Official 2014 Nadeshiko Japan Thread [R] - なでしこジャパン(英語スレッド)

Discussion in 'Japan' started by blissett, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Maybe little Asano could be the solution for Postdam? :giggle:

2. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Asano will come in in a second after 70' :)

3. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And result was...?

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #4054 blissett, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Wow, both semi-finals of UEFA Women's Champions' League ended 0-0... o_O I didn't watch the matches: were they good games, or the fear-to-lose was the winner today?

Meanwhile, talking about Champions' League, we can see some goals at least in the following videos, although, alas, is against our beloved Nadeshikos... I am not sure we had ever had the chance to rewatch the previous UWCL's round, from about a month ago; if everyone had already seen that, I am sorry and I apologize.
    There are 3-4 decent chances from Ohno, but she couldn't frame her shots in goals or had a good answer by opponent GK; I am afraid Kinga is to blame for Birmingham 1st goal in the 2nd leg match... :unsure:

5. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    It was impossible to watch Birmingham-Tyresö (unless being in the stadium...). Tyresö dominated the game but BCL was heroic in defense and super-well organized. Great result for the English game !

Turbine-VfL was a great game, full of dedication, rythm, speed, technique and opportunities. Some 0-0 are much better than some 3-3. This one is a good example. The draw is very fair and the second leg is full of high hopes for both teams and... the spectators (saturday 26th, Eurosport, 5.15 european time).

Asano played 20 minutes, she was quite good and delivered an excellent cross from the left for Simic who shot wide.
    Best player of the game : Nadine Keßler, who was just... gigantic !

I'll post a link to my article on the SF as soon as it is published on Foot d'Elles. Revise your French in the meantime ;)

blissett repped this.
  6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Oh well, it's already published.... So HERE it is... :)

7. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Saki has just scored a... PK in Soyaux ! :eek::p
    That must be the second of her whole life... Can't remember which one was the first....................... o_O
    It's a D1 game and Lyon is leading 0-5 after something like 75'.

blissett repped this.
  8. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    According to FullBloom: "Nakada Maiko made her first appearance today for Belle since September 14th 2008 (a 2-0 win over Niigata)."
    And here is the moment itself: 337.png By the way, the player she replaced is Miki Asano the former Osaka sub, who in face, body and play looks a lot to me like Nakada, except she is younger and excitingly fast and seemed to add a dimension that Belle didnt have before.
    Of course Nakada's first play had to be this tackle on Nakade: 339.png Both were fine: 338.png

Let me add a comment on Ayu Nakade: she has been ridiculed for her looks, fame, etc, but her substitution almost stole the game for INAC today. When the highlights come out, you will see why. She was a fresk sub OK, but she seems to be a more effective player than TanaYo, possibly equal to Kyokawa and Masuyu (sp?).

#5nadeshikofan repped this.
  9. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Sorry, she is also Nakada, and I was a little surprised at her growth as both a player and a woman. She looks very cool now.
    Correction: Masuyu - Masuya

I watched Belle's game for the first time this season.
    Its DF line (Fushiki, Kado, Hosokawa, Mizushima) may be weak, but the weakness was not so apparant because Inac rarely used long balls behind them.
    Belle's high pressure prevented Inac's smooth combination. They have some experienced players at front and midfield.
    Taneda might be setting well its limited players.

blissett and mumf repped this.
  10. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Belle vs Inac highlight:

blissett, ndsk120, zaku_II and 2 others repped this.
  11. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    "looks like" indeed. Here is Kyokawa scoring: 336.png Well you will also see all this when highlights come out, but it is Takase who has slid the ball past GK Miho. But what led to that is a truly horribly off-side, not called by the umpire: 335.png And this is the moment Masuyu (left, at sideline) plays the ball forward - at the extreme right you can see that Takase is a mile offside: 334.png
    Well by now you can imagine that my happiness is diluted a bit, because as UnePomme says INAC were mostly played off the pitch, and not for the first time v Belle, benefitted from the mistakes of the officials. I dont seem to have permission to share this game, and I will ask my source why, but it was scintillating open play. The goal by Arimachi was utterly brilliant, but dont take my biased word, wait until you see it.

One word about INAC - there was no sign of Sawa, who must have an injury. She seemed to be sorely missed as Belle steamrolled in MF, and only the new DFs (and Junko Kai) kept Belle at bay, who had near misses throughout the game. Still in the end, 3 subs - Nakade, Isokane and that Tokiwagi girl (Miki H?) revised INAC and GK Miho had be produce her best stuff in a long time to keep INAC out in a rather breathtaking last 15 minutes.

All in all though, Belle and Miyama must be disappointed not to have the 3 points; on the other hand, they have such a dynamic team now, even with these rejects and no-name players (at least to me), they look to me as though they can be a top-half team. Their back-line has a few slow and suspect players, (their #17 and 19 in particular), but Kado was brilliant, including missing a couple of goals (headers from CKs and FKs) by literally inches, and the others pressed the INAC FWs and MFs for most of the game so that they couldnt turn around and attack them with speed. Nakano dribbled past INAC into the PK box several times, and Arimachi really should get into the AFC camp. In addition Matsuoka showed that she is more than just a striker, which is an improvement in my eyes, and she was also desperately close (headers inches over, and smashed on shot off the post) - my regret about her is that if she had scored today she would have continued the only "streak" as she had scored in every game so far.

Edit - and of course, UnePomme posts the highlights (what time in the middle of the night is it over there?!) which could have spared this board about half of my long postings... especially seeing as I will never get similar names correct.....

