Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players 2013-2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    I don't know how he took it, but if CR is going to approach Messi and engage in discourse with him, i can't imagine Messi not reacting that exact same way.

I feel awful for TaTa, who will not make it past this year. Whoever takes control of that BlauGrana ship better know how to fu(king swim...

2. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you think if Barcelona wins the league, does that save Martino's job?

@cigar_city

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    League is not over though. If Tata somehow manage to find his team rhythm, its still possible to win the league although its certainly depend on the other 2 teams result... but Atletico Madrid and Real madrid must not drop any point in order to prevent Barca from winning it. In fact Real madrid cant afford to drop a single point while Atletico still has a game at Camp Nou and both of them will have a midweek game against Chelsea and Bayern.

Its sad that these days, you'll get fired when you manage a big team and fail to get thropy for one season. Except for Wenger who will accomplish something spectacular for Arsenal in 2015, thropyless for 10 years.

cigar_city repped this.
  4. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Martino will be our next coach I should think. As for the jibe at Arsenal at least they are financially solvent and not spending money they don't have eyeballs in debt or have the help of the government.

I hope Atletico win it after all the Old Firm starve the other clubs into submission season after season.

Forgive me for being cynical I wonder if Cristina would be so obliging if Real had lost.

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Venezuela are also interested in Tata. He will find no problem finding another job.

You had asked about Lucas Romero, I have mentioned him before, he is a really talented player and one to look out for, but coming in as a starter right away for the WC, I am not so sure, maybe down the road. As for CR7, nah, I doubt he would be so friendly with Messi had they lost but that is the nature of the sport.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its obvious Barcelona was just way out of Tata's league. He's a great coach for team's like Newell's or Paraguay, but Barcelona was too big for him and he had no knowledge of the European game.

Tata is a great guy, seems like a nice person, but he doesn't have the personality to manage a team where most players have won everything including World Cup and European Championships with Spain.

I remember when Heinze came to Newell's and Martino said "It will be hard for me to tell a player of Heinze's quality what to do." Yes, he was talking about HEINZE. Imagine what it was like to try and give instructions to Xavi and Iniesta after being intimidated by Heinze

I notice alot of people on this board defend Tata, but in the few Barcelona games I've seen he has been completely out matched. I mean, in the Granada match he only made 2 subs, took off Iniesta, and left Xavi on the bench. I don't know how any coach could be so stupid.

Obviously, Barcelona needs to rebuild. They need a new goalie, new defenders, and they need to revitalize an aging midfield, but Tata was a complete failure, and I don't by the fact that just because he is Argentine we should defend him.

Remember, Tata as Paraguay coach made a copa america final without winning a match, and at the world cup, his side managed just 3 goals the whole tournament and could only win 1 of 5 games, even if they did give a good game to Spain.

At Newell's it was different. There, he is a legend and is comfortable. If not a Newell's, Tata needs to coach a team with a low profile. Nothing against him as a person, but he's not equipped to handle big teams. I think he would be a disaster as Argentina manager.

locoxriver repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I won't be too worried if Tata is the manager. He did great early in the season, set the record for best start by a FCB manager for La Liga if I am not mistaken. Kept the team clicking when Messi went down, Alexis was on fire. It took 3 games to really sign and deliver his faith at Bathalona. Those games were huge, because it settled the CL, La Liga(All but) and CdR, but every manager has had a game that defined a season, for Tata, those games came quick and ended sourly for the team and their fans.

As for him being a future manager of the NT, I have said it before and said it again, I will take Tata as the manager. The issue of him not being able to score goals with Paraguay, that won't be an issue with us, because they do not have the talented we have. You can say, FCB has the talent but was not used. Every new manager looks back at what the former manager has done and single out the strength of their tenure, what was the most prospering aspect that the team showed. I believe, he will continue to use, Messi,Kun Pipita and Angel. We have a much better set of attackers than FCB, even if they use, Messi,Alexis and Neymar at once, I would still take, Messi,Kun and Pipita and day of the year. I also believe the defense will tighten up, and even a GK change would be in the horizon.

I think the NT will be in good hands, but now the issue will be, will they give it to him, because this will give the papers,media and people something to complain about, giving the job to a failure at FCB. And at the first slip-up, people will flood in with their complaints. But again, that is the nature of the sport.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Moishe, tatoRMN and Pipiolo repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am sure if Icardi goes to Atlético Madrid, Cholo will give him a good kick in the pants.

Icardi is love sprung. He feels, that stars must of been aligned that he met Wanda, because he went to Samp, were he met Maxi, and met his wife. What if he never left Barcelona!?!!! It must be fate they met! No other reason! Right?

[​IMG]

locoxriver repped this.
  10. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Terrible incident and Icardi does come across as a first-rate douchebag. Having said that, it's not all his fault - it's 2014, high time for women to accept their share of the blame too. Also, it appears that Maxi Lopez was cheating on her while married as well, so he's not exactly unblemished.

Icardi should not show such disrespect to the Sampdoria fans though, until he shows a lot more maturity and humility he has no place in the NT.

cigar_city and locoxriver repped this.
  11. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sad face, because I think when person does such things and at least isn't ashamed of it, is or an idiot or an asshole. I wouldn't be happy to see in NT neither of them. In spite he is really very talented and could be our #9 on next WC, I'm sceptic about his professional future. His behavior generally (not only the episode with Maxi and his wife) reminds me lot Adriano (ex Inter FWD)...

12. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Icardi es un hijo de puta, no entiendo como Maxi López no lo fue a quebrar durante el partido pasado...

Nadie se lo hubiera reprochado. Es más, lo hubieran aplaudido.

RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    De Rossi idolo!!! :D:D

Pipiolo repped this.
  14. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unfortunately I don't understand Spanish, but everything is clear :)

cigar_city and Sandinista repped this.
  15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi now has 39 goals in 39 starts this season, and that according to his critics is a terrible season for him.

16. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Struggling to score? time to pulled some Diego trick again :D

1:51

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    12 assists this year alone , 4 hattrick this season. Missing 6 weeks in total.

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we go on form, and not Sabella's irrational decisions, this guy would be between the sticks in Brasil.

[​IMG]

20. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Errr...no. Orion, Caballero, Saja and Barovero should all be considered in front of him. Chichizola has played less than six competitive matches this year, by the way.

21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL you're telling me? I'm a river plate season ticket holder, you think i don't know chichizola's stats?

You probably haven't even seen chichizola play ever! You probably haven't seen Orion or Saja either if you're calling for them in the national team. They're both having laughably bad season. As is Barovero BTW. He cost us against Colon and Belgrano.

Chichizola is playing at the level of Casillas and Buffon.

22. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Orion is a proven tournament performer, this is important. That's why Abbondanzieri has been Argentina's best keeper at the WC since Goycoechea, someone who knows how to get far in tournament play.

By the way, weren't you the same guy that four years ago was calling for Carrizo to start in South Africa?

cigar_city repped this.
  23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1149 Rattlehead, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Zabaleta, Aguero, Demichellis scored all City's goal. Its important for Kun to get back his rhythm after a month absent. He hasnt looks sharp in previous match.

[​IMG]

24. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Just thinking, what r our options at CM if Gago can't go and Banega still underperforms? From the local league?

How is H.Canteros doing?