Juventus 2013/2014 Serie A Season Thread for April [R]

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Osvaldo totally ********s up a great chance.

He's not worth €19 million.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's all she wrote 2-0, 5 games left, 8 point lead. Mathematically need 2 wins and a draw to secure the Scudetto.

3. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I know it's not mathematically certain yet and I'm superstitious about acting like we've won before it's officially official, but...

I'm going to get soooooooo drunk when we win our 32nd. I can't f*cking wait.

Daei_10 and Falc repped this.
  4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Roma won't be winning everything, hence ... so 1 win + 1 draw might be enough (resting players for the EL semi-final).

Does anybody here still have any doubts about the 32nd Scudetto after tonight's away win in Udine? ;)

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    What is frustrating about today is Giovinco's performance. He is not a bad player. Not top but better than average. He should be used regularly against the mid to lower table sides in a useful rotation system.

6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So I checked out the 90 in 30 on beIN and I have to say that Guidolin is a class act. He made sure his players shook hands with the referees and he greeted all of the Juve players. As much as we rag on Udinese for the European failures, which is warranted, they would never be there without Guidolin. Too bad the club sells off its best players every summer.

7. Arsenal_NGA

Arsenal_NGA Member+

Jan 12, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was wondering how F. Melo played at Juventus, because from friends I have heard that he has been doing terrific at his new club. Of course, it's a league that is outside the top 5 in Europe, but nevertheless, his defensive skills seem to be great to say the least.

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well he was with us during our worst time in ages so its hard to tell but he was basically a failure and we were stuck with him for few years before we were able to offload him to turkey. he can be great but can be very stupid at times too. bad fouls and cards, etc....not sure how he has changed since then but if he's cheap, he wont be bad as an option for you. i personally wouldnt recommend :D

9. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    He was horrible when he first came, but I thought he actually played very well the year before we let him go. He was hardly our biggest issue. His Brazilian counterparts, Diego and Amauri, respectively, were much bigger failures.

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Who are we kidding? Melo was terrible. Ran around all over the place like a chicken with his head cut off. He had no tactical sense, which was needed with Diego playing a trequartista. Of the three, he was the worst and I believe the most expensive. His play did not help Diego on the pitch or Ferrara on the bench. Let's not forget that a former poster here had him ranked top 5 at his position. By far the biggest failure of the Secco era.

11. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Diego was a pussy, played with no heart. Very talented but useless. Amauri let his head get too big. Could score the spectacular goal every so often that got idiots drooling, especially in the media. No clue how to run off the ball, to put himself in a position to score. Melo had nothing.

12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whats the probable line up for tomorrow ?

i hope we rest vidal. sounds like his knee is not 100% there is no need to risk it.

13. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tuttosport:

Juventus (3-5-2): Buffon; Caceres, Ogbonna,Chiellini; Isla, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Giovinco, Llorente.

Daei_10 repped this.
  14. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It's difficult to give a definitive answer because we were so bad during his two seasons at the club.

The first year he was dire, but he wasn't deployed properly. He was used as a sort of regista/DM hybrid and it just did not work. During his second season he was used as a more traditional DM and he was arguably our best midfielder, but that's like complementing a two-legged man for winning a one-legged raced. We were so bad that even Antonio Candreva stood out for the 6 months he was with us on loan.

Plus, he was a card magnet and psychologically fragile (the latter so often the cause of the former). His confidence in his own abilities was very fair weathered. If the fans cheered him, he often did well. If they didn't, he'd go to pieces. Not to mention his erratic decision-making and his propensity to commit the odd horror-tackle from time to time. There's no way he'd every be able to carry the midfield of any major club in the top five leagues.

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Ogbonna, Chiellini; Isla, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Giovinco, Llorente

Juventus bench: Storari, Rubinho, Caceres, Padoin, Vidal, Peluso, Pepe, Quagliarella, Osvaldo, Tevez, Vucinic

Bologna: Curci; Antonsson, Sorensen, Cherubin; Garics, Ibson, Pazienza, Christodoulopoulos, Morleo; Friberg; Cristaldo

Bologna bench: Stojanovic, Malagoli, Cech, Mantovani, Laxalt, Perez, Moscardelli, Paponi, Acquafresca, Bianchi

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bologna is wearing some neon lime shit, which does not give much contrast when viewing from TV. Does the league have any clue about crap like that?

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bologna decided to park the bus in front of their goal. At one point, they lost the ball in our penalty area. Asamoah has it under control, plays it with his left foot and passes it to a teammate inside of the penalty area. Instead of putting pressure on a player who refuses to switch feet, Bologna retreats and we are able to bring the ball forward with ease. I guess they figure better to play it safe. We will score eventually.

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, just tuned into the game, was at my sons lacrosse tournament until now. How's the team doing?

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    can you guys please for the love of Jesus send this team down to Serie B ? Bologna does this shit every freaking time !

Dante repped this.
  20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pogbaaaa 1-0

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Finally I get some company and we score.

23. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isla out, Padoin in

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Giovinco out, Vidal in.

25. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I hope the purple rats beat Roma this afternoon, would pretty much wrap it up for us

Falc repped this.