Mes que un sporting project - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    And with Man City with a game in hand.

Lyra repped this.
  2. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    You obviously fail to remember how he netralised Barcelona and Bayern in midfield when Chelsea won the Champions League. He has more brains than both, rarely loses the ball, is a vastly superior passers of the ball and adds composure and tactical sense to the midfield. Mikel may not add much attackingwise, but he is vastly underrated for his impact.

And he is several levels ahead of both Luiz and Ramires. Not to mention the last two are headless chickens / disasters waiting to happen. At the moment Chelsea have no holding midfielder that can play in the CL and is better than him. Much like Toure: Underrated because he's African.

3. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
  4. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    gus did da mou dirtyyyyyyyyyyyyy

when the commentator said that sunderland could equalize... i knew something was bound to happen

but tey should have gotten the win at citeh

cheesy squads

ateltico gunna pound that vageen

5. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it was two yeas ago. they all are quite bad, don't even compare player like Yaya vs Mikel. it's insult i guess for Toure :)

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Now that is just a silly comment and it even plays into my point perfectly. He was replaced at barca not because busquets was better, but because busquets was Catalan.

Had Yaya Toure been born Catalan there is no way they would have dumped him out.

Why should he? You used a bad example, yet you demand he use a better one? It isn't his fault you're taking things so literally and only a short-sighted person (or one who defends such bigotry) would not see his the value of the point he was attempting to make.

7. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Albert Riera scored fot Watford today

blast from the past!

8. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Had Toure been Catalan, Busquets still would have worked better in Barça's system. That doesn't mean he's not a great player in his position, nor does it mean that Zlatan isn't a great striker because he also didn't fit into their system. Since he's a great player, he didn't want to be 2nd choice to a player who works better in Barça's system and thus would be the starter, and left for the team who gave him an even bigger salary.

And you say one shouldn't take his example of Messi too literal, while if you don't take it literal he has no point at all. How many defensive midfielders have a huge following?

Eto'o is African and he was within the top 5 of best paid players (which includes his sponsors and image rights) even at Barcelona I believe. The difference that Eto'o is a striker. Drogba is known around the world, he's an African, but he's a striker. Defensive players usually don't get a lot of fanfare.

LosMerengues89 repped this.
  9. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mourinho would have won too if it wasn't for that pesky ref. Again!

10. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How great is Jozy Altidore.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yes and Cesc doesn't work at all in their system but look who they paid millions to bring in? You know damn well his exit had nothing to do with how he fit (as if anyone complained at the time, he was doing a good job) and everything to do with the fact he was not Catalan, he was not from their precious la masia and busquets was favored to take his position without even competing for it simply because where his father was from (who by the way was a legacy of barca).

He has a point, he isn't playing DM and besides there are many DM's and CM's with huge followings who get recognition and big endorsements. We have one on our team Hugo Boss spokesman Xabi Alonso.

He became a best paid player in Russia and that was mainly due to his exorbitant contract not any endorsement deals. If so please tell me which endorsements and how much?

Lastly, Yaya Toure is not a defensive player. He is a center midfielder and a very aggressive attacking force. I don't even know how that is being said at this point.

Serengeti_Boy and zahzah repped this.
  12. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    cant we just agree that basuralona was shit from the start

from the doping to cheating and paying off refs, its always going to be tainted with it

13. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Are you saying that Busquets wasn't a better fit than Toure in Barça's system at the time? Because your message here is basically saying it, but I want it to be clear so that when I say you are wrong and Busquets was most definitily a better fit in their system that I don't get a "where did I say that?" in return. :p

Busquets worked better for them. Add in a player who wants to play first team football, and who can make 99 times his current contract at City, equals Toure in Manchester.

I'm pretty sure the people who know Xabi Alonso also know Toure. Ask people here in Holland who Xabi Alonso is and they won't know it either, while if you would say Ronaldo......maybe Xabi has a bit of African in him.

He's Puma's main star. He was one of the main shirt sellers at Barça. Even the fact that a Russian team would make him the pretty much the best paid player in the world already shows he's pretty well known in Europe wouldn't you say?

4x4s repped this.
  14. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Really like Poyet as a person so I'm happy to see him doing well, hopefully he can keep them up.

anticule repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It was a brutal dive though, if Neymar would've done that, the forum would've been doing backflips in anger.

16. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sure he dives a lot which pisses the ******** outta everyone but he seems like a good kid with a good attitude. His style of football would have fit the Real Madrid system as it is more free flowing.

17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude Azpilicueta was absolutely no where near the ball, he only touched Jozy

MadridFan22304 and Lyra repped this.
  18. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    That was no dive. Altidore had his leg pulled out from under him. Different matter is that Altidore's clumsiness was as much to blame for this as Azpi's

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  19. Karthik

Karthik Member

Jun 23, 2007
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

CivilProtection repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He was a green kid who was attempting to get his feet under him. Did he? Yes. However at the time Toure was doing well in the position and effective. They sold him off quickly to get rid of him so busquets wouldn't have competition and not because you busquets fit their system.

As I said busquets was a catalan legacy player from la masia. Him taking over that position was inevitable.

I'm also pretty sure those same people (who we don't know, actually know Toure, but we all know, know Xabi) didn't pick Toure to represent them. Also this isn't a question of if some people won't know a player, that again is inevitable. Some Americans don't know who the hell messi or Cristiano is. That doesn't mean you can use that to support your point.

Puma's main star? Bring me endorsement amounts as evidence supporting that. I also never said he wasn't known. My point is that because he is African and not say English his profile is lesser and he suffers from that.

I used an example when retorting @4x4s. If Cristiano was Spanish, don't you believe people would think he was even better? Would his profile be even bigger? I know you would have loved him from the start.

I just don't get how we can all make jokes (in the past) about adding things like "inho" to names because Brazilian players are looked at as pricey/special however when I increase the scope of the discussion all of a sudden it isn't feasible.

21. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Didn't you just earlier say that Toure is not a defensive midfielder? Which pretty much already shows he would not fit Barça's system in Busquets' position if you think about it even a little. Busquets fit the team better. You can make up all kind of excuses, won't change it.

WTF are you talking about? That is exactly what this is about. We are discussing what Toure said, not some argument you made up along the way.

If you lived in Europe you might have known the only commecrials of Puma basically only featured Eto'o at the time. If you want proof, go move to Europe. Or look at the list with best paid players and note that Eto'o was pretty much leading the list when he was in Russia. Damn, did all that money hurt his profile or what. :D

Should I ask for proof for your unprovable opinion? Or should I simply ask which Spanish player has a bigger profile than Ronaldo now and completely throw your point in the garbage because the answer is none. When's the last time a Spanish player won the Golden Boot? Seriously.

4x4s repped this.
  22. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Toure left because he wasn't replacing Xavi in their system as that is his best position.

They could get big money for someone who isn't a deep sitting DM ( like Busquets is ), and someone who isnt going to put Xavi on the bench.

23. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    They could sure as hell use Toure to put Xavi on the bench right now... Toure is obviously the better player now.

WhiteBlood repped this.
  24. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Average at very best.

sleepyvato50, Eddie and 4x4s repped this.