deep rooted and this is the reason why Oranje have slipped out of the Top 10. Apart from Depay no great skilled talent has come up lately. It's like Germany and Netherlands have switched the kind of players to be produced. All oranje has are work-man like Box to Box players

4. Do you have any clue about his age?

5. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011

Goetze is 20-21 odd. Schalke have a new kid named Meyer at 17-18 and he is amazing.

Spain have Isco, Thiago, Morata. Vilhena can't even get into such a mediocre Oranje Team where everyone from Schaars to Fer is getting a call. He was a young star, his rate of developement should have been higher.

This season i really expected great things from him after settling down, specially in the 2nd half. Same with Clasie, I don't see huge improvements from 09-10. Feyenoords guys are not progressing while Depay-Strootman are showing considerable improvements

6. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Martijn Kaars will be joining Ajax next season. Will start in B2.

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Preliminary squad for the U17 Euro:

* Hidde ter Avest (FC Twente Voetbalacademie)
    * Donny van de Beek (Ajax)
    * Anthony Berenstein (FC Utrecht)
    * Leon Bergsma (Ajax)
    * Steven Bergwijn (RJO PSV/EHV)
    * Justin Bijlow (Feyenoord Academy)
    * Stan van Bladeren (Ajax)
    * Laros Duarte (Sparta Rotterdam)
    * Delano Grootenhuis (FC Twente Voetbalacademie)
    * Danny van Haaren (Feyenoord Academy)
    * Erwin Heidekamp (RVO/GC FC Groningen)
    * Ruben de Jager (FC Twente Voetbalacademie)
    * Guido Janssen (FC Utrecht)
    * Joris Klein Holte (Vitesse)
    * Julian Lelieveld (Vitesse)
    * Karim Loukili (FC Utrecht)
    * Rick van der Meer (Feyenoord Academy)
    * Dani van der Moot (RJO PSV/EHV)
    * Abdelhak Nouri (Ajax)
    * Yanick van Osch (RJO PSV/EHV)
    * Bilal Ould-Chikh (FC Twente Voetbalacademie)
    * Segun Owobowale (ADO Den Haag)
    * Kenneth Paal (RJO PSV/EHV)
    * Mauro Savastano (Ajax)
    * Jari Schuurman (Feyenoord Academy)
    * Marlon Slabbekoorn (Feyenoord Academy)
    * Jan-Willem Tesselaar (AZ)
    * Keziah Veendorp (RVO/GC FC Groningen)
    * Calvin Verdonk (Feyenoord Academy)
    * Wellington Verloo (Vitesse)
    * Ezra Walian (Ajax)
    * Teun van Zweeden (Ajax)

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's a shame that Feyenoord never participates in tournaments like this..

10. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Preliminary U15 squad for a game against Serbia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sam Aarts (AZ)
    Emmanuel Boateng (AZ)
    Kick de Goede (AZ)
    Jasper ter Heide (AZ)
    Owen Wijndal (AZ)

Jarno Abbel (RJO Willem II/RKC)
    Justin Ogenia (RJO Willem II/RKC)

Ugur Altintas (Sparta Rotterdam)
    Orhan Dag (Sparta Rotterdam)
    Nazario de Fretes (Sparta Rotterdam)

Lance Duijvestijn (ADO Den Haag)
    Hennos Asmelash (ADO Den Haag)
    Delano Kloos (ADO Den Haag)

Navajo Bakboord (Ajax)
    Nigel Bouman (Ajax)
    Justin Kluivert (Ajax)
    Noa Lang (Ajax)
    Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax)
    Anderson Lopez (Ajax)
    Donyell Malen (Ajax)
    Ché Nunnely (Ajax)

Amar Catic (RJO PSV-EHV)
    Leandro Fernandes (RJO PSV-EHV)
    Mike van de Meulenhof (RJO PSV – EHV)
    Armando Obispo (RJO PSV-EHV)
    Robin Schoonbrood (RJO PSV-EHV)

Tahith Chong (Feyenoord Academy)
    Tyrell Malacia (Feyenoord Academy)
    Joël Piroe (Feyenoord Academy)

Ferdio Kadioǧlu (Voetbalacademie NEC / FC Oss)
    Niek Hoogveld (Voetbalacademie NEC / FC Oss)

Martijn Kaars (FC Volendam)

Nicky Souren (Roda JC)

Steven Theunissen (De Graafschap)

Trevor Doornbusch (sc Heerenveen)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a good selection. KNVB continues to surprise me with the selection of AZ players.. I have seen a few games from this AZ team but I don't remember anything special about any of the players. even Jasper ter Heide, who has been scouted bt Ajax.. can't say anything about him. But I guess that the scouts do know what they are doing, because they have selected Kaars. :D At least I'm not the only one.

