Game #7:FIRE vs. Patriots 4/19 3:00pm (NBCSN)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by firefan2001, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Jon_May

Jon_May Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Was the booing actually aimed at the players? I thought it was for the ref

goldclover repped this.
  2. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #202 LocoGueroFutobolista, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Don't know why the ref would be booed. Not his fault Sherjill Anangono Castillo screwed up.
    I'm not down at all with booing players while they are on the field right after they gave it for the badge. To me, that is akin to spitting on our troops just back from the war(s).
    Now, if it was Andi, well, that's another story.

bunge repped this.
  3. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Both? !?

snkscore repped this.
  4. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both, likely. The booing came through clearly in the broadcast so it had to be pretty widespread.

I think all but the most casual one-game-a-year attendees and Lieron81 are getting tired of the underperformance of this team year after year.

The teams we've played so far have a combined record of 7 wins, 23 ties and 18 losses. NONE of them has a winning record. And part of the reason they look even THAT good is because they played us! In short, we've been spending our season thus far making bad teams look good.

Our schedule ain't gonna get any easier that it has been. We've played two games against the other winless teams and we have only the SJ game and two Montreal games remaining against currently winless teams. We probably won't go winless the whole season but this could get really ugly unless we get gifted another season savior or Ward turns out to be that guy.

firefan2001 repped this.
  5. HeyFireGO

HeyFireGO Member+

May 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  6. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Big Red saying he regrets not taking the ball from Big Mess Juan (BMJ) for the PK. WTF? Grow a pair already! Team is screwed until reinforcements arrive in July.

firefan2001 and xtomx repped this.
  7. Ke1n

Ke1n Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank goodness for the Red Stars. At least one Chicago team knows how to win at TP. Id go over the pros and cons but theres way too many cons so ill just repost this.

loonixxx and ratdog repped this.
  8. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, the Fire want to own the conversation, perhaps that is part of the plan.
    They break it, they own it.

alf, loonixxx, ratdog and 2 others repped this.
  9. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    #209 bunge, Apr 20, 2014
    Like I said before the season, I'm still giving the team ten games before I decide how I feel about them. I thought today's game showed some promise and progress, PK aside. I definitely need to re-watch it though.

Earlier on in the season I couldn't figure out what the hell they were trying to do on the field but today felt like the team is starting to figure it out. Quincey's red card isn't going to help but in general I think we're settling down into some form or style. It still isn't pretty though.

harrylee773 repped this.
  10. Jdgedwill

Jdgedwill Member+

Jun 15, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Magee seems lost, I fear he's lost confidence in himself. Quincy seemed to have played more like a starter so that's good and his goal scoring celebrations rival Ocho Cinco's.

11. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, my concern at this point in time is our record tying draw streak has come at the hands of clubs in the lower half of the table. We haven't played the good clubs yet and based on what I've seen so far this season, I don't like our chances.

Yallop is going to have to make some changes. I'd like him to start by putting Magee up top where he belongs and giving Shipp a shot a center mid.

12. nowherenova

nowherenova Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Formerly Terminus
    Came home after a 14 hour work day to find comcast had been down all day so no recording - tried to watch replay on NBC sports but match not available for replay - after reading this thread I find another win slips through our fingers on ANOTHER missed pk????? Good thing I missed the Blackhawks game too... Looks like all in all it was a great day to be at WORK :eek:

skinut, xtomx and bunge repped this.
  13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    For the rest of the season all players on the team should practice penalty kicks for hours on end. Have competitions on who can make the most consecutive in training. Then the Winner should take them during matches.
    There is no reason why we should not have 6 points at home the last two matches. Absolutely no reason.

14. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next three games are:

vs. RSL (tie at best)
    @ New York (tie at best)
    vs. Kansas City (tie at best)

Best case we are 0-9-1.........

15. thnkucomeagain

thnkucomeagain Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They actually do pretty well against SKC

16. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why I said at best the game will end in tie.:)

17. thnkucomeagain

thnkucomeagain Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If we tie every remaining game and win our last game LRon will say it's an improvement

18. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    The less interest in soccer, the fewer people talking about it.
    The fewer people talking about it, the easier it is to "own the soccer conversation."
    Profit.

skinut, seamuslush and bunge repped this.
  19. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    I was booing another year of crap soccer in Chicago + Anangono + Hauptman.

loonixxx and bunge repped this.
  20. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Standings can be misleading early in the season but I agree with your sentiment. By game ten we should see some separation between the best and worst teams, and we'll have a clearer picture. If we can't get a win in the next three games we'll clearly be at the bottom.

21. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Shipp is going to be an interesting one. I'm guessing he's never played as many games as an MLS season and his stuns is going to come into play. This may be why we're seeing him subbed off at times even when he's playing well.

If we haven't won by game ten we may need to throw the season out and get Joya and Shipp some solid minutes in their preferred positions.

seamuslush repped this.
  22. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #222 harrylee773, Apr 20, 2014
    I was pretty certain that Shipp was subbed off yesterday due to fatigue- at the Philly game, we could see that he was gassed by the 60th minute from our seats, and he was subbed off right around then. Hopefully as the season goes on, his gameday fitness improves and he's able to go 90. That was a beautiful pass to Quincy yesterday and he's fun to watch when he's on.

seamuslush and bunge repped this.
  23. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was one world class pass from Shipp to Amerikwa.

seamuslush and Pablo Chicago repped this.
  24. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    I didn't get a recording (sonofabitch) so I'll have to wait to see it again. I hate the MLS Live blackouts.

25. HeyFireGO

HeyFireGO Member+

May 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That pass had shades of Nowak in it.

skinut, seamuslush, xtomx and 2 others repped this.