Radamel Falcao - news & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Uzuriaga, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Bombay

Bombay Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah the penalties also count as goals, but if you want to compare players you have look at the stats more closely and penalties are not as worthy as normal goals. And I'm not saying Falcaos numbers were bad, they were not. He might have record in that department but how many times Colombia has had a NT like the one it has now? The answer is never. It's really pointless to compare this NT with previous NT's. If you want to compare players you have to look at under what circumstances the player has done what he has done. And yes, Falcao has scored many goals as a sub and so on, but he has also played many matches without scoring a single goal.

I'm not going to speculate how many goals Jackson or Bacca would have scored if they would have been in Falcaos position. But it's very possible the numbers would have been pretty close to those of Falcao. I think you are underestimating their talent and judging them too quickly. I don't want this to be an argument for or against Falcao because we all agree how good he is. I just want to put things in their perspective and to show that we have other strikers that are good enough to replace Falcao under this unfortunate situation.

It's still possible to build a team that suits Jacksons or Baccas style better. And to defend Jackson, he has played against very tough opponents. You can't criticize him for not scoring against Argentina. And the match against Serbia was bad for the whole team. You have to let him play a lot more before you can draw any conclusions.

HomietheClown repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I mentioned Falcao's positive qualities when it comes to intangibles (leadership/ inspiration.)
    But looking on the other side of the coin we also don't want him to be a major distraction. The media and fans wondering if he is going to play. Strikers not knowing if they are going to play or rely on him to take their starting spot.

And if it comes down to a 100% healthy in form Ramos and a Falcao that is unfit and not 100% would I really be surprised if Pekerman goes with Ramos on the Roster of 23? Not really.

3. Bombay

Bombay Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This is also one of my points. So far, every time Falcao has been injured it has affected his form VERY much. And those injuries have been minor ones. This is so much worse since he has been out for 5 months.

But if Falcao is 100% ok by the end of may, I'm fine with him. The only problem I'm having with this whole argument is that Bacca and Jackson shouldn't be criticized too harshly, specially when they have sit on the bench most of the time.

4. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    es a lo que voy, no quiero que nos pase como paso con Espana insistiendo con el nino torres (Espana puede darse ese lujo porque tenian a Xabiesta, nosotros no)

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Good point.

When Falcao came off his last injury for instance he just did not look the same for Monaco. Even missed a penalty with a weak shot as I recall.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1. por algo los penales no se los dejan patear a jackson en porto y a bacca en sevilla,.....en especial el caso de jackson que se comio como 4 seguidas en porto, pateando de manera canchera.....

2. los delanteros de colombia en el 90...uno era de los mejores de europa de asprilla , valerncia era artillero del bayern munich y valenciano llego a la liga italiana siendo muy costoso........esa seleccion si es comparable con esta , el contxto de cantidad de jugadores de europa, esta relacionado con leyes de inmagracion y ley bosman

3. Yo no subestimo a nadie....me canso de postear aca los goles que hacen .y se de su talento.......se que su problema es de madurez mental y miedo con la seleccion......como le paso a tantos delanteros antes que ellos.................yo se que son buenos pero les pesa la seleccion........y no siempre decir que si les ha ido mal es por falta de oportunidades ........el que debe apreciar un poco las dimensiones de los logros es otro.........yo solo se que ellos deben demostrar que saben con la seleccion

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    falcao se ha comido penales en sus mejores momentos.........con monaco nunca jugo bien, por su gran tecnico

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He just did not look healthy. And the shot was very weak.
    To me he looked different.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ellos al final sentaron a torres, como desde octavos ...........ellos necesitaban salir campeones si o si, nosotros no..........ellos eran los que no se podian darse ese lujo y lo hicieron.....

10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    con river y porto (la temporada del record de klisman ) los boto........diego costa la semana pasada botó uno

asi como uno , no puede ser oportunista como @Bombay para subestimar los penales que metio falcao , entonces toca ser coherente y no darle tanta importancia si se lo come.....

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The weak penalty is just one reason. The whole match he looked like a player just not right.
    With more of a layoff and many months off he could be even more rusty.

12. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lo unico que podemos asegurar es que estos dos amistosos que vienen nos daran una buena idea de lo que tiene pensado Pekerman en caso de que Falcao no juege

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    jajajja como raro este sujeto ......sacando la “other reason“ para alargar sus puntos.....

acuerdense que ni siquiera falcao se sabe si estaba lesionado....lo sacaron despues del partido que lo sacaron temprano y el se disgusto, despues fue que ranieri decidia sacarlo y falcao decia que estaba bien.......

con monaco nunca ha jugado bien...........

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #1664 HomietheClown, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    My original post did not say his weak penalty was the only reason. I said it in passing.

The shot looked very weak though, which makes sense since he was coming off an injury.

15. Bombay

Bombay Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jackson not being a good penalty taker is not a good argument against him. The best striker of this season in the world (Suarez) hasn't taken a single penalty. He sucks at taking penalties. Besides, we have other players for that, James for example. That's all I have to say about penalties, they make no difference looking at the big picture.

And the previous scoring record was Asprillas. And that was the second best NT we have ever had. That proves my point just perfectly that the circumstances affect players performance.

And saying Bacca or Jackson les pesa la seleccion reminds me of the times people said exactly the same thing about Falcao when he wasn't scoring enough goals in their opinion. The same thing was said about Messi too some time ago.

HomietheClown repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Entiendo lo de Torres en el 2010, pero creo que estamos todos de acuerdo en que Pekerman no es bruto. Vamos a tener varias semanas de concentracion y practica. Me imagino que Falcao empieza en la banca y si muestra buen futbol y nivel en practica y en la cancha, se gana el puesto. No creo que Pekerman le de el puesto titular por ser terco.

