The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Lol, I guess you havent seen Negredo's amazing outside of the foot passes!

2. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Yesterday there were links to Tello from Barca, I guess he is a possible replacement to Ljajic. Very fast and talented, I won't mind him at all.

3. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Bojan 2.0

Imran_INDIA and schnix repped this.
  4. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Paulinho would be great. I would be very happy if we brought him in.

5. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    We don't need him, we have Ninja and Strootman already competing for 1 place.

porreca repped this.
  6. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    you beat me to it

Tello, no thanks, just another overrated Barca prospect

Imran_INDIA and Andreas repped this.
  7. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Tell will probably have the same strings attached that Bojan did...

Bojan could've developed into a great player under Zeman, but the strings attached to his contract made it useless for any team or manager to play him, as you knew he was only temporary.

8. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Nah we do need him. Theres always room for more quality in the side especially with champions league next season.

If thats the case why do people want us to bring in a new striker when we have Destro/Totti?

whill4 repped this.
  9. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Because Totti is 38 and Destro has 0 EU experience.
    also we need a sub for Pjanic , doesn't matter if he leaves or not.

In our current midfield , if Anyone between Strootman / Ninja / De Rossi is missing , we can use Taddei or alternatively Florenzi , and Ninja / Strootman can play De Rossi's role just fine , the thing is that we have no real sub for Pjanic , no player like him.

10. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    We need depth, but the box to box midfielder is literally the last position we need more depth in. We only use one in our starting formation and there are already 2 quality players for that position. Meanwhile, we have no creative midfielder other than Pjanic, no quality starting LB, no quality starting RW, not enough depth in striker, no quality 3rd CB and no real sub for DDR. All of these positions, and I would argue even the GK and RB positions since our current players there are old, should be addressed before thinking about signing someone like Paulinho.

Goduerza and Khaos repped this.
  11. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sandro was left out of the Spurs squad even though he tweeted he was healthy. The media is probably making it a bigger deal than it is, and because Sherwood isn't likely back next year it won't matter - but the rift could maybe mean someone could swoop in for him? Give me Sandro over Paulinho.

12. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, there wasn't just smoke, there was a raging fire:

Tim Sherwood: ""I don't think he's good enough to be in the side at the minute, when he shows me he's up to the level of the other players he'll be back in the squad."

I bet Sabatini is already on the plane!

13. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Will he come here to be DDR sub though? He can easily start in many CL teams. As far as I know he only plays DM, though Sabatini does like him a lot.

14. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    #2764 Andreas, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    You germans are better with economics but Greeks are faster with a keyboard. Lol.

schnix repped this.
  15. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he gives us tactical depth. It would allow us to play two holding midfielders in a 4-2-3-1.

16. Haakon24

Haakon24 Member+

Mar 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Most teams have a box to box and a DM in a 4-2-3-1. DDR-Stroot works just fine

17. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    They might be thinking of that. I'm not a big fan of shifting between 2 drastingely different systems, but a quality DM is easier to get than a quality AM for the bench, or at least cheaper.

18. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2768 Khaos, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Pizarro. /thread

EDIT: Admittedly , DDR back then was more of a Box-to-Box midfield , so we played with 3 AM , a Box-to-Box and a playmaker , no wonder we conceided thousands of goals. :D
    (Still miss Spalletti though.)

19. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    cuz you guys are all stuck at home jobhunting while we're working weekends in the office :p

...i actually am working right now...

porreca and Andreas repped this.
  20. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Strootman is out for awhile and Ninja and DDR love cards. I think we definitely could use another quality box-box if Roma really want to compete in the CL. The last thing we need is Taddei trying to battle it out against the likes of Schweinsteiger or Iniesta.

21. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Strootman is doing well with his recovery, and expected to be back by early October. So you buy Paulinho for 13M and use him for 2 months, then what? You sell him in winter or let him sit on the stands? If Saba wants someone to cover for Kevins injury then it should be someone on loan or one of our co-owned players. Paying 10M+ for a 3rd option when you have no 1st or 2nd option in most positions is a bad strategy.

22. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By October we've already missed close to half of our CL games. And we don't know what kind of condition Strootman will be in initially. Destro was able to start training in the beginning of November but we didn't see him until December. And we didn't really see the old Destro until January. So it's possible we may not have the old Strootman for a long time after he's cleared to start training again.

And I think it's possible to give Nainggolan, Stootman, and another quality box-box later on adequate time. Rotation will be key next season. Strootman was way over played by Garcia this season IMO.

23. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But we WILL have him at a certain point.
    what we DON'T have is a good LB , a sub for Destro , a sub for Pjanic.
    If it was for me i'd have 50 midfielders , but we don't have that much money and we need to prioritize.

24. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    You are right in everything you said, but this still doesn't account for the higher priorities we have. At the very least we need a quality starting LB+RW, 3rd quality CB and depth striker before we should even consider spending anything on Paulinho. If the budget allows for all of that, then yeah it might be nice to get Paulinho, but I seriously doubt that Saba will be able to make all of those crucial signings even without spending on him.

25. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I am reading that Barca have put Alexis Sanchez on sale after a big fight he had after the copa del Rey final where he asked to be sold for lack of playing time.

Now that would be a player worth breaking the bank for. Can play both LW and CF, already proven in Italy and has high work rate. He would fit in our team smoothly.

tmontana52, wm72, Goduerza and 4 others repped this.