Seleção 2014 - Preparation till the Cup [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Mengão86, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who is Brazil's biggest threat in the WC?

Poll closed Apr 4, 2014.
  1. Argentina

11.8%
  2. Germany

50.0%
  3. Spain

8.8%
  4. Italy

5.9%
  5. Netherlands

5.9%
  6. Other (please state)

17.6%
  1. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Put me in the Coutinho bandwagon. He has matured into, dare I say it, a complete player (maybe not). Needs to work on his finishing but his vision and defensive help have a made a huge difference on that team.

Another thing, what are peoples opinion on the Paulinho vs Fernandinho? Paulinho has no place at Spurs and has looked average this season when given the chance while Fernandinho has flourished with Yaya as his partner and has now taken a bigger responsibility with Yaya out.

Felipao can't be taken seriously about his comments on form when the likes of JC and Paulinho are first choice players.

2. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Fernandinho plays on a really good team, easier for him to look good, while Paulinho is a great player on a bad team, easy for him to look bad. Plus i don't even know why his coach is not playing him.

I don't think Paulinho loses his slot as the starting DM for the National Team.

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Agreed.

Also think that Coutinho won't make it on the team - William will likely get the spot.

We still have one more midfield spot - at this point, I'm not sure who will get it. I really want Firmino, but I doubt he makes it. Hernanes, while absent from recent call ups, is probably still very much in the picture.

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I think in Paulinho case he is a starter unless otherwise. If his poor form carries over to the NT, Scolari can opt for other options like Fernandinho.

5. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I don't think he's having a poor form, I think he straight up is playing on a bad team. Hard to look good when everyone around you sucks.. then the coach takes you out as a scape goat for the bad results. That's what's kind of going on with him right now.

benni... repped this.
  6. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    One player who is having a poor season is Ramires.Even today he was so poor and escaped from a red card.
    with Fernandinho in the team, Ramires may not even be required in the team.I wish Scolari drops Ramires and pick Hernanes instead.

benni... repped this.
  7. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    I was just about to comment on Ramires. What has gotten into him? Never thought of him as a dirty player but from that stomp a month ago or so and todays sucker punch, I will have to change how I view him.

8. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I am not sure why william deserves a shot. He looks pretty avg at chelsea, just like ramires.

Fernandiho, ramires, paulinho and william = too much of holding mid fielders. Scolari needs to look at home for some attacking options because the european game has screwed with a lot of the braziian midfielders making them defensive turds

Jiripoca and Guigs repped this.
  9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Willian hustles up and down the field and wins the ball back aswell as creates.. a mini-Hulk. Something that will come in handy big time in Brazil.

Willian isn't even a holding midfielder.. dudes a winger lmao.. Ramires isn't a true volante, guy plays like terceiro volante. Paulinho and Fernandinho on this team seems about right to me, idk how you can hate on that.

lol @ looking at home for some attacking options.. ya such as??

10. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    But I kind of need to agree with his point, they take the Brazilian volantes in Europe and try to make them play completely different. Hence the comment of making them turds.. I agree with that.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's not what he meant either. He was talking about making attacking midfielders more defensive and they turn into turds.

I agree with you about our defensive midfielders, though.

12. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    With the fullbacks we have, it a positive that the likes of Willian and Hulk hustle and defend up and down the wing for 90 mins.

XaviandXabi repped this.
  13. XaviandXabi

XaviandXabi Member

May 4, 2005
    CT
    Yeah, what Brasilian based attacking players will make a difference? Surely not that slow as molasses Ganso.

14. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Ramires has largely always been an undisciplined player. Remember, he got his 2nd yellow card in the Chile game in WC2010 and was suspended for the Holland game.

15. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Willian is a great passer and I think he's excellent at bringing the ball forward. We don't see him all the time for Chelsea because the team is so deep -- he's a classic squad rotation player on a very good team. Which is pretty much the role he'd have for the national team, which is fine.

So, the big question for all you guys -- who's gonna take the final midfield spot on the team?

Volantes - Ramires, Paulinho, Fernandinho, Luiz Gustavo
    Attacking Mids / Wingers - Oscar, Willian, Bernard, Hulk

We have room for one more midfielder here -- or a forward. And from the above list, Bernard and Fernandinho probably tenuous. Bernard, for form. And Fernandinho because. I guess Willian to a lesser extent, but I see his role increasing for Chelsea in the coming games given Hazard's injury and Ramires' potential suspension.

16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Hernanes IMO because he brings a different characteristic to the team that we don't have. I remember during the confederation cup and one of the problems of this team is the transition from midfield to attack.

17. Kevin_405

Kevin_405 Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Hernanes did nothing in the confer cup. To his credit he did not get much pt. I still prefer cutinho to hernanes, especially on the offensive end and vision.

18. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Coutinho----oscar---neymar....................Looks mouthwatering combination on paper....But the lightweight attack cant be trusted ( If you have stout defenders in the opposition team ).......They will be easily dispossessed.

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    It would be too easy to stop tbh. Just cut down their space and wala.

20. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    I thought Willian looked pretty good a couple days ago against Atletico. I know it was a poor match overall, but he really pushed a lot of the counter attacking runs. And he was great at tracking back to defend.

21. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Willian, Hulk, Neymar, Oscar, Hernanes, Coutinho, Bernard, Lucas Moura, Firmino. Too much quality and not enough room. It a shame really.

Anyone knows about Bernard situation in Ukraine?

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bench player :rolleyes:

23. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Shakhtar is still leading the Ukrainian league, but their game tomorrow vs Arsenal Kyiv has been cancelled! !

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Its a mediocre league to begin with. Never rated it and rightly so tbh. Even moreso now, Bernard still living off what he did last season with Atletico Mineiro.

Mengão86 repped this.
  25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    - Estou aprendendo muito no Corinthians neste momento, aprendi muito na Seleção, me deixou muito mais maduro e exigente como profissional. Para atender uma exigência maior, você precisa se preparar mais. O Flamengo foi um trabalho muito peculiar, muito particular, e foi muito rápido. A passagem pelo Flamengo foi uma passagem que eu diria que o trabalho não foi bom. Diferentemente da Seleção, que eu fiz um bom trabalho, que não teve uma sequência porque as pessoas não quiseram - afirmou.
    A delusional Mano Menezes.