Mes que un sporting project - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He also earns over twice as much. Yaya Toure earns 17 to 19 million Euro at Manchester City depending on what they achieve, as well as over 10 million Euro from Puma.

"People know who Messi is, but they don't know me."

Give the man a hug. Please.

2. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    C'mon Liverpool! Seal it!

3. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Sterling is having a great season, must be a definite for the World Cup now.

RMSocrates repped this.
  4. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    3-1.

Sterling x 2

Suarez with 30 open-play goals. Only 2nd player in the PL to get to that mark without taking a single PK.

6. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012

Berba......he's so Matt Le Tissier :cool:

timh19 repped this.
  7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A study carried out that analysed the stats of Europe's main leagues has found a man faster than Gareth Bale. His name is Antonio Valencia, currently plying his trade at Manchester United. The player has reached a top speed of 35.1 kilometres per hour.

Gareth Bale's cracker of a goal in the Cup final came about after a breathtaking run at 34 kilometres per hour - making him the second-fastest player in history. Just in that one run, the Welsh Rocket ran more than Messi did in the whole match.

After spectacularly out-running Bartra, the Welshman then slotted the ball home in the last minutes of the game against Barcelona, coming very close to Valencia's record. Behind them come Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), Cristiano Ronaldo and Theo Walcott (Arsenal).

8. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I'm pretty sure Aubameyang is the fastest player out there.

9. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well done Liverpool. Suarez best player on the planet right now. No discussion.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You can attempt to avoid the fact Toure was playing DM and playing well in that position, it won't change the fact that he was playing well for barca in that position and was replaced because a young "prodigy" of la masia was on the way.

The fact Pepe coached/developed busquets and his father played for barca had a hand in it as well. Saying it did not is just untrue, I'm sure that won't stop you though.

You have no proof those people know who the hell Toure is. If you do provide this proof.

What we do know is they like Xabi (an actual DM lol) enough to make him one of the spokesmen for their product.

He also said...

Must have been ignored because it didn't fit the initial poster's agenda.

I'm just looking for the actual figures. Also surely you have more that just Puma as an endorsement example.

Comparing players who have done nothing near what Cristiano has done is absolutely ridiculous and makes no sense. I am speaking of Cristiano being Spanish/Brazilian/English/Argentinian vs being Portuguese.

So you're saying no one has affinity for Brazilians/Argentinians? Englishmen aren't megahyped? Spainish players aren't the new "Brazilians" for the last half decade (due to style of play and success)?

Whatever.

The reality is there for all to see. In the end, Yaya Toure is such a big star everyone knows that, you an avid fan, thought he was a DM? Huh?

That is like someone saying Inista is a great striker and Xavi is barcas best CB lol.

11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Him and Mathis Bolly (Fortuna Dusseldorf) according to EA sprinters rankings.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Provide where you got these numbers.

The truth is HERE. He earns 45 million pounds over 4 years. In euros that is about 55 million euros over 4 years which is about 13.75 million euros a year BEFORE taxes.

No doubt if you lied about how much he makes at Manchester City you've also lied about the amount of that Puma contract which looks laughably incorrect as well.

13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo. No discussion.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So after finding out he has no point worth arguing with, you are focusing on correcting other people's wage calculations?

Toure has nothing to complain about. Both his fame and recognition in the game are about where they should be. Even his salary has gone past what he's actually worth.Good for him for having a clever agent.

As i said: Messi is one of the best players to ever play the sport, Toure is the best in a, mass media wise, completely irrelevant position when he plays well.

If he feels like he's been done wrong, he should come up with a player worse than him, in his position, that gets more credit and respect than him.

9Qui repped this.
  15. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Suarez: 30 goals in premier league (not including penalties)
    Ronaldo: 22 goals in la liga (not including penalties)

Even including penalties Suarez wins 30-28 (imagine if Suarez took penalties!!!)

