Match Discussions (R) for the Second Half of 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Jan 19, 2014.

1. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pretty upset and somewhat heart-broken over Marco Reus and company....they could have sent those over payed midget ball players home packing in CL :devilish::devilish::speechless::speechless::(:(:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

2. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah. I was so sure they'd snag at least 1 away goal in the first leg and that killed them. They wasted so many chances. Really need to bolster that depth for next year. But they're making shrewd moves, like you guys and Schalke, so hopefully things keep going the way they look now and the three non-Bayern BuLi reps in next years CL are all intelligently built and talented teams who've built up some quality depth with exciting football to show.

The only think that I think will hold that back is Schalke retaining Keller or replacing him with someone equally as idealess like Veh.

3. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well the away goal would have been a blessing...but even at IDUNA they should have at least got into the extra time...to see a reconstructed BVB thats not even having a good season go head to head with an over-payed maxed out Real team with a 3-0 first leg advantage..and shred them 2-0 and not manage to score one more...pretty gutted here....mostly for marco ...and klopp! Would have made Real the laughing stock of all times ( they re still in my opinion).Man very very tough pill to swallow!

4. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BVB will win a CL in the next few years. Replacing Lewy will be tough, but between Ji, Duksch and guys they're linked to like Volland, they've got a lot of young talent to do it.

I'm really hoping you three can keep making moves I want to see you make, that means Drmic and Schar still for you, Schalke snagging Ljajic if Draxler is sold and upgrading on Keller, BVB snagging Volland and Ginter. And Geis joining you or Schalke to.

Then all three would have good depth and really exciting rosters to attack the CL with and a lot of room for growth.

5. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BMG 1 Stuttgart 1:

* I've seen Arango come up big at the end..........just can't remember the last time he came up big that way........

* No matter how many they keep back, many or few, I'm always left feeling the same way about the defensive outcome-which is to say: nervous.

* 1st 45......didn't get a single decision our way that mattered. Not one. Strange. Officials were pretty tough on them today.

* Raffael such a joy to watch. Think today was one of those days where a little more selfishness might have helped the beneficiaries of his passes more than extra passes that led to easy clearances.........

* Was it me-or were the players falling down a lot?

* Still don't comprehend how you can play with so many in the midfield, and lose possession so easily.

6. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Meyer was just fine as the ref today. He just wasn't buying anything even close to a dive. And I thought players were going down a bit easy. The yellows early seemed to calm everyone down a bit. Funny thing on the english commentary--they were wondering why Gladbach was crossing to Arango in the middle, because "he never scores with his head".:D Ooops.... Stuttgart played like they want to stay up. That made it a bit tougher to break through.

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the problem is that every time we get a few good players, the teams above us snap them up. We make the CL--and Dante, Reus, and Neustaedter go to the three teams above us in the standings.:mad: That's life in the Bundesliga, of course (unless you are Bayern)--but oh, so frustrating.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  8. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As expected.These guys somehow pan-out well against us most of the times!
    But on a positive note its always great to score in the dying minutes vs giving up all 3 at home.
    All the units that are chasing us pretty much got all 3 points...so its really coming down to the wire!
    I really hope we can get that CL birth vs UEL:speechless:

9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LEAP FROGGED By Neverkusen...i sure hope we can put a great offensive surge at the end of the season...its so tight btwn the teams up in the table that anything is possible....really would be a great accomplishment to play in the CL next season ;)

10. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you'll make it, although Brandt is giving Leverkusen a spark so you'll really have to earn it, but you guys have the club to do it. Especially with MAtS making magic saves.

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When we won the CL qualifier return leg in Kiev 1.5 years ago (that was his first and only header goal for us until last Saturday) ... if you mean "header monster" by "big". ;) Unfortunately we totally sucked against a top motivated Stuttgart team (don't know why we're always facing such problems against them at home), but luckily managed to reach a last-minute draw at least mainly thanks to MATS. Last season we played well against them, but lost pretty unlucky ... well, that's football sometimes. Since Augsburg got defeated in Hoffenheim, we're 7 points ahead of spot 8 now with 4 games left ... so Europe is coming closer & closer. :)

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...e_borussia-mgladbach-15_vfb-stuttgart-11.html

http://www.borussia.de/english/season/news/borussia-news/news-detailansicht.html?print=??type=2&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=10588&cHash=1f292bdb32bf82d3e7c54cb41d5e7d8a

http://www.borussia.de/english/season/news/borussia-news/news-detailansicht.html?print=??type=2&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=10590&cHash=bb8e0f6783671db708b88827a8f28cd8

http://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/...4-borussia-monchengladbach-vfb-stuttgart.html

12. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So if we want to go for spot 4, an away win in Freiburg is badly needed ... however, it's hard to believe we'll get it when knowing that we didn't score 1 single goal there in the last 4 games (4 defeats).

