Frauen-Bundesliga Friends (and Foes) 2013

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Micol, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    I know Hotjam2 would go hours upon hours talking about the wonderfully gifted Linda Dallmann. But in all honesty, the star of the cup game was no other than Isabelle Wolf. This girl is the most underrated footballer I've ever seen. She has the speed, the physicality, and the skills but yet she never gets the chance with the U NTs. I can't understand for the life of me how someone as good as her is forever ignored. She, hands down, made the difference for Essen when she came on. I bet if she was starting the game over Lea Schüller, Essen wouldn't have needed the extra time to win.

I guess I'm turning into another Hotjam2 :laugh: but watching the cup game I was baffled how everyone seem so highly speaking of Dallmann when she honestly is not a top notch talent "to me". I know though that she was injured and barely made the game. Still though, I can at least think of 5 German players her age who are way better than her. I think most fans value the fancy moves over what gets the job done. Wolf is Birgit Prinz type of player. She will not wow you but she will score goals and annoy the hell out of the other team. And really just looking at the U20, which I believe is one heck of a team, seeing everyone size and height, I'd bet Wolf will be a great addition to the team.

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    that must be my cue, lol
    Linda Dallmann is a package of dynamite that barely stands 5 ft tall(158 cm), usually the smallest on the pitch, but the one with the biggest roar! She's scored so far 6 goals in the league and 4 in Cup play. Her tally in assists would be even greater if only they kept taps. Through her brilliant midfield play(I call her the German Marta!) she's led a rather otherwise hopelessly under manned team all the way into the Cup finals, as she's dribbled through entire defenses to either score or set up an team mates.
    If this was America, they would make a Hollywood movie on her & her team. But before that could happen, they would have to once again due the impossible task and this time conquer the impregnable fortress that is Frankfurt with it's gazillion NT's.
    Unfortunately, Essen, which has the slowest (& shortest) back line this side of Sindelfingen, is exactly what the doctor ordered for the tall timbers of Frankfurt's front line.

Dunno about Isabelle Wolf(cept that she got only an 1 goal tally in the league, so far)but Freiburg game wasn't Dallmann at her best. She & the equally impressive Melanie Leupolz went 'toe to toe' as they marked each other out in this contest. MVP of the game, went to Essen's gk Weiss, who due to her defense taking in an occasional siesta had to stop at one point a two to zero fast break!

Hopefully Neid(who was in the audience) would of take notice, as I feel Dallmann & Weiss truly deserve to show what they got on the NT!

3. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    :ROFLMAO:
    I like Turbine very much for multiple reasons, but you're really too much :D
    And I agree with BigFil, imho Dallmann has nothing really exceptional. At least so far...

4. RagingBull

RagingBull Member

Oct 29, 2009
    "They" do. Just click "Vorlagen". They are a bit late sometimes, but usually accurate.

The U20-WC will show what Dallmann can do. Her record with the Youth-national teams is not that great but i think she reached a different level this season and she was definitely better than Däbritz during the semi-final on Saturday.

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #405 hotjam2, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    thanks so much for that link! Even though she's tied just for 6th place on the goal/assists list, notice that she is the only midfielder among the top 10? and the one's above her have more easier since their stacked all-star/NT caliber teams who control of the ball majority of the game

It was hard to navigate and find this video in the 'new & improved' dfb website. but here
    for Big-Fil is Dallmann at her best, versus Koln in the quarter final
    http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=6863
    1st goal, Dallmann dribble drives through the Koln defense and set up the own goal beautifully
    2nd goal Dallmann
    3-4th goal, Hartmann, but mainly due some shotty defence
    5th goal another nice assist by Dallmann

6. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    I remember this game. I watched it live. Still don't think she deserves all this praise. I'm not saying she's not talented but then again she's not as good as you're saying. No way she's near Marta level of brilliance.

Also, I really don't think she, single handedly, led her team this season. Don't look at the goals alone. Sasic is Frankfurt's top scorer and I doubt anyone of you think she led the team to where its at the moment.

Wolf for me is much better player. Unfortunately she was injured for the most part of this season.I hope she will stay injury free and that she will get a chance with the U20.

7. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I think that the whole planet will never convince our friend hotjam2 that Dallman is not a genius, but just a good player (as well as Batfink will never be convinced that Sasic is not the worst) :D

8. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    :p x100

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seriously.gif ... I never said the worst, but definitely can't see anything that great either...;)

Anyway, while Dallmann in the league appears to be great, like others, I also believe she has to prove her worth at the U-20 WC if she's serious about getting senior team looks any time soon.

