Better Console Exclusive Games (Xbox or Playstation)?

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Sal, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew it wasn't Romney, but I didn't know who it really was though.

2. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you are going to decide between Playstation 4 and Xbox One because of exclusive games then it is a no contest. The Playstation 4 has got much more exclusive games then Xbox One.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

That is the list of Playstation 4 games that are announced. 87 of those games will not be on the Xbox One.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

That is a list of Xbox One exclusives. 27 games not coming to the Playstation 4.

3. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... if you're a quantity over quality guy, then yes. ;)

4. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL!

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep better at night! Maybe in your dreams you have played them all and formed the qualitive opinion that it is quantity over quality.

5. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lighten up, Francis. I was being facetious.

Show Spoiler
    I'm really despondent that Backgammon Blitz, Lily Bergamo, Nikoli no Puzzle 4: Sudoku, Pool Nation Extreme/FX, and Pure Pool aren't coming to the Xbox One

6. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do not give into despair! You still get to play, Lococycle, Xbox Fitness and Fighter Within! Who needs Titanfall when you got them!

7. amiz88

amiz88 New Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I gotta say PlayStation, despite them being disappointed in no release updates as of late, they should reveal new projects and announce dates for driveclub and the order 1886

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, Driveclub is vaporware. That game will never come out. The lead left the project and now they've announced that they're going back to the drawing board on the entire game.

9. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Forget about exclusives. Obviously PlayStation is the system of exclusives without a contest. :p
    PS4 could also be the better system for multiplats as it has more powerful hardware. That is if the devs take advantage of that extra power but thats doubtful. Xbone is the lowest common denominator.

PS4 is outsellling the Xbox by a landslide, and Sony is yet to release a system-seller game or so called "killer-app" lol

10. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There is no "could" about it. Multi platform games are better on the Playstation 4 then Xbox One. Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Tomb Raider are examples of it. The Playstation 4 is more powerful and is easier to develop for. It is a win-win.

I do not think Playstation 4 needs a killer app when the competition is so poor. It is probably the default choice just because the others are so bad. The Wii U was marketed incorrectly and has a lack of games. The Xbox One is more expensive and less powerful then the Playstation 4. Why would anyone pay more for less?

I do not know about USA but in my country the Playstation 4 is selling the Xbox One and Wii U at more then three to one ratio and that is with the Playstation 4 being in limited supply. It is safe to assume that if it was not supply constrained then that ratio would be even larger.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  11. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems pretty neck-and-neck in the good old U S of A. But, then again, data from NPDs can be skewed to prove any point.

http://gamerant.com/ps4-xbox-one-november-sales/
    http://www.inquisitr.com/1061429/ps...w-everyone-losing-not-just-the-playstation-4/
    Your internet search results may vary.

12. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Neck and neck in USA is bad for Microsoft since that was the only place where the Xbox360 out sold the Playstation 3 and by quite a large margin. In Europe they released a bundle where the Xbox One came with Titanfall free. Then after about a week they discounted that. So it was a discount on a discount. Playstation 4 came out with an inFamous bundle where you get the game with the Playstation 4 and it costs more. Look at this inFamous bundle:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=478931827&pf_rd_i=300703

That is US$720. It is cheaper to buy the console and the game seperately from the very same site. The only reason why I can think of people buying this is because the console on its own was out of stock.

13. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. I bought my console, and paid off my Titanfall preorder, and a few days later they announce the console-game bundle for $499 (same price as console alone). And now some places have the same bundle for $449.

I'd like to see some of the sites stating this 3:1 ratio.

14. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #39 teammellieIRANfan, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Yeah sounds about right.
    The PS4 is outsold at many stores in my city. I live in Denmark.

In any case, the killer-app of 2014 will be Arkham Knight imo.
    Im getting a PS4 just for that game.
    Off course, that is a multiplat game and not exclusive, but whatever. :D

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    get a pc find an emulator and get all the games for free :D

16. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This isnt like NES roms....

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Am i the only one underwhelmed by both xboxone and ps4?

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  18. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #43 teammellieIRANfan, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Im not underwhelmed because I have not yet purchased any of the next gen systems. :p
    But yeah, its been a pretty slow start. There has not been a "must buy the system for this"-game yet. At all.

I remember the PS3 had a very slow start as well. It didnt take off until somewhere around 2008/2009 (console released in 2006 I believe).

Im buying the PS4 when Arkham Knight comes out.
    And rumour has it that game has been delayed so its gonna be a 2015 release. :(:thumbsdown:
    So it will be while before I make the jump to next gen.

I still have my PS3 and a pretty big backlog of games I want to play on the system, so its all good.

19. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think we've reached a point where we're starting to see diminishing returns now with consoles. it's kind of like engineering a car to go 257mph when the last generation of car went 240mph. the difference in power and tech to get that extra 17mph is quite significant, but is the end result really that noticeable? is it really worth the extra cost?

thebigman repped this.
  20. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Maybe its my age, but dropping half a grand on a console with slightly better graphics or that turns on by voice control isnt really a priority?!

21. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    #46 SpencerNY, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    This. Also I'm not sure if its my age, but I often play games to the end because I don't want to feel like I didn't get my money's worth. I can't remember the last time that I played a game and allowed myself to get lost in it. Most games feel like a chore.

I could care less h0w fancy they can make a cut scene look or what gimmicky feature they've decided to add...just concentrate on making solid engrossing games.

thebigman repped this.
  22. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree! Over the last few years, bar sports games and a couple of fps', there is only a handful of games i have truely been engrossed in and spent time playing. Last of us, uncharted series, batman aeries and skyrim. There have been some good independant games as well on the ps network but in terms of retail....not many for me! Tbh the last fps' i really played alot are black ops 1 and bf3 which are old now!

Its sad, but maybe it will change when more comes out on the new gen?