News: League

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by spinman, Apr 11, 2014.

1. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    #51 the shelts, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Ya but Kemper arena is in Missouri, most of Kansas City is in Missouri. But for the Truman Presidential library in Independece, it would be an average suburb at best. What does Independenve not like about Kansas(the state)?

I certainly dont live there but did a lot of work with the IHL KC Blades, it is a city in Missouri with a small part in Kansas, I'm not following the inter state rivalry.

As an aside, anyone going to KC needs to check out the Steamboat museum in the River Market If you can get past the tacky gift shop where you buy tickets, it is an excellent snapshot of life in the 1800s. It truly is a Smithsonian-esque museum. As is the Kemper museum of contemporary art. I dont remember who the Kemper family was (oil maybe?) But that family plowed a heck of a lot of money into beautifying Kansas City

2. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the Steamboat museum is truly amazing, second that.
    The Power and Light district right outside the arena there is nice too...

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    doing it on a Saturday gets u in the Sunday sports section that is also when the most people read the paper .

4. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is what I found just a little odd , The MISL and PASL Owners meet on Sunday Feb 16th 2014 , On 2/21/2014 This LLC was filed in Maryland . So I wonder if this is the new name of the HOLDING GROUP it just stuck me as odd only 5 days after the meeting this was registered with the state of Maryland
    SOCCER TRANSFORMATIONS LLC
    1416 KENSINGTON PL
    CROFTON, MD 21114

5. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Lewis I think you need to take a break from posting for a couple months.

6. HBG-Heat

HBG-Heat Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Harrisburg Area
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Mad Header

Mad Header Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Mt Prospect
    I'm more optimistic (cautiously optimistic but optimistic just the same) about the game than I have been for a long time. Can't wait to hear all the details, but this at least seems to be moving at a pace that will allow teams some time to market for the coming season. If everyone can continue to work together as it seems they have so far, we may have an interesting league to follow this coming winter. Here's hoping.

8. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL , it was just strange so I had to post it

9. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. jgoethe

jgoethe Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    R. Crosby Kemper was president of United Missouri Bank. I believe the earlier family money was derived from the Railroad.

11. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good news for the Wave. It appears the lawsuits against them have been resolved. Will we see them in Baltimore in mid-May?

13. HBG-Heat

HBG-Heat Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Harrisburg Area
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    where did you find that out ILkicks? Thats great news.

15. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    thanks for the link nsl. good that the suit has been tossed, now the focus should be on getting inked into the league and setting up for the next season.

16. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Settled, not tossed. "Tossed" would imply a judge felt it had no merit. "We came to an amicable solution" means both sides got something they wanted and they move on.

skipper60601 repped this.
  17. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you'll see the PASL at 19-23 teams. With 4-5 of those playing in rec facilities. Divided into 4-5 team divisions. The USL/MISL teams should benefit tremendously from the reduced travel due to the extra teams within close proximity.

Couple rule opinions:
    I think you'll see 1 point scoring.
    I think you'll see playoffs similar to what the MISL did in the past.
    I think you'll see the fouls similar to what the PASL did last year.

Just opinions from some conversations I have had recently.

18. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 pt goals great , I am not a fan of the mini game , 2 - 15 mins halfs I can live with . are you talking about the 6 foul rule I was always a fan of that my self .

19. IL Kicks

IL Kicks Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To me, it will be interesting how they handle player parity within the new league. If all the clubs have to sign new contracts with the league, that will bring up questions on how players are handled. Are the players now out of contract with their clubs/league? Will they need to re-sign and will there be a salary cap? Will there need to be some sort of player protection, redistribution or "expansion draft"?

Realistically, I don't see the MISL clubs giving up the core of their best players just to watch them go to a smaller club like Illinois, nor do I see an MISL player wanting to do that. So, will that mean a BAL-HAR match ending in a 25-5 score in favour of Baltimore (with 1 point goals)? Or a MIL-IL match ending 40-2 for MIL? Unless it is addressed at the beginning, player parity and quality of play may doom the league to be reduced from 20 clubs this season to maybe half that next season.

20. TheChuck

TheChuck Red Card

Jan 4, 2014
    The Blast's players contracts were voided when the USL deal expired. Healey says though that the team will honor the agreements, though. Here is the URL:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...indoor-soccer-league-20140414,0,2016767.story

21. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    the article mentions expanded playoffs. Are we taking best of 3 series here?

22. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think "expanded playoffs" means more than just two rounds. Didn't the PASL have mini-games too?

23. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Probably the home-home-mini-game format, but more than two rounds like Kit said.

The PASL had a mini-game format in 2013 in the first round, but all four series were 2-0 sweeps.