Besides the DFB footage, has anybody found decent highlights of the Essen semi final victory...?

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wolf did have an excellent game against Freiburg. But she came in late in the 2nd half & played with mighty 'fresh' legs going against some very exhausted players; Leupolz went out early in the over time period with what looked like a leg cramp. Dallmann followed a few minutes later. Their match up was a classic, as they both run ragged from the incredible amount of tackles they induced against either other or on others. This is where the real battle was fought, as the offence on both sides proved to be rather sloppy. For instance; the other sub, Freutel scores the only goal against the now almost dead on their feet, Freiburg defenders, but then proving she's not the most accomplished of players, commits 5 off sides in a matter of a few minutes. On the other side, Starke, missed what should an 99% chance to score.
    Just looking at Wolf's stats; 290 minutes in 9 bundesliga & 6 cup games(with just 1 goal), proves that she's been around for the majority of the season but it's been only used primarily only as a sub. This isn't us debating here, but her own coach basically deciding she's not good enough to have more playing time.

Gromit---nice try! but by now we all know unless a lil Nadeshiko is running on that field, you ain't watching!!!
    so I've taken the liberty of finding a link to watch the full replay of the whole 120 minute game. Happy viewing!
    http://www1.wdr.de/mediathek/video/...videofussballdfbpokalfrauenhalbfinale100.html

Batfink repped this.
  11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  12. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    That's why I said she's the most underrated footballer that I've ever seen.:cry:

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This site says Potsdam vs Wolfsburg will be streamed line over here
    http://www.rbb-online.de/rbbsportplatz/index.html

if that link don't work, then go to
    http://www.frombar.com
    and look under 'uefa women's events' at 12.00 local time
    remember to x out all spam(you have to repeat it every 10 min. if you go to full screen) and espcially x out anything that asks for a video player(you don't need it)

preview,
    as much as I love Potsdam's high powered offence, it's their only 3 defenders in the back line that's so scary They've been able to handle everything thrown at them, except for the one overwhelming Frankfurt loss. Hopefully Kemme is back in the lineup for them, as her tough, rock steady defense might be irreplaceable. While they should be able to handle Wolfsburg frontline of Popp, Muller & Jakabfi, it's the sneaky holding mid, Kessler is so going to be their main concern; Kessler has quietly become the team's 2nd leading scorer.

Wolfsburg upcoming 3 games with Potsdam is sort of redemption for their players, cause as Big-Fil put it ever so bluntly; Neid had "discarded" several of them, have either have not returned or are just subs; Popp, Wensing, Faisst, Odebrecht, Muller & Pohlers(dunno each individual case though, maybe some just retired?). But what better way to show they still got a place on the NT than beating up on the young & beautiful(Elsig, Simic, Kemme & Hegerberg) Potsdam team?

14. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Jakabfi is injured and will miss the game. I think Kemme might miss the game too.

If I was asked few weeks ago about this game, I would have fancy Potsdam to go through. But Wolfsburg are getting to where they were last season and I can see them causing all sorts of problems for Potsdam. Its definitely a 50/50. This tie can go ET and PKs.

Pohlers has her own drama with Neid and DFB. Muller was playing with the NT and pretty much grantee a place for the EM. But in the middle of the EM qualify she decided to retire and give the young players a chance. Odebrecht's chances of making the NT are getting slimier by the day. The other ones you mentioned are still young and can redeem themselves.

15. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Fairly or not, she's certainly started going down that slippery slope.

16. Big-Fil

Big-Fil Member

Sep 10, 2008
    The fact that she became a bench warmer in WOB and still renewed her contract says a lot. Its sad though. She was so heartbroken for not making the Euro and I thought she'll fight hard to earn a place in the world cup squad. Well, if she's happy with her football life good for her I guess. :cautious:

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here are highlights of the 1st legged CL game between Potsdam vs Wolfsburg

Apparently nobody felt like it was good or important enough to post the full game replay, on-line. Looked like Wolfsburg had the closest chances to scoring. Julia Simic had the best chances for Potsdam. Wolsfburg has the home field advantage for the 2nd game, while all Potsdam has to due is score a goal and it will go through if the game is tied

Today is a big match between Frankfurt vs the rejuvenated Bayern Munich. We'll see if the Lotzen/Hagen combo can penetrate the stingiest defense in the league. Can't seem to find it being stream lined on the 'new & improved' dfb site. In fact it's now down right confusing to find anything on it!

