PBP: Tottenham Vs Fulham

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Hauler, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is right.... Didn't see one up and since I'm the only one up I wanted to start one. Let's see how I fair in my first ever thread for a game. I will give specifics at halftime. 10 min mark so far and Rodegella broke free from our weird d pairing of Kaboul and Fryers. So far quiet, but the pitch looks great and it's a great day. Eriksen is on the roam

We have more of the ball at the moment and the crowd is frustrated already.

Phillyspur, Raffaelo and calmanalysis repped this.
  2. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it worked before, but why in the world do we not have Eriksen and Chadli switch. Chadli is playing the center mid. Wow, Eriksen is tracking back and looking lively at the back. Harry Kane with a nice dribbling move into the box and cross straight to the keeper. Still nice effort 13'.

3. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus. Instead of Danny being composed on the ball he just punts it out of the area with little pressure. We really need to upgrade that spot.

4. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eriksen is all over the place. He is full of energy. Our back four is looking incredibly suspect. Although that is to be with all the injuries. My god.

Really glad Holtby isn't out there.

5. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kaboul should have had a goal after Harry Kanes header off of a corner. Free header didn't even hit the target. Should be thinking about his contract with stuff like that. WHAT A SAVE from Lloris. Quick off his line really good. Ade with a tame effort off of a really nice break from us. Eriksen again with the vision to get that break going. Don't think since I have been a fan I have seen a player be this good this young off a first year transfer for us.

6. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    20th min and Lennon might be the new Jenas or he might just be checked out.

Paulinho with a poor give away. Now corner to fulham and no goal and good play by kaboul to usher the ball out.

Could be a gameplan against Lennon to close him down immediately once he gets the ball. Like 4 guys closing him down all day long.

23' Volley from Lennon on weaker foot well high. Not a good volley. Still glad he is getting more involved.

7. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost a goal for lennon off a great move. Eriksen again with inventive play. God he is something else.

8. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow fulham has had 3 managers. And I thought we were bad. Ha! I think if Fulham go down they might just be staying down which is a shame. Eriksen to the right of the box with a fk chance. Players lining up 34'

9. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WHAT A FK IN. PAULINHO WITH THE TAP IN!! 35'

10. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My god what a freekick. Anyone could have put that in. The ball should have been dealt with, but great ball in. Jesus.

11. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're ********ing kidding. Immediate response from Fulham. Steve Sidwell looking like Ginola. Awful defending.

12. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Surprise surprise tactics gone tits up again and Fulham back on the attack gaining so much needed confidence from that goal.

13. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eriksen has been everyone. Even playing some CB at the moment from a poor Danny Rose clearance.

BalanceUT repped this.
  14. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eriksen is down. Hope it isn't bad. He went out of frame so couldn't see if he got up.

15. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Halftime and it is 1-1. Man this shouldn't be so and it's sad when we are crying out for another midfielder to get in there and help out with duties of creativity in the midfield and we don't have one at the moment or someone else isn't taking the responiblity other then Eriksen. We have paulinho and Chadli.

16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    nice delivery from eriksen for the goal. still looking pretty much like standard issue spurs '13-14 in attack, though.

17. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow Lennon with an amazing cross on his left and Harry Kane with his 3rd goal of the year. Not bad and good for Harry. Great header. Being held all over by his defender.

18. Hans H S

Hans H S New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    -So, excellent pass from Fryers to Sidwell. Unfortunately he doesn`t play in our side.

Pre-match Shrewood admitted he has no clue who our best 11 is, even though he claims to have
    "assesed" the squad "thoroughly"
    That`s of course delightfully honest of him, even though everyone already knew that.
    As a consequence, a fully fit Sandro is on the bench while our midfield is more or less invisible.

Our entire back four looks likely to make a huge mistake at anytime
    (We have conceded more than 20 goals from blunders this season, more than any other
    team in the PL including the bottom feeders. I`m not sure if OPTA counts the Fryers pass a blunder, they could)

Adebayor doesn`t work. Harry Kane hides. Paulinho runs, but he doesn`t know where to (`cept on the goal)

So in addition to having no clue as to who to play, Sherwood can`t organize the team or motivate them.

I am sure Daniel Levy is happy with his desicion of firing AVB. For the first time in years it`s quite a lot of empty
    seats spread around WHL. I`m sure it`s sold out, but season ticket holders don`t bother to show up, and not many bothers to buy overpriced tickets at Stub Hub for watching this mess of a team..

That said, I do hope we win even if it makes Sherwood think he is a manager..

Phillyspur repped this.
  19. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    very nice left-footed delivery from lennon. kane's finish was equally impressive.

and damn near allowed an equalizer within two minutes again.

20. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost another immediate response from Fulham, but what a save from Lloris. I can't stress enough how much we can't lose him.

21. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    welcome to the boards. jump right on in there ... bitching and moaning from the off ...

... he's one of us, boys.

electrickeeper repped this.
  22. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow another great freekick in. Eriksen looking really good. Kaboul with the finish.

23. Hans H S

Hans H S New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Sorry `bout that.
    It just hurts. With the squad we`ve got I`m just so dissapointed at the way we`ve played this
    season, and I feel we have been trending downwards...

Happy for Kane. Finally showing some of his potential. I thought he would have a break-out season on loan to Norwich a couple seasons back, unfortunately he got injured right away.

I`ll give Sherwood one thing though.
    He isn`t afraid to throw the young lads in there.

Yay! 3-1. Eriksen on fire. what a passing foot

24. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    that delivery is devastating.

some commentary moments ago wondering why on earth eriksen would take a short corner. damn good question.

25. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    not at all. it's what we do.