Spain a veces juega hasta sin delanteros. Ellos se dan el lujo de experimentar por la falta de delantero que tenian y por el mediocampo que tenian. En mi opinion. Pekerman solo le da el puesto titular a Falcao si se lo gana y no lo deja de titular si juega mal y se ve mal fisicamente.

Yo si tengo mucha ilusion que vaya y no se por que, de pronto iluso que soy, pero pienso que el man va a ser ficha clave para nosotros en el mundial

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    LEA LEA bien : Yo no estoy atacando a jackson por que no sepa cobrar penales, pero se me hace absurdo que subestime los 3 goles de falcao por que fueron penales.....cuando jackson ni se los dejan comer ESE ES EL PUNTO...y despues echen en cara que falcao estaba mal cuando se comio un penal.....no hay que ser oportunistas y contradecir .........pero verdad segun ud cualquiera hace lo de falcao

SEÑOR cuando falcao , le“ pesaba la seleccion“ era en epocas donde a todo el equipo le iba mal, colombia no metia gol como tal y aun asi siempre tuvo mejores registros....ahora con pekerman que es un tecnico capacitado, a diferencia de los trogloditas como bolillo, que metio menos goles que partidos jugados ..........ya con pekerman no deberian no tener excusa de no meter gol

18. Bombay

Bombay Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm not underestimating the importance of those 3 penalties Falcao took. It just doesn't makse sence comparing two players based on that one single quality, specially when you can have other players to take the penalties. Yes, in Falcao you hace a good striker and a penalty taker in the same package. But so what? Bacca+James could do the same thing.

I agree that the reason why Falcao barely scored goals was because the whole team sucked. That was the reason then. There are also other reasons for players not to score. In this case the lack of playing time. Or maybe Jackson, Bacca y Ramos don't score goals porque les pesa la banca.

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #1669 pepinointer, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    bacca? el que los penales lo cobran rakitic y gameiro antes que el??? entonces sera que los cobra igaul que falcao?? de bacca les cuento que es un jugador muy limitado con la zurda...

ramos ha jugado 22 veces y solo 2 goles.....eso es solamente un numero pobrisimo indefendible...

y bacca y jackson es mentira que no han jugado .....obviamente no juegan igual que los titulares por esa razon...pero si han tenido chances!! chances!! y se las he enumerado....las oportunidades no se configuran hasta jugar los mismo minutos que los titulares (que por algo son titulares)

lo repito jackson comenzo 4 partidos de eliminatorias, ningun gol ninguna asistencia...

falcao su 4to aprtido como titular ( 3 goles y una asistencia)

teo su 4to aprtido como titular (3 goles y una asistencia)

la cuestion no es solo de que te den oportun idades, estas se deben aprovechar....y si ya quedo claro que segun usted, cualquiera hace lo que hace el tronco de falcao....pero esto no es de logica si no de demostrarlo

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I had to isolate this cause it is a bit harsh of a criticism. Most of those matches were not under Pekerman they were under other managers. Those numbers also were mostly accumulated when he was being used as a left wing/ left forward in a three forward setup.
    Now he is playing almost like a #9 in Germany and Pekerman is in charge.
    He can be useful due to these significant factors.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    22 matches is a big number...and yes in copa america was a wing, but with lara was forward........pero no se pueden limitar a un torneo de 4 partidos

bueno sea como sea yo no confio para reemplazar al hombre record de unas elimiantorias...a un tipo con un promedio de 1 gol cada 11 partidos, antes de que me demuestre lo contrario......

igual ya quedo claro, que todo esta reuslto con sus ecuaciones de logica y racionalidad que resuelven los partidos......y que falcao es un tronco que se merecion lesionar por que en verdad no haria mas la diferencia, que las victimas bacca y jackson sin minutos y que lo que hizo no es meritorio...por que lo haria cualquiera

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Even when he came in under Lara he drifted towards the left and stayed there.

Now his game has developed where he is more versatile and goes toward the middle and even the right when needed.

I think he can flourish under Pekerman if given the chance. Will he be given the chance remains to be seen. And if others are given a chance they can be successful too.

23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    si si todo tienes que jugar lo mismo que falcao para juzgarlos igual......por que son unas victimas del rosquero de pekerman que no da oportunidades

24. Bombay

Bombay Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I didn't mean Bacca should take the penalties. I meant he would score the goals and James take the penalties. So, Bacca + James = Falcao. Enough for the penalties, ok?

You said earlier Falcao didn't score goals because the NT was not as good back then. Why aren't you using the same logic with Ramos? And like Homie said, he wasn't always used as a striker.

Let me quote Pekerman once more: "Un equipo no cambia con dos o tres partidos, hay que creer en la base”

That could be translated at least in two ways:
    1. A team needs continuity, that's why you should use the same players as much as possible.
    2. You don't judge a player based on a few matches.

The second translation is what I've been saying all the time. I've done this mistake many times in the past myself, but now I know it's not the right way. The last (or the ones before that) qualifiers proved this right when Colombia used more than 100 players in just one qualifier. The coaches basically gave each player one or two matches to prove themselves. If the player didn't do that, he had to go. We all know the outcome. That is what you are asking Pekerman to do with Jackson from example.

25. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no jakcson have played more than 2, so the coach hasnt been so bad with him stop the exageration that he havent had chances....and not i m not saying that he have to be out of the nt by pkerman, you have a big reading problem......but because these facts, you cant sacrifice falcao so easily ...when the responsible to replace him havent proved nothing ...........