Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by HectorF18, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    To put this into stark perspective, as I gather San Jose had 4,000 season ticket holders in 2012. Not sure about last year. It seems possible that in 2014 SRFC will have more season ticket holders than the Quakes.

2. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow this is great news. With 6000 season tickets sold in an 8000 seat venue, that will make individual game tickets a hot commodity, especially of STH have priority purchasing individual game tickets as well. Almost with the stadium was more like 10k if they sell this much.

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    It's better to sell out every game. That sows the seeds for building a bigger, permanent -- MLS ready -- stadium.

4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    More numbers on the San Jose comparison, this time from Grant Wahl. He reports that San Jose sold : "5,000 in 2014, up from 4,500 in 2013."

If SRFC hits 6,000 as they say they expect, then I really think it's game on for Sacramento's MLS ambitions. Hell, if they "disappoint" and merely surpass 5,000, I'm going to say the same thing.

If SRFC can get those sorts of numbers for a minor league team, then I think you can start to make the serious argument that Sacramento, and not San Jose is the strongest soccer market in Northern California.

5. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think SJ wants the season tickets at the 5k range, thats why they dont market it that much. If you want to build a fan base, you have to have seats for new fans. Plus you have to take into account that its SJ's last season at the crappy stadium and people will want to save their money for the new stadium. We should wait and see what the season tickets for Sac is next year if they fail to win a trophy. To me that will be the true indicator of where they are at.

6. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    There's no need to defend San Jose. Most of us here rooting for the Republic are also Quake fans. Sac's STH sales are pacing quite a few MLS teams.

With that being said, 5k STH for the Quakes is shitty, esp in a market like the Bay Area. Most pro sports teams shoot for ~3/4 capacity for STH sales. SJQs were just as bad last year and the year before for STH as well. So it's not just due to the new stadium. In fact, the new stadium is probably the reason STH went up this year.

This just reinforces what a lot of people think about SJs front office and their advertisement/ promotion of the team (which sucks).

I hope the Quakes hit advertising hard when the new stadium comes online. They SHOULD have ~12k+ STH in the new joint.

QuietType repped this.
  7. Quakesss

Quakesss Member+

Nov 16, 2013
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you look at what Portland ans SKC are doing you can see that Portland caps its STH to 15,300 which leaves about 5,138 tickets available each match. SKC caps its STH at 14,000 which leaves about 4,467 tickets available each match. The difference between these teams and SJ being that we only have 10k capacity, so obviously the STH will have to be around 5k to keep the 5k tickets available to grow the fan base like these good teams FO's are doing. Dont get me wrong, Sac is doing a good job, but you cant really compare a brand new team in a new stadium to a team about to move out of a shitty stadium. Great to see a D3 club doing well, its good for American soccer.

8. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Season ticket sales have surpassed 5,000 (per Sac Republic press release). Great job Sacramento!!!

10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5,000.. that is a great benchmark to hit. I think that is the most in USL Pro. So, at least 5,000 seats in an 8,000 seat stadium will be automatically filled, leaving less than 3,000 for single game purchases, which STHs have priority for as well. I'm hoping Cal Expo is packed!

11. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    only two usl clubs even averaged 5000 fans last year.

12. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So when's the first game at the new stadium?

13. destruktion

destruktion BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 30, 2006
    Woodland,CA
    Club:
    Sacramento Republic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First game at Cal Expo is on June 7.

14. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I'll be missing the first two games at the new stadium. I can't complain though, I'll be in Europe during the first game and going to a friends wedding during the second game.

15. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, 5k season tickets are great. It is literally money in the bank. Bad weather, poor performance the week before, in a bad streak of games. You still have the ticket revenue for 5k for that game. And a something most people done take in consideration. At different times in the season, you might have a couple of weeks with no home games. No home games means no ticket revenue that week. This helps you get through those lean times of reduced revenue.

16. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Picked up my season tickets today. They are at 5200+ STH, and are still anticipating close to 6K.

On a related note, they are at 11,000+ tickets for the home opener.

17. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Picked up one today too. First time seeing their headquarters, cool spot off of Broadway, used to be my stomping grounds a few years ago. Lots of people there, and lots of staff. I resisted buying a beer glass, but I know I will eventually ;)

Well they are giving every season ticket holder free tickets to the three first games at Hughes, so that's doubling the number right there. I really hope we get 20k there opening night. It's going to be a logistical and traffic nightmare, but will be good if people show up an hour or two earlier like they're hoping.

18. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw somewhere that the attendance record for a regular season game was just under 12,000 for Minnesota & Milwaukee back in the 90's.

QuietType repped this.
  19. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well get ready to make history.

20. sugit

sugit Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Sacramento
    We are going to crush that on Saturday....

Upset I have to miss the game though. Have a wedding that day which I'm one of the groomsmen. My tickets are going to worthy people though!

QuietType repped this.
  21. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Picked up my tickets, two shirts, a hat for my dad and a pin. I'm trying to figure out the traffic situation as I'll be driving in from Folsom. I'll probably try to show up as earlier as possible.

22. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My source for this, plus 2013 attendance figures for USL from the blog of Big Soccer member kenntomasch ...

http://www.kenn.com/the_blog/?tag=usl-pro

23. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    According to Sac Bee, Republic has passed 5500 STH sales.

OUTSTANDING!!

24. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    That's awesome. 5500 guaranteed at the new stadium out of a capacity of 8000 is outstanding. Hopefully the general public continues to buy tickets and attend games.