BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It is still some time away. If we can keep contending for the BL title, making the CL, and having decent runs in the CL, it will happen.

Of course, the club will have to continue to raise wages too. Not to a crazy amount, but they have to pay more.

2. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    We've had this conversation many times here on BS. Not many teams can afford to keep their key players. It takes tons of money to do this. Only the top teams can do this.

3. ImH4J

ImH4J New Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Denmark
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Would a player like Viktor Fischer - Ajax not fit at Dortmund? I mean he's young, huge talent and i'm sure Klopp wouldn't mind developing him into a fantastic player?

Now i'm not a Dortmund fan myself but when i look at Dortmund i think talents, developing talents, i'm gonna list a few players i would like your opinions on :)

Memphis Depay - PSV
    Juan Cuadrado - Fiorentina
    Axel Witsel - Zenit
    Stephan El Shaarawy - Milan
    Balde Diao Keita - Lazio
    Moussa Dembélé - Spurs

These players are either big talents, or established players who i belive fit the way Dortmund and Klopps likes to play. I'm a bit worried about how much Dembélé fits, but i belive that he fits the Bundesliga quite well, due to his body strength, and the fact that he's a great all arounder.

4. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Fischer is a bit overrated, I live in Holland and the kid's got potential but nothing special at the moment. Too inconsistent and bad decision-making.

5. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    None of them fits BvB budget

Cuadrado is being rumoured for over 30m, Witsel went to Zenit for a huge chunk or money and probably making a killing, Sharawy is one of Italian football hopes which would want to make him desired by top Italian teams and very injury prone. Dembele from Spurs wont come cheap either

6. ImH4J

ImH4J New Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Denmark
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    I don't think Depay would cost that much, he is very similar to Reus and i belive that he could reach Reus level if he just gets the right manager. Keita i like a lot, nice strenght and players in a country where his technique only will improve.

Depay i guess would cost around 7,5 to 10 million £ which is a nice price considering his talent, and the fact that he has everything you want in a winger, and even more!

Keita i guess the same, and maybe even less but he like Depay also has everything you want in a winger, and more. I'm guessing 6 to 9 million £.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think it's a bit more than just contending. We have to wrestle the title away from Bayern in 2 years if not next. With Robbery another year older this is our chance....especially if Kroos and Muller leave.

And we want players to dream about playing for Dortmund we need steady semi final appearances in the CL perennially. The money and brand recognition that comes with it will attract Neymar type sensations (not that I want him in our squad in particular). I don't think this is unlikely if we can keep Reus and Hummels for another year, a stellar year from Miki and everybody else chiming in more often than necessary.

8. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    Hummels....i think is the one with the least chance of leaving. He seems to have a lot of reasons to be at bvb. I don't put him and reus the same category.

9. FaceLess

FaceLess Red Card

Mar 19, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Dortmund doesn't and wont in the near future possess the depth to steal the league title from Bayern but Tournament is up for grabs.

10. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Do you people realise we will start "from scratch" again next season? We will start the season with everyone being healthy, even without any transfers we will get Kuba, Bender, Gundogan, Schmelzer and Subotic back and running! Add to that Piszczek in better form and Miki playing up to his potential. We will have depth, real depth!

We have really much to look forward to next season, even without making any transfers we will be very, very strong!... But the transfers will be there and that's another thing that excites me.

Big things will happen for Dortmund in the coming years. :cool:

11. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's highly debatable. Our early season troubles were caused because Miki needed time to adjust to a new league and team. Our injury issues caused our season to get derailed. If we have Gundogan back on form next season there's no reason why we cannot sustain league dominance.

A lot of those player's from Bayern's first team who comprise of their depth are beyond their prime. I am also not sure if Pep can motivate this team that has won everything. If he had trouble doing that at Barcelona, he is more likely to have the same at Bayern where players don't quite behave like "school boys".

When it comes to winning the league title I am not saying that Bayern won't win but there are lots of reasons why Dortmund should. We did it 2 years in a row, we can do it again.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am not convinced that we will be getting more players but if you add Ji and Ramos that IS sufficient depth to rotate and keep better than half decent quality for cup ties, on the bench and in the domestic cup. If we do end up getting Volland, Kagawa and Ginter that would be simply awesome.

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we are getting players in the summer, I'd be completely okay with getting Jojic type players - cheap, talented and with a lot of upside.

14. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't see anyone other Bayern winning the Buli for the next few years. We shouldn't get carried away, the team has had some good results this year, but at the same time they have played horribly against some really crap opposition.

footyfan1 repped this.
  15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We aren't on Bayern's level even if fully healthy. The Lewandowski loss will still need to be addressed by serious uptick in players' performance levels to even break even with where we were this season.

Nick (SATVLog) repped this.
  16. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Yep, I think we'll go through some rough times during the post Lewandowski era. Losing a world class player and get a replacement in Adrian Ramos isn't encouraging at all.

Midfielders will have to score more. I'm still pissed off sometimes. Like Keith said, Watzke&co are really annoying with their fuc**** sacred financial plan.

On the long term you can't hope that you'll get more with less. Some bad decisions, some bad luck and sooner or later you get fuc*** up.

17. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Your team's current spell of games should give you guys confidence going into the next season, especially Mkhitaryan's development is very promising. You also have considerable chances to win the dfb cup final against Bayern München given our total lack of form and Thiago's injury.

If Drmic follows Ramos you'll have two extraordinarily gifted strikers to replace Lewandowski, you might not even miss the Pole with those two competing for the spot in the starting line-up. Drmic's ceiling might just be as high as the next leading Bundesliga goalscorer. After all it's not easy scoring 16 goals for Nürnberg where he played half the games on the right wing. He'd also be an excellent competitor for Kuba and Aubemeyang on the right while Ginter would cover central defensive midfield.

Winning the championship against Bayern München will be very hard, but maybe we'll struggle a lot next season. Robben and Ribéry are getting older, Götze has not yet found his place, Shaqiri is not on their level while Guardiola has to find places for star players who don't fit his idea of football 100%

When you guys manage to forge a powerful collective like in 2011/12 or the year before, then you can close the gap to a Bayern team which is still searching for the right balance.

vinontop and LoewenBoy repped this.
  18. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Here is my opinion. What happened to Dortmund was a very quick and unexpected raise to heights where they don't belong yet, where they don't have the needs to stay. Little by little they can get to the point where they can offer bigger wages and keep their best players, but this is hard to do now.

19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And how would we have got there slowly? Just because you think its too quick doesnt mean we will 'slow' down now.

20. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Depay has a chance to start in the LW for Oranje in the WC and a few good performances and his value goes much higher.

Given he is barely 20 odd in terms of age, and his development his ceiling is very high and Klopp would be the perfect manager to groom him. But he needs to play week in and week out.

The 7 to 10M Cost is way off the mark. Strootman went for 16-17M odd, there is no way Depay as a 20 year old LW is going for less than 15-20M.

21. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't think you understand. Bayern decimated the league for 2 straight years. Ohh btw the last Dortmund game was a dead rubber no-one cared about. We've add Goetze, Thiago, Lewandowski, Martinez and are getting stronger.

Pep does not need to motivate these players. They have gone through years of dissapointment. Robben, Lahm, Ribery don't need a coach to handhold and motivate them. And with the new players adding like Lewa, this team will be as Hungry to the be the 1st team in a long time to win 3 Consecutive Trebles.

That in itself is a massive achievement. Complacency might set in sometime, but for sure not in Pep's 2nd year when bayern can potentially do a Hattrick of Trebles to cement their themselves as one of the greatest Ever

22. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    What I meant was that they got to the CL final, among the big clubs, with world class players like Reus, Lewy and Gundogan but they can't keep this level, keep these players, mostly because of financial reasons... The club can't raise the wages enough to keep their best players and they can't spend like crazy in the summer.
    Losing Gotze, Lewy, possibly Reus, ect., could be considered as slowing down the progress, which doesn't mean the club won't react well and continue to grow, but at a slower pace.
    That is just my opinion...

23. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If we grow on financial level then the sporting success will come sooner or later. Maybe not with these players but it will come. Sporting success is important but to have it long-term we need to make more money, simple as that.

What we're doing now can be easily considered a sporting success. We established ourselves as the second force of the Bundesliga and I think we can already call ourselves a regulars in knock-out stages, we are strong enough to safely assume we will get to the knock-out stages next year and year after that too.

So we're doing quite well I would say. I believe there are great things to come from our team in the next few years.

24. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Our developement is positive, but we can't take the position behind Bayern for granted. Wolfsburg could become a serious challenge in the future, they have some really great young talents in their ranks and could spent a lot of money even without CL-income. Imagine what they could do if they qualify for the CL this year... .

25. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yep.......

Our main hope for winning the BL title again in the next few years is discord at Bayern. All those players aren't going to stay happy forever......