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #418 Batfink, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Finally finished watching that particular cup semi final now, and well.... I'm not really seeing what makes Wolf so impressive..:unsure:

She's big, with a decent turn of speed over long distances too, but given the stretched nature of the game at the time of her introduction, I couldn't see anything about her individual ability, which made her stand out any more than say... Schüller.

Hey, I'm not saying Wolf couldn't be a potential U-20 sleeper hit, but you saying "she's the most underrated footballer that I've ever seen"... sounds a bit overly sensational on the back of the footage I saw; and especially when you had likely U-20 stand-outs in Leupolz, Dallmann, and Däbritz, all playing major roles within the same game for Wolf's easy comparison/assessment too.

Oh, and Kessler's UCL efforts vs Potsdam.... thumbs up.gif

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here' the full game Munich vs Frankfurt replay
    http://tv.dfb.de/video/fc-bayern-muenchen-vs-1-ffc-frankfurt/8144/
    SPOILERS below

despite missing key players in Hagen, Cross & Maier, Munich was able to dominate late in the 2nd half and get a 1-1 draw out of it, over what looked like an uninspired Frankfurt team.
    Wonder whats happened with Frankfurt these days? they don't seem to to gear up unless it's an important game, yet this was against 4th ranked Munich! Alushi took quite a few dives in desperate attempt to get a pk, Maro was once again an non factor. Sasic though, actually got some accurate shots in.The good news is that Bartusiak finally returned to the lineup about the 87th minute. Hopefully this means that Laudehr can return up front where they really need some inspiration!
    Even though they weren't that team oriented, Munich had good performances from several players who seemed to out hustle their counterparts; Lotzen, Banuch, Shone, Schaderbeck, Beckmann & a from their little Italian cb named Manieri.. But both goals came from poor gk(as they both dropped the ball)
    One sad note, possible u20 wc canditate, Romert, went down with what looked like an serious injury. Hopefully she's all right!

20. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    My report of Potsdam-Wolfsburg HERE

... and about Bayern-Frankfurt, THERE

I didn't find Bayern particularly good, far from that. Except at the end of the game, when Frankfurt became much too self-assured and a bit smug, Bayern's MF was totally overpowered by FFC's. Ando, Behringer, Maro did what they wanted. The thing is that they didn' t want a lot :unsure:, happy with the 0-1 score and thinking that as far as they kept Bayern in its own half, it will be alright, they'll always manage with Bavarians' set pieces... :rolleyes:

It was not a great game anyway, even if better than any NWSL's of course :p, but I was expecting more. In one word : Frankfurt bieliving too much in its quiet strength, and Bayern sleeping (they were so slow and unimaginative most of the time, Maier and Hagen were really missing !)...

If both teams keep playing like this, Wolfsburg will be champion because neither FFCF or Bayern won't be able to beat Potsdam, FFC will lose in WOB the very last day (and TP can lose in WOB too)....

21. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Was the NWSL dig really necessary?

22. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Be happy, I like Portland Thorns ;)

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've felt for a few weeks now, that it's actually Frankfurt who look like the more overexerted of the teams fighting for the league title...:cautious:; and this at a time both WOB and Potsdam are beginning to reach peak points of form, at the exact perfect time over a long hard season too.
    This thread is 'Bundesliga Friends (and Foes)' though..;), and Gromit isn't really alone in his opinion either, but your absolutely right. The less said about anything U.S. based around here, the better it will be for everybody's sanity...:thumbsup:

24. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I think that npbody said it yet : Sarah Romet, the young MF (19 y.o.) from Bayern, who was injured against Frankfurt, has an ACL... She will be out until next mid-season... Of course, she's out too for the U20 WC... :(

blissett repped this.
  25. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    ... and in the Rivalry Forum. The whole point as I understand it is to be able to air random flings against, and/or to have random temper tantrums about, this or that. (As long as they're relevant to the thread's subject and done in a tasteful and preferably thoughtful manner of course, including chihuahuas and even any mention of Conny Pohlers, which, really, you'd think would sink any thread into immediate disrepute.)

Romario'sgurl and blissett repped this.