2014 Dallas Cup Results and Discussion

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sup Bro, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Peter Bonetti

Peter Bonetti Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    1970 WC Quarterfinal
    I have seen Dainkeh level off for the last couple of years. I'm not saying that he won't continue to improve, just that, for about two years, he hasn't seemed to get much better. That is tough when everybody else is getting better. You become worse in comparison. Hopefully his development is cyclical and this period will be followed by a burst of improvement. You just never know with kids.

2. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hasn't looked good at all the past few times I've seen him. Bad fouls, bad positioning, and poor on the ball.

3. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Dainkeh seemed to have a pretty good freshman year for Maryland as an athletic center back. Obviously, that's a different role from the one he's played for our YNTs.

4. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    The main reason Gall loses the ball so much is his lack of pace and physicality. He combines slow thoughts with slow movements. I don't know where you get his pace and creativity. Trying to overdribble and not use simple touches gets him in trouble. He allows people to get close to him. Suprised we have almost opposite views of his play. He simply did not look good.

5. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    He played CB the other day.

6. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Amick is this cycle's Torre. He struggles moving simply put. I would also put Requejo for level too high. He has to play near perfection to match the opponents with no margin for error.

USAMEX10 repped this.
  7. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Not sure if I agree with your assessment on Requejo but i do believe he is our best option at left back going forward, to date.

8. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    With the full team available Acosta is by far best LB in this age group.

Pl@ymaker and passion4playing repped this.
  9. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    If given a fair opportunity to compete i think Tommy Thompson should start over both of these players for the record.

Pl@ymaker, Werdman89 and USAMEX10 repped this.
  10. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    with the full group who would be the starting def, mid? iyo?

11. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I haven't seen him compete at any truly competitive level. I'm all for it. The more the merrier. He was good at Indiana but this is a whole different level.

12. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He supposed to be back in 1 or weeks..

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I'm hoping Canhouse and Delgado can hold down the DM with Acosta at LB. Truth be told I haven't seen Canhouse beyond highlight tapes. But I really think Delgado is underrated. Like his simple composed play. Now that I've seen Gooch he could possibly be a good DM. Built like a Brick house, strong, alot of heart. I just don't want huge holes at any position and feel we'd be leaving LB as a huge downgrade if we left Requiejo there.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  14. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    I agree with you on Delgado he is an underrated player. I believe Galaxies def. mid deserves a call up. he was very solid against Chivas.

15. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    respect.

16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I'm drawing a blank. Who is Galaxy DM this age? Oh speaking of Galaxy talent finally saw Bradford Jamieson vs Chivas at Dallas Cup. He is really good. Long lean, fast, very good ball skills. I like filling the funnel with talent.

17. shadrach

shadrach Goldenchild

Jan 19, 2002
    quit being nosy...
    Well that Gall hasn't shown up. The Gall I've seen in Dallas has shown little creativity and even less work rate to win the ball back after he's turned it over. I also haven't seen any speed from him. Maybe he's having a bad tournament but the Gall you describe is MIA

18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Is Requejo similar to Ocegueda?

19. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    They're very similar in my mind. Ocegueda is slightly better passing through traffic but both offer very little going forward. Just dawned on me is Serna in this group. I wouldn't mind him as a LB if Acosta stays at DM. Ocegueda seemed to have some filling out to do, I want to see him alittle more physically mature before making any final opinions on him.

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think Serna is age eligible for the U-20 WC next year.

21. shadrach

shadrach Goldenchild

Jan 19, 2002
    quit being nosy...
    I think he is referring to Elijah Martin. He had a decent tournament for the Galaxy. BJ and McBean were the difference makers but Elijah and one of the CBs (kinda short and stocky...don't recall his name but I think it was Latino in origin) were solid. Don't think he's an upgrade for any of the DMs on the U20 Dallas Cup roster at this time. Thought he did a good job for the Galaxy in the 2 games I saw him play though.

SUDano repped this.
  22. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Heck, Acosta might be our best player at every position but Goalie and forward.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  23. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Probably was Jeffrey Quezada. He was part of the mass exodus of Chivas academy players that followed Mike Munoz to the Galaxy.

He was reportedly offered a GII contract but turned it down to enroll at UC Santa Barbara this fall.

24. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Martin is scheduled to graduate HS shortly but appears to be uncommitted. Will be interesting to see what he does next.

25. passion4playing

Nov 6, 2009
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Sorto, Ryo, Elijah,villareal, BJ played well. Mc Bean???????????????? Elijah is a huge upgrade at that position. My sources tell me that he recently returned from a very successful trip from Italy two days before the Dallas Cup began. Considering jet lag and apparently being there for close to a month, he played 90 minutes in all 3 games with tired legs I thought he did extremely well. The same source has said that they plan on bringing him back with the intentions of offering him a contract when he turns 18.