Assists:
    Ronaldo: 8
    Suarez: 12

If you add the fact that Suarez will likely lead Liverpool to the Premier League title and Ronaldo will only manage a second spot in La Liga (unless something crazy happens) then like I said there is no discussion.

You know I am only talking about this 2013/2014 season right? I think it's ok to accept that what Suarez is doing in a poorer team is quite frankly amazing and he has performed better than Messi and Ronaldo this season.

The Potter repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    #7142 YOUNGSTARS87, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    I have addressed that with my response to Oscar. You on the other hand attempted to use fake inflated wage amounts to support your agenda and I have requested you provide proof (you haven't) and have pointed out you were wrong again (let's see if you'll own up to it... doubt it).

I wonder why you would inflate those wages by 6 million euros. I wonder...

SMH, I hate these notion that just because you have money you shouldn't have your own opinion or shouldn't want more out of life/work/etc.

It is like people like you are angry because others found a way to maximize the return for their life/work.

17. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    So Pellegrini has essentially thrown away the league title. This after not being able to do basic arithmetic, which led to them being seeded 2nd during the first knock-out stage. Can people now see that he was never good enough for Real Madrid?

halamadrid00 repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I feel bad for dude. Big pressure situations don't bring out his best.

19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Who's saying he wasn't playing DM at Barça? Are we at the stage where you make up things I said again. Fun.

The point is that Busquets was a better DM in Barça's system. You yourself say Toure is not a defensive player. You yourself say he was only "well" :D in their system, probably building up to a future post where you "never said Toure was better than Busquets as a DM for Barcelona". Let's just fast forward to that.

Where's your proof that they don't?

Why would I need to? Because you don't like this particular endorsement? That's not a good reason at all.

Exactly. Toure comparing himself to Messi, he who has done nothing near what Messi has done is absolutely ridiculous and makes no sense.

It only took you arguing with me to come to the very same conclusion as where everybody else was from the very beginning.

4x4s repped this.
  20. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    #7146 -Fifth CharM-, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    This right here is a prime example of number manipulation/Misuse of statistics.

First of all, why exclude penalties? They are goals too. And why count only the league? Why exclude performance in other competitions such as the champions league or cups if we're talking about best player on the planet merits? Both play in domestic cups for example.

That is because you know that Suarez ZERO goals in the domestic cup, while Ronaldo has 3. In fact Suarez plays in two domestic cups, compared to Ronaldo's one.

This puts the score at 30-31 in Ronaldo's favour.

And then we have the Champions league goals. In which Ronaldo equalized the top scorer record for the competition. 14 goals.

This puts Suarez vs Ronaldo at of 30 vs 45.

MadridFan22304 and russian hattie repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Phil Jones penalty. Good work by Lukaku (sp?)

Everton score. Good on Martinez. I hope he stays put for two-three more years before we come calling. No chance of that though lol.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Him being a better fit for the future does not mean that he was better for them at the present time. It took time for busquets to settle in that position, while Yaya Toure did well there and helped them win while there.

They could have slowly adapted busquets but didn't. It is quite obvious why they didn't especially when Yaya Toure didn't really want to go.

Lol and this is where our conversation ends. When you state your opinion that people know something you have no proof they know, then tell me I need to provide the proof they don't when it was your inaccurate statement from the beginning to claim they did; I know our conversation has come full circle.

At least you haven't argued that perception of certain countries helps to play favorites (just not for Spain!) lol.

23. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    C'mon man really?! Why exclude penalties? haha really? Do i need to explain that?

THIS SEASON Suarez is the best player in the world. He is 3 matches away from winning the league for LIVERPOOL. He doesn't have Di Maria, Modric, Bale and Benzema in his side. He has outperformed every player on the planet. The man deserves some respect. Clearly better than Ronaldo and Messi right now.
    Please be objective about things. SMH

24. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Suarez has easily been a better player than Ronaldo this season.

jeremy123 repped this.