Korea National League and Challengers League Foreigner rules

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Squex, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Squex

Squex Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I remember that some years ago Korea National League didnt accept foreigners, but I think this changed some years ago and now they are allowing teams to use foreigners in Korea National League is this correct?

What about Challengers League did any change happened or foreigners are still not allowed?

2. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I believe National League allows foreign players. There's been a few foreign players on some teams.

I'm not sure about the Challengers league. Even if they did allow it, I doubt it would make much sense financially to scout out and sign foreign players.

3. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah i'm pretty sure they accept foreigner. I've read about 2 players from east timor joining Jeonju Citizen.

Are you coming here to teach English? Challengers league is amateur so you can play part time. National league is a different story.

4. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Umm, all players even in the Challengers league have played professionally at one time or have youth experience (university/high school team, etc). If you are interested, you might get better advice at rokfootball.com

5. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm expecting our friend has some expeience as well. It's not that hard to join up and train with them. My barber played there with only university experience.

6. Squex

Squex Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Club:
    Fenerbahce SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thank you all for the answer.
    I am going to search about the 2 players from east timor who joined Jeonju Citizen and if I find anything I will post in here

7. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Here you go.

As Chorok said you might wanna go ask the expat community at rokfootball.com.