Week 2 Pre/In/Post discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SiberianThunderT, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    POR-SkB halftime show consists of a camera in the face of two men in a room.
    I don't listen to these webcasts enough to really know how advanced they are :p

2. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Harris is having a great game today. Keeping her team alive

3. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [WAS-KC]
    76' 3-1 Holiday chips from 30m centerline to 22m mid-right, A-Rod outruns the pack and gets to 12m mid-right. Shot blocked by Pressley, over endline right. Replay fail perfectly occludes the ensuing ck.

Two PCs, three monitors ... but I need one for typing :D

4. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal Chicago - Johnston. 1-0

5. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goal came off a corner from DiBernardo after Bywaters forced the corner with a great shot on goal. Good to see all the young kids do well.

lunatica repped this.
  6. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow my feed must be several minutes delayed if there was a goal

7. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    81' 3-1 KC fk at 19m mid-right. Holiday ... softly chips it to drop at 7m center. She doesn't have a rocket shot now? It causes confusion, somebody misses a flick header, Harris punches it out, cleared into near touch.

8. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    holy crap my feed was like 3 minutes off

10. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [WNY-CHI]
    60' 0-1 Chicago right corner, DiBernardo chips it without much curl to 5m left post. WNY seem to have not matched up well, nobody chests up to Johnston as she backtracks. Simple jump leaning backward, header soft lob toward back right edge -- Lydia Williams gets fingertips on it, but can't change its path.

63' 0-1 Bywaters runs into traffic at 20m arc left, shoots hard left foot low and curls just wide right. She seems like a matchup problem.

11. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [WAS-KC]
    90+1' (of +4') 3-1 Screen clock (here and POR-SkB) seems to be an actual camera fixed on the fieldside scoreboard. Drawback: They omit the other part of the scoreboard that shows extra time beyond 90'. Still a few bugs in the system ...

90+3?' (of +4') 3-1 Dunn dribbles from circle back right to 25m box left, with 3 on her back like a surfer ducking under a tunnel. Finally gassed, stumbles 1-v-1 and loses ball into touch. So much for that 75' management -- they used 3 subs and she's still running.

FT 3-1.

12. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dear NWSL, Im available during the summer break if you need a film student to film these webcasts. Right now your grade is C-

13. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    I think that applies only to this game though, I expect the Chi stream to be better when they return to their home.

14. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Forgedias is NOT going to be happy about FCKC. I'm expecting a 20,000 word expose coming in the next hour

15. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [WNY-CHI]
    70' 0-1 #18 Jaqueline Santacaterina is down on her own 6-top ... stoppage to stretch out her hams.
    73' 0-1 Oh no! Live action, but the camera's still in zoom-on-injury mode! Switch the eyepiece, take out the Barlow! grumble ...

[POR-SkB]
    62' 0-1 Cross from box right foot to McDonald alone at 7m center -- she shanks the half-volley, just over the bar by cms. Not as many marquee 1-v-1 matchups in this one?

16. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do these announcers read the name pronunciations for the players? I doubt it.

17. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone else have the commentary a few seconds delayed?

18. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    They both had no idea how to pronounce her name and had to pause for like 5 secs until she said "keet" and the dude was like sure, lets roll with that

19. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [WNY-CHI]
    79' 0-1 Chicago pull off a great escape, 2-v-2 trapped at 35m left touch -- they escape, switch into space. DiBernardo goes down box right 1-v-1, cross sails a bit, Williams catches at right post waist-high.

[POR-SkB]
    69' 0-1 Sinclair turns between 2 at box top mid-left, scoops her shot high.
    70' 0-1 Portland wins a left corner ...
    71' 0-1 Portland left corner, to left post head-high, Kyle heads it over.
    71' 0-1 Portland 2nd left corner, short. Long turns at box top mid-left, shoots low to left post -- just wide left, Loyden dives and pulls it in. Hey, this league, like, gives all the big dogs some reps :D

20. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [WNY-CHI]
    83' 0-1 Did the fog roll in, or the heavens open? Looks like the 480p has gone to 240p with a smog warning ...

As expected, the speed of thought and play and basic skills are way above NCAA.

[POR-SkB]
    75'? 0-1 Something in the box, and penal! we lost the scoreboard clock

21. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    75' 1-1 Portland pk, Allie Long, simple right instep into back left edge 1/3 high (Loyden dove wrong). No replay of the infraction -- ball-to-flapping-hand? Nobody went down, so it seems not a foul ...

22. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I'd say that was a great debut for Julie Johnston. I was also impressed by DiBernardo, not just because of her assist.

23. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [WNY-CHI]
    90+?' (of +?') 0-1 And this clock graphic stops at "90:00" too :laugh: Man, wide-field shots really look like fog.

[POR-SkB]
    82' 1-1 SBFC #11 Maya Hayes down in pain at 27m arc left ... gets up and limps around. Sky Blue fk into box, headed way high as bodies tumble on the 6. Angerer jumps high to catch, lands on one foot dangerously close to four prone legs. All safe, whew.

85' 1-1 Portland up left touch, roll through box top mid-left but Sinclair offside.

24. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was so annoying. I'd be slightly less annoyed by something so minor if the Flash had at least drawn, but I guess them losing just added to the annoyance factor. And they were on the road, so I'll let it pass for now. Now if Guiliano is calling the game against Portland and he gets it wrong, I will flip out.

25. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #100 Gilmoy, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    87' 1-1 O'Hara shoots from 20m mid-right to right post low, Angerer dives and bobbles it to herself.

90+2'? (of +3') 1-1 Sky Blue right corner, cleared out. 2nd chip bobbled around -- handball? Penalty!

90+3'? (of +3') 1-1 Sky Blue pk, O'Hara right instep wide left low.

FT 1-1.