Next gen Xbox

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Dills, Apr 24, 2013.

1. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #401 General Disarray, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    my wife got me turtle beach X12's for christmas, they are around 60 bucks at gamestop. I really like the sound they put out, they fit comfortably. I like the volume controls for both the game sounds and gamer chat.

Dills repped this.
  2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice. Thx.

If I get a "universal" headset, I'll also need to shell out $25-30 for the Xbone controller adapter.

3. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #403 General Disarray, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    so if I get a Xbone, I will need an adapter to use the turtlebeaches?

and the price for the headphones is 60, not 20....

4. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, if you want to use third party headphones you need to use this new adapter.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset-adapter#fbid=z07wq7gdNMo

It's only $25 from the Microsoft online store (currently out of stock) ... $50+ on Amazon for some reason, but only $30 at Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adapter/113825

5. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's good info to know thanks, when I game at night I use my headphones so I don't wake anyone.

6. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, that's why I'm seriously considering picking up a decent, rather inexpensive pair. I game at night, mainly when my kids are sleeping, but when volume is low enough to not disturb anyone, it's too quiet for me to really hear much.

7. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't used the headset provided to listen to game audio; don't know if you even can, but I'm happy with it for chatting.

8. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how are you liking them? I got my first pair of gaming headphones for Christmas, and I don't think I can game without them now...

Dills repped this.
  10. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really digging them, although I don't have anything to really compare them to. Didn't have a ton of time to break them in last night, so only continued a portion of the BF4 campaign, but I can honestly say I think it helped me recognize where enemies were in the world. I'm with you, I can't see myself playing anything (especially an FPS) without them now.

11. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first mp match I played using my turtle beach headset on the 360 was amazing, it gave me a huge advantage being able to hear other players footsteps clearly. Definetly give Wartapes a shot for your audio option in BF4 mp, Dills. I loved using that setting on Bad Company 2.

12. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember the wartapes setting in BF3, didn't realize it was in BF4. Never used it, as far as I remember. What is that, anyway?

13. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An audio option that adds a bit more back ground sound to the game. I really dug the extra chatter that was added in BC2.

Dills repped this.
  14. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bought the One/Titanfall bundle about 7 hours ago, left a very sour taste in my mouth...will explain later....

15. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ruh roh, Rorge.

16. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quite the cliffhanger huh...

so I get the system unbox it and hook everything up I power it on...answer the first couple of questions and established my internet connection....then I get this screen..... xbox.JPG

Hmmm...ok I check my connection and it's fine, try again...this screen pops back up? try again....same thing rinse and repeat....so I get online to troubleshoot, I go to xbox.com, Live is up and running so that's not the problem I'm thinking great, I got a busted system and I'm going to have to take it back...through xbox.com they have the option to chat with a rep for help, after a 30 min wait someone finally gets to me....bottom line what I eventually had to do was get an flash drive to download the update and upload it onto the One...and now it runs like a champ....but it was very frustrating to say the least....

17. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    did you do a "hard boot"? (Hold the console xbox button for about 10-15 seconds until it reboots.)

18. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, that was part of my troubleshooting....

based off the chat I had with the Live rep I'm not the first one with this update issue and he said that their "engineers" are working on the problem

19. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cons: you had to deal with that ish
    Pros: you're part of the fold now

20. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yup I'm in...didn't get a chance to do much with it this weekend...completed the training in Titanfall....hoping to get some more time in this weekend...

NORML repped this.
  21. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple of questions on the One. Where do you have your Kinect located, above or below the tv? My tv is thin so not sure I can place it on the tv. And if I'm not home is my wife able to sign into my name and watch Netflix, or does she have to make her own account? I was trying to get her to use the voice commands but it wouldn't work for her.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have my Kinect below my tv on the tv stand.

As for Netflix, she can use your account, or if you want to create an account for her you can. It's free, and a gold membership will work on any family member.

General Disarray repped this.
  23. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    General Disarray repped this.
  24. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://majornelson.com/2014/05/13/delivering-more-choices-for-fans/

Xbox now offering a Kinect-less console for $399. A standalone sensor will be available in the Fall.

Games with Gold comes to the Xbone starting in June. First two games will be Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault.

Anyone with an XBL account (not just gold) will soon have access to entertainment apps:

25. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, all that remains from the original x1 reveal is the hdmi-in? I like my x1; play it more than my ps4 (mainly thanks to Titanfall), I want it to a solid life, but dang MS has been digging themselves out of a hole from the very beginning. I sure hope they are getting this news out of the way to make room for some huge exclusive game reveals at E3.

From someone who hasn't bought either title but had a bit of interest in trying them out, not a bad start for the program on the x1. Be interesting to see if it'll be two games every month or if that is just for June and the kick-off. What I'm really looking forward to is the Gold member deals on retail games being hinted.