Players you dislike

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Jaweirdo, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It can be for whatever reason, even if you don't like them because of their fans (James BH11 with R9)

I dislike Andrea Pirlo. I want to like the guy, but he is so overrated. Yes you read correctly, he is overrated. The way he struts over the field at a slow pace with a "i'm better than you and I know it" attitude pisses me off. His chip goal against England was not revolutionary and he received far too much praise for it. Glad the Euro 2012 campaign was his peak and he'll soon fizzle into anonymity.

I don't like Cuauhtemoc Blanco. His hunchback an angry demeanor bothered me, but not as much as his stupid "Blanco Hop" did. What a childish move. Go to hell Blanco.

P.s. I don't dislike R9 i'm actually a big fan

2. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I also HATE John Terry. What a piece of shit

3. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Present day:
    C.Ronaldo
    Pepe
    John Terry
    Wayne Rooney
    Rio Ferdinand

From the past:
    Giorgio Chinaglia
    Luis Figo
    Cuauhtémoc Blanco
    Tony Meola
    Eric Cantona
    Claudio Gentile
    Hugo Sánchez
    Oliver Kahn
    Edgar Davids (until he arrived at Barcelona :oops:)

4. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I love Pirlo, and I loved how he showed a technical mastery over England at Euro12. Two different philosophies to football and it was clear which one is the right one.

Back to the topic, I dislike Ronaldo9 mostly because of how overhyped he is by @JamesBH11 and some others too. He is nowhere near the league of Pele and Maradona, and he could not give a legendary WC performance in any of his three appearances. So all that talk needs to stop. Another similar one who, while talented, is often exaggerated is Platini. No, he could not ever give an international performance like Maradona in WC86 but feel free to take me to an alternate universe where that even came close to happening.

Others I don't like, mostly for being way overrated: Batistuta, Veron, Adriano, Kaka, Lucio, Lampard, Terry, Vieri, Pepe, Ruben Sosa, Matthaus, Lahm, Sneijder, Butragueno, Asprilla.

jerrito and giles varley repped this.
  5. tony-soprano37

Dec 5, 2008
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    rivaldo for the crap he acted whilst brazil played turkey at the wc.

winston bogarde for threatenign to fight a journalist clearly knowing the journalist would do nothign back.

edgar davids for being an abusive wife beater

lothar matthaus and jurgen klinsmann for...... well for beign typical german.

PuckVanHeel repped this.
  6. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I tend to dislike that type of thing but, now that you mention Pirlo, it makes me wonder if the arrogance itself is what I dislike or if it's the execution of the arrogance that I dislike.

For example, I find Pirlo's (you have described it very well) arrogant attitude on the pitch amusing. Kaka used to have a similar attitude, but the way Kaka did it was irritating, him being extremely overrated (even in his peak years), him being erroneously considered a "humble" player, didn't help either.

Romario was also very arrogant, but the way he did it I found to be amusing.

Jaweirdo repped this.
  7. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    #7 PuckVanHeel, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    These ones.

Of the Dutch players, I dislike Davids and I also dislike Arjen Robben very much.

Making a full list will take some thoughts, but Xavi, Busquets, Messi, De Rossi, Materazzi and Lahm also spring to mind.

8. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great defender though ...

9. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The player i dislike most at the moment is Ramires of chelsea.. To think he will be in the brazilian squad sends a shiver down my spine.. A cowardly technically limited workhorse who likes to dive and cheat.. Like most of brazils current midfield he would have got nowhere near the selecao ten years ago..so to me he is a reminder of just how much the standard of brazilian players has dropped and it makes me sad.. Ramires chipped goal for chelsea against barcelona was class but i doubt he will do anything like it again.. Horrible player

Pipiolo and PuckVanHeel repped this.
  10. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Platini was great at euro 84 mate

jerrito repped this.
  11. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rooney is another player i just dont get.. In articles and newspaper collumns and the media he is a genius.. In fact he is the greatest player on paper of all time !! I dislike him for the hype that surrounds him.. Charlie adam is another premiership player i hate.. Fouling players and leaving his foot in because he is out of his depth at that level

12. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Pepe - Busquets are right up there for me but the bloke I think is a dick of the highest order is Sergio Ramos.

Absolute hack and a disgrace the gods blessed him to play in successful teams

13. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    #13 PuckVanHeel, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    Yet they are among the favourites and three strongest countries :p

Ramires is a dirty player, totally agree with the call, but Brazil often had dirty and physical players in midfield though (Mauro Silva, Felipe Melo and such... also the legendary Zito had some grit and steel...). They can just sell it well to the world.

14. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Whats that gotta do with ramires being an awful excuse for a brazilian player ? I know brazil are among the favourites but apart from neymar and maybe oscar what brazilian player are you looking forward to watching at the world cup ? .. Explain what you meant mate ? Cheers

15. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Haha I chose Ramires as the player I liked the most in the other thread. He does have a very untypical brazilian style on the urface but he is clever in a typical jogo bonito type of way, he doesn't habe that much ginga, buthhe's small and delivers some rough challenges.

I am usually a fan of the dutch but I really hate Robben, especially when he stops the flow of a good game with his dribbling. Pass the rock!

16. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Entirely agree. He's in sum also a diver, arrogant, unpleasant to his team-mates, to journalists, pedantic. Only major good thing about him is that he himself doesn't do nasty against opponents with words (like racist Messi) or 'cunning' actions (like Dani Alves, Pepe, De Rossi or Busquets).

17. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes he is a diver.

Your post reminds me of someone else that irks me. ROSSI, born and raised in the united states but decidws to play for Italy. What a coward, he wanted the easy way out

18. giles varley

giles varley Member+

Oct 8, 2013
    nottingham uk
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I cant agree with you on Ramires mate.. He should be a long distance runner..there aint no joga bonito in him... Another player i disliked was ricardo carvalho - the oj simpson of football..got away with murder

19. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    That's what I got with Xavi Hernandez, basically. The way he walks on field with his chin up high also makes him look extra arrogant. Pirlo doesn't exhibit that 'head up high' stance.
    On top of that, I don't like Xavi his pedantic attitude; both and off the field (in the media, with his holier-than-thou remarks).
    It's further enhanced by that he is always behaving like a teacher when there is some sort of row on the field - he tries to teach the opponent. And always the first to complain and harass the referee...
    So, what others have with Pirlo, I got with Xavi plus much more.

laudrup_10 repped this.
  20. darek27

darek27 Member

Aug 29, 2008
    Puck, why You don't like Messi ? I'm courious
    and do you like Cristiano ;) ?

21. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Players that I have disliked at various stages of their careers

Pepe, Van Bommel, Ramos, CR7, Robben, Sneijder, Simeone, Terry, A Cole, Juan, Figo, Drogba

I am sure there are more

22. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania

23. schwuppe

schwuppe Member+

Sep 17, 2009
    Club:
    FC Kryvbas Kryvyi Rih
    #23 schwuppe, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    All obscure players that have relatives (my explanation) dedicating all their posts to glorify and overrate their accomplishments/quality on internet message boards.

Sad thing they don't realize their effort are hurting instead of helping said player.

24. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    All the dirty players who shoulc think twice in changing career to ... kick boxing LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=============================================

And someone who thinks " Football is not for ballerinas" = so do what I can

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

========================================

and some even think Football is a swimming pool ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Jaweirdo repped this.
  25. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Magico?

schwuppe repped this.