Can't say anything special about the PSV players.. or the Ado players.. Orhan Dag from Sparta is a nice players.
    I already talked a little bit about some of the Ajax players here. I know most of them quit well.. a very talented batch of payers. I would say the best batch of youth platers since the Cruijff revolution.

I'm a little disappointed with Feyenoord.. three players are selected, but only one is noteworthy and that is Tahith Chong. I have never noticed Tyrell Malacia and Joël Piroe is a flat track bully at the youth level, (Has decent techniques though) he should play 2 age groups higher because of his height.

JC-14 repped this.
  11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

12. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Nouri :notworthy:

DRB300 repped this.
  13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looking at it with a demanding attitude it is too bad he is not build on a bigger frame. Sneijder and Vaart are pretty small, but Nouri takes fragile to another level. That being said he is a bit less stiff and also speedier than them, though I would not say he has a very big acceleration. Enough to beat a man so now and then in a game. His trickery is actually used to camouflage this partly. He wants to beat his man, then he comes short in pure speed, pulls off some trickery and gets his space and time to give that dangerous pass or shoot himself. He and the winger showed some chemistry during the game.

Cerny had 2 bad long ball anticipations in the game, in case he had expected to get to him, would have given him a 1 vs 1 against the keeper or in any case a good position to give somebody a clear cut chance. Overall he was also ineffective with his shot. There was flash, speed and technique in his actions. He and Nouri might be on to something nice for Ajax. It's one thing to have 2 good players in development, it's another thing they try to find each other all the time and create dangerous stuff.

On a side note, that is why I would like the U17 coach (Stekelenburg) to play all technical players together as much as possible. Paal, Slabbekoorn, Nouri. Take van der Moot from PSV out and just create space to create early chemistry between the best players of a new generation. Same goes for Walian. I do not know what the deal is about him, but he looked like a dead corpse in this game. When there was an easy wall pass to make, he fluffed it. His successor Dilrosun was much better. Actually that player went to the wing and another winger played striker. That configuration was instantly better and makes a case for what I just said about the U17 NT.

I also liked one of the center backs. The biggest of them. Not just his manhandling, he really tried to advance play and thought forwardly. There was football in him that I liked.

14. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #489 thatkid, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Hehehe Nouri being Nouri.. :D

DRB300, were you at de toekomst to watch the game?

Because he was amazing at AZ and in his 1st year at Ajax. He looked like a gifted striker.. Somehow, all of that gone now.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They dismantled Corinthians 4-0 in the second match of the day.

DRB300 repped this.
  16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No, watched it on Fox. Was not able to see the second match. I am not sure they broadcasted it actually.

Yes, but Dilrosun was a nice surprise for me. Looking at the other summery against Corinthians he was threatening again (assist), took that wonderful ball out of the air, but should work on his awareness, vision and finishing. He does have technique, speed, physique and a cross pass.

For the next game:

Dilrosun------------Idrissi-----------Cerny

--------vd Beek---------------Nouri-------

-------------------Leyder-----------------

X-------Fosu-Mensah-------X-----------X

----------------------X---------------------

I switched Nouri to the right as I want to see what he and Cerny close to each other can do.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #493 Orange14, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    ^ Liverpool look quite talented.:( Match ends 0-2.

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Now vs Anderlecht U17, same stream.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Too many games to watch as I'm also looking at the Liverpool/Norwich City match. Liverpool really play nice football!:)

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Already 0-2. Game over. Fun game Ajax vs Anderlecht, I stopped watching Liverpool.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I can watch both as the Liverpool match is on the TV and the Aegon Cup is on the computer!!

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The good thing: Ajax is much better.
    The bad thing: It does not result in a goal difference. Should have been 2-1 or even 3-1.

Anderlecht is dangerous when they come out. At the start with the goal and at the end 1 time.

If Mensah was just a bit faster, he would have been a perfect defender. Strong in the duels, good footballer. Not sure of it is speed or anticipation lacking with him. Maybe a bit of both, but despite the conceded goal, I like him.

Nouri is wonderful little fellow who might want to become more clinical. That chance at the start of the game should have been a goal.

Cerny is ineffective. Maybe going through a bad cycle, but nothing hits home with him.

24. Oranje Leeuwen

Aug 15, 2013
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I was most impressed with van de Beek and Nouri. Especially impressed with van de Beek's banana pass

25. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    van de Beek I think is actually under performing.. He is usually plays much better then this at the A1..

He is a lot like Robben.. Sometimes he is absolutely amazing and other times everything goes wrong. In terms of technique he is on the same level as Nouri, but he lacks Nouri's football brain.

..Next year you should keep an eye on Nunnely, he is a better version of Cerny.

JC-14 repped this.