And G and Lechus7 repped this.
  12. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's games:

Vegalta vs Saitama 13:00
    Urawa vs Kibi 13:00
    Iga vs Beleza 13:00

Challenge League
    Tokiwagi vs Nagano 11:00
    Harima vs Shimizu 11:00
    Takatsuki vs Bunnys 13:00
    Ange Violet vs Cerezo 13:00
    Anclas vs Ehime 13:00
    Setagaya vs JSCL 13:00
    Shizuoka vs JFA 13:00

Lechus7 repped this.
  13. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    for those who want to watch Nanase Kiryu playing at the moment with Sky Blue against Portland Thorns (with Sinclair and Angerer), it's here :

blissett and NoDefense repped this.
  14. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think it's more appropriate to mention Rebecca Moros on Portland side than those two on this thread. ;)

Kiryu's having a better game than last one, it seems.

blissett repped this.
  15. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Classic. They've got the count down to the second half. :x3:

16. hirohiro

hirohiro Member+

Dec 29, 2011
    Brighton, UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It looks like Kiryu is out. She had a couple of good moments but overall quiet. A bit sorry for her though. Every time she makes a short pass and she obviously wants the ball back but the ball never comes back. I guess, like it or not, she has to realize she's not playing for Beleza...

blissett and unepomme repped this.
  17. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Indeed, Kyokawa's shot hit the post and Takase pushed it over the line.

18. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result (1)

Challenge League

Tokiwagi 3-1 Nagano
    Shiraki (11) Sugihara (88, 92)
    Yokoyama (15)

Harima 1-0 Shimizu
    Fujimoto (59)

19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I didn't care to watch the full game... Who scored the two goals for the 1-1 draw?

I don't remember: did Portland Thorns win the WSL last season? Or what club did?

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, it seems obvious to me that, win or lose, Yokoyama will be a goal machine in this year's Challenge League; just a player from a different category...

Well, it looks like Harima Albion don't make difference: they always win by 1-0, be it away wins vs good teams (Tokiwagi, JFA) or home wins vs rejects of the league (Shimizu Daiachi Pleiades)! :laugh:
    But they keep winning. o_O 3 wins out of 3 is quite impressing, in this apparently quite balanced Challenge League we have this year. Nittaidai also made that?

21. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It seems the other way around to me... o_O

#11 Takase shot from the wide left side, the ball went round Fukumoto, hit the post and bounced back along the line... I don't think it had ever entirely crossed the line and I don't think it would have, if #14 Kyokawa hadn't deflected it (full-willingly or not) into Belle's net. I can't see how this goal shouldn't be credited to Kyokawa...

I don't like how you make it sound like it was an horrible rip-off and like Nadeshiko League is not a fair league. I don't see it this way at all.
    First of all, I am not so persuaded that it was a wrong call: in your caption the ball has been already kicked by Masuya's foot (you can clearly see it by the way her leg is fully extended and by the way the ball looks "deformed") and anyway Takase's feet "could" still be in line with Belle's #4's ones (I remind you that, if I am not wrong, just a partial "overlapping" by the two players is enough for the attacking one to be called on-side). After rewatching it a pair of times in the video, I dare to say that, in the moment Masuya hits the ball (just a split second before your caption) Takase looks even more clearly on-side.
    And anyway, be Takase on-side or not, it was anyway a very close call: I can understand bias, but you make it sound like it was a deliberate way to advantage INAC, and I don't accept that. We're not talking crystal-clear handballs in the box during olympic filnals. At worst, it was a very close call that went wrong for a question of inches. But I still think Takase could have been on-side and I claim my opinion is legit, it's not like she was off-side by "a mile" as you exaggerate it.
    And anyway, I am not ok with the way you depict Nadeshiko League as a corrupted league with conspiracy theories to favour INAC in all ways. I don't see it that way at all.

Disclaimer: I don't mean in any way being dragged in any kind of discussion. I've said my opinion about this off-side call, it's not likely to change (unless I get different and clearer video-highlights) and I don't need to "prove" anything. People don't need to "ask permission" to express their opinion and I hope in particular I can contradict a mumf's opinion, without making it sound like a lese-majesty or having to drag that along a dozen of posts. I've said what I had to say and for me discussion about this subject ends right here.

Gromit06, And G, hirohiro and 1 other person repped this.
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Although it was a Belle's home match, it doesn't seem the usual Mimasaka's stadium to me... o_O They changed the venue, because they felt Belle's stadium wasn't big enough for the expected INAC's crowd?

23. #5nadeshikofan

#5nadeshikofan Member+

May 26, 2012
    Plymouth, Michigan, USA
    Club:
    Vegalta Sendai
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In the meantime...
    Sendai 1 (Uetsuji) - Saitama 0
    Urawa 3 - Charme 0
    Konoichi 1 - Beleza 1

24. unepomme

unepomme Member+

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Today's result (2)

Challenge League

Takatsuki 5-0 Bunnys
    Ange Violet 4-2 Cerezo
    Anclas 0-2 Ehime
    Setagaya 4-1 JSCL
    Shizuoka 1-2 JFA

Kitagawa Hikaru and Okuma Rana scored for JFA.
    Okuma seems to have returned to a FW.

25. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    It was offside, although by half a yard at most. A tenth of a second earlier Takase was still onside. Difficult call.

[​IMG]

Two absolute world class saves from Fukumoto shown in those highlights, and Kado is really dangerous. I'm definitely going to watch the full game once it's available on Nadeshiko TV.

unepomme and blissett repped this.