http://www.fussballdaten.de/vereine/borussiamoenchengladbach/scfreiburg/

Max Kruse scored a "Doppelpack" against us last season, so I wouldn't mind if he scores 2 goals against his ex club now.

http://www.borussia.de/english/seas...=10637&cHash=8322d1fbfe5fe545754454713cbd1a6e

http://www.borussia.de/english/seas...=10620&cHash=0a3f17a72086e95b9b891b61154f3ef4

13. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    4 defeats in a row away at Freiburg is a pretty bad stat. Plus, Freiburg are in very good form, playing some really nice one-touch football. Gladbach with only 4 away wins this season out of 14 matches. Everything suggests that Gladbach will lose points away from home yet again. It will be an interesting encounter. Two quality coaches facing each other. I will be watching that game for sure.

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We have saved the surprise package for this one!!!!:alien::alien::alien::alien:

15. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MGB 1 Freiburg=as many as they want. Turned it off. Xhaka hacks their way outta any points today. Game was there for the taking......only Herrmann could do anything about it. Missed PK, Our best finisher couldn't drop it in the ocean........... This game is my frustration with the Foals in microcosm.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  16. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Final score : Freiburg 4:2 Gladbach
    Xhaka.... what a brainless idiot.
    Daems missed a penalty.
    Gladbach should have killed the game off before half time because Freiburg were truly awful in the 1st half. Unfortunately, they could convert only one chance. Raffael made a shocking miss around the 30th min(I think). In football, when you don't take your chances, you'll get punished. Freiburg made a great comeback in the 2nd half. Xhaka's red card helped obviously.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    INDEED!!!!

It was a surprise package....boy this was ugly.The facial expression on the faces told it all.Sadly we continue to remain a HUGE ? during moments and games that we need to show up and stamp our name on the map!
    We still suffer from the "Doc Jeckyll & Mr.Hyde" syndrome...am not sure we can do much against the wolves either and SO4 for that matter! We just can't maintain some sort of consistency ...even tho we have the quality and depth(on paper at least)...or perhaps its like a nice mirage and in reality there is not much too it?

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When Daems misses...well that should have been an indication of whats about to come!
    :mad::(:mad:

www.fotobahn.com

19. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's missed his last 2 IIRC. Put in the rebound on the previous one though.

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea forgot about the rebound...why Max didn't take it?? I think he had all the right reasons to score against his old club...or maybe it would have been class-less perhaps?? who knows right??

I guess BVB taking care of Mainz kept everything in a stand-still at the table but i wish we could have wrapped this one up ...in order to qualify directly into Europe.I don't see that happening with this rate of performance!

21. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this one crushed my flickering hopes of any decent finish to the season HGB. Moving on to the off-season now. Bunch of new signings so I read........Perhaps they can finally solve the CB dilemma and finally settle on a more consistent finisher? Can only wish........or pray.....or dream.........

22. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should still be in Europe next year., as we are 6 points ahead of Augsburg with three games to play (since there is an extra spot due to the German Cup spot being held by the two finalist teams that are already qualified for the CL).

23. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #173 Borussia, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    When Raffael missed that top chance in the first half, I got the bad feeling that we'd get punished. Typical that we missed a pk (what's up with Filip Daems lately?), lost Xhaka with a yellow-red card and conceded the 1:2 (incredible shot) just within 5 minutes. :geek: Well, it seems we're being jinxed in certain stadiums (i.e. Bremen & Freiburg). :(

Now we can fully concentrate on securing an EuroLeague spot (the CL is a too high step for us yet). 1 win out of the last 3 games will be needed in order to be 100 % sure ... however, I suppose that 1 point might be enough as well (luckily) ... unless Augsburg manage to win all 3 games left (thankfully they didn't get 3 home points against Berlin today).

Btw: Let's sign that Mehmedi guy (Dynamo Kiev is obviously willing to sell him) for next season.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...icht_sc-freiburg-7_borussia-mgladbach-15.html

http://www.borussia.de/de/aktuelles...=10619&cHash=0db7b56cc9d5d4e3c0667a8f36f45c92

http://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/...4-2014-freiburg-borussia-monchengladbach.html

H a p p y E a s t e r.

24. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks.

and to you and all who celebrate it as well.

25. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Except that Cannon that no goalie could control...rest of their goals where mehhh...and our D looked so vanilla relaxed and confused...there was no physical pressure and pressing created by our D-Line specially inside the box and on the perimeter ....sometimes these guys look so chill and WTF kindda attitude so to speak almost like its a ceremonial game...as for Daems missing the PK...am not surprised opponents are watching lots of Video's and since Daems is our regular PK guy they can figure him out sooner or later...when you wanna go straight into the keeper or close...you must be like Lothar...your kick should be so strong and thunder-like that even when the keeper can fig its direction he still can't control or stop it...even tho Lothar missed the most important PK of his life during our Cup Final against Hollywood:speechless:

www.fotobahn.com