Yanks Abroad: Flavors of the Week 2013-2014(R)

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by bmo180, Jan 15, 2014.

1. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Serna on for Colorado just now in case anyone is interested in watching him.

2. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This Galaxy v Whitecaps match is real sloppy. Omar is making me real nervous but Leonardo is next to him tonight so...

3. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? Vancouver has had 1 decent chance and LA has things on lockdown, leading 1-0. Omar has done nothing majorly wrong so far. (still time for his 1 brain fart/game - it's HT) LA has looked just fine - Omar/Landon included.

4. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His movement dealing with set pieces and long balls seems a little off. Nothing major he just makes me nervous watching him play. You know something is going to happen you just don't when kinda like a horror movie.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  5. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, okay. Still a good 35 minutes to go, but LA has looked good.

6. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leonardo is horrid and Gonzo just loafing back to cover for Penado on the goal. 1-1.

7. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, you can't blame Omar on that at all. AT ALL. Leonardo is awful, and no one in LA understands why he starts.

That was a standard play that Leo should take care of. He is the reason we are out of CCL. Never seen someone so terrible. Opare should be starting.

deuteronomy repped this.
  8. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Omar needs to cover for the keeper. He stopped running because he was ball watching. He needs to cut the ball watching crap out.

Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  9. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zardes needs to put in sometime with LA II.

10. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leonardo should have handled that play easily. I can't believe how awful he is. We shall agree to disagree, but good lord. Terrible.

11. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not. Even. Close. That was horrible, horrible defending by Leonardo. 100 percent on him.

Berks repped this.
  12. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Omar needs to cover for Penado he started to do it then stopped because he was ball watching and then started to run again as the ball was being shot.

So is Omar at fault for the goal? NO.

Could Omar have stopped the goal? MAYBE.

Should Omar stop ball watching? YES.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  13. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Key part of the phrase right there for me. If Leonardo had done his job - as any AYSO player could have, we wouldn't be posting this here.

14. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. It's like if Omar's in the vicinity of a goal he gets blamed for it. He has his issues (ball watching is one of them), but that goal was all Leo. So that makes 2 solid games in a row for Omar Gonzalez.

LD had another good but not great game. Starting to feel like #135 is a monkey on his back. He needs a Deuce-esque cleanser of a goal.

15. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one blamed Omar for the goal. You're so ready to defend Omar from criticism that you'll make shit up to argue about. Relax.

16. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Wil Trapp, filthy

17. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I'll call him on his crapola plays. But I'll call someone else on it when I disagree with them. In particular when it means one of our CBs actually strung 2 good games together. Hope he keeps it up because he needs to from his meh form end of last year.

Hope Besler's doing well.

18. aquablue

aquablue Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Landon looks rather slow out there tonight and I'm concerned that we are going to lack a wide strategy against the WC teams due to the lack of pace and that we are going to try to play a narrow short passing game. That is why we need Shea in there or Green to bring us that option if need be because there is no way our deliberate build up will get past such high level defenders like Pepe, etc

19. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He looks shaky as hell this season imo and he looked poor with the Nats.

aquablue repped this.
  20. aquablue

aquablue Member

Jun 30, 2009
    I agree. JAB went the full 90 today in a decent outing with Hertha. I think he deserves a look again in the send offs

21. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't disagree with that statement at all. Yup, agree.

For LA, I disagree a bit. Don't think he's been great, mind you. But now, two games of good against 2 speedy forwards. Progress.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  22. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nagbe is good but that end product is sporadic.

SPA2TACU5 repped this.
  23. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Was a good ball from Trapp to set up the equalizer, but how on earth did DC allow Jimenez to go one-on-one against Boswell? Franklin appeared to be miles out of position, which at that stage of the game is inexcusable.

24. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    That's DC United in a nutshell since last year, tactically weak (combined with not the best talent).

25. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think his speed is fine, slower than a few years ago of course, but he's still fast enough - I understand why folks were concerned from the friendly, but he's had speed in LA. It's his aggression in the final third that's still not looking great right now. Need more killer passes/killer shots from him. It's a bit like Deuce needing the goal to open the floodgates. #135 just needs to happen. He looks like he's second guessing himself in the box, playing passive up there and trying to place his shot. Sound familiar? And now the sucky part is that LA once again has a stupid bye - bad timing for both Omar and LD. They will only have 2 more games in LA before camp - against Colorado and Portland on the road. Portland's defense may be just what the doctor ordered.