Grande Alvaro - Alvaro Morata Thread[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    #201 mymy33, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Sometimes it's unwarranted I'll agree but in this case the shoe fits perfectly. You can't have it both ways, you get on Benz supporters for the "facts" they use to defend him then turn around and do the same thing for Morata.

No it doesn't, again more than anything it shows how easy it is to take stats out of context. If Marca didn't have an agenda they would throw out results from players, like Morata, who hadn't played a minimum number of minutes.

So you lean towards the other end of of the extreme spectrum and hang your argument that he can play for us on this weak stat?

Morata belongs here ultimately and is capable of contributing here at a high level, I personally don't need an out-of-context stat to back up my opinion.

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That golazo he scored after the hair cut has brought back his confidence. The finishing of his past three goals has been superb.

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata is always a danger of scoring. He's the best possible sub striker you could have. Does his job, doesn't make too much noise. Hold on to him, in two years the roles between him and Benzema will be reversed.

4. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
  5. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    +1, that was an incredible assist from Illarramendi .

6. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I think by now he has shown Ancelotti that he desereved more trust to start with, but I can't blame Ancelotti for trusting others, who have performed well through the whole season more.

I love Morata and I think he will eventually be the number 9 at Real Madrid, but to be fair, he wasn't doing himself favours in certain games. Either way that's the past, he's seeing more minutes (might be only due to injures?) and performing like many of us knew he could. He should definately stay for the following season.

7. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Others who have performed well " throughout the whole season" like Benzema? Let's not try to start this he didn't take his chances when they came bullshit, like weak stats, I can't take that nonsense either.

8. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Ofcourse, but Benzema has Zidane backing him up and will play regardless what, Alvaro doesn't. I for one thought Morata was a bit underwhelming in his appearances, but then again I was spoiled, because I've seen him with Castilla and Spain. But to your point, the time he got wasn't exactly enough to prove me wrong. Either way, that's under the rug and the boy is doing fine.

9. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    In an entire season, he gets 265 minutes as a second striker , that is quite appalling

10. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Every striker needs a bit of luck on his side when it comes to goals. A scoring drought and people immediately start panicking. Sometimes the ball just doesn't want to go in, but to anyone who understands the game, the quality of Morata should have been obvious. Even when he was missing chances and making mistakes in his decisions.

madridista_hr repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata as the main striker in 2014/15!

raven3k repped this.
  12. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Inter/ Juve interested in him according to the latest rumours

13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    lets hope he sees his career as long term and can accept that it will take time to work himself into the lineup. I wouldn't be opposed to a season long loan as I think he will struggle next year for time with Jese coming back but I also don't want to let him go either, he's going to be an incredible player if he gets consistent minutes.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not up to him.

15. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His time on the pitch has been gradually growing each season, proportionally to his performances. It would be stupid that both him and the club would want to part ways. If this development continues, in the next few seasons he will share minutes fairly with Benzema and after that when he reaches his prime, he will be our first choice #9. Why would anyone want to change this course of history? I don't want a new striker, simple as that. Get Pogba this summer and thats it.

16. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    People are still talking about this guy ? :)

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Give me 5 reasons why i shouldn't delete this reply and give you points for blatant trolling and flame baiting.

Lyra and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  18. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There's only 1 reason ( You're free to give me points for blatant trolling and flame baiting - not that I care). The guy has done nothing to merit such praise. I have said it before that I admire his spirit and bravery, but I said the same thing about Granero. Spirit and bravery will only take you so far. There's skill and intelligence or footballing IQ which he lacks.

Jese, on the other hand, is a wonderful talent that we should all take very seriously. If he is not going to be playing for this team the next couple of seasons he needs to be loaned - the guy can only get better playing against professional players ( in a pressure environment) in a top-tier league.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You forgot to mention that all the skill in the world couldn't help in front of determination and spirit when it came to it.

[​IMG]

Alvaro would be starting for Italy based on the lack of skill and talent that many other Italian strikers had in the past. Wearing that number 9 shirt. No wonder half the Serie A is after him. Most well rounded young striker out there right now. Streets ahead of players like El Sharaaway who are as old as him with twice as much hype.

20. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is a post I enjoyed. This is more classical banter that made Bigsoccer good. Thanks !

Let me firstly address the epidemic of Italian talent: We've suffered through that in in the past, Germany has too, but countries with history step up to the moment and go far in competitions. In the 2002 WC final , with a very poor team Germany only lost 2-0 against one of the most talented attacking Brazilian teams of all time. I would not be surprised to see Italy go to the Semi-final or final. That's the nature of "big" teams. Italy ( backed by their WC's) are the 2nd best International team historically.

As for Morata, the guy is just not that good. There is no proof I could throw at you (as he is raw), but I'll put a player to compare him to that I'm confident he will never be able to match: Soldado. Soldado has had a relatively good career, and Morata will never surpass that. Let's give him 3 years to prove me wrong. I hope he does as he's a kid that has a lot of hype around him and plays the right way, but I just do not see the talent. Looks like another Alberto Bueno to me.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Three years? So at age 24 morata will have to have achieved more than Soldado has at 28?

Morata is one goal short of Roberto Soldado's Osasuna season, which was his first full Primera Division season, in less games, with ridiculously fewer minutes played. The best League performance of Soldado was 24 goals, which was in his final season at Valencia, by then a fixed starter in various club for multiple years, scoring 15 to 20 goals a season.

Unless Morata faces an injury, those are numbers he can beat or play up to.

madridista_hr and temesgen repped this.
  22. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Assuming your comment is correct 3 years is plenty of time to evaluate the player and make a judgement about him. The age of 24 is a pretty good barometer for footballing talent I think. Of course there are exceptions, but exceptions are not the rule.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Diego Costa tripled his numbers from one season to the other, and he's neither extremely "skilled" or "intelligent". It's mostly motivation and great form sustained for a long period of time.

24. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like I said in the comment before: exceptions are not the rule. Dani Guiza who I know you hate had one amazing season in La Liga, that's exactly where Diego Costa is. Someone will overpay for him.

25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata does have the skill and intelligence to be a great striker. He will be Madrid starter for sure in a few years, unless Florentino does the stupid thing and ships him off.

And Balotelli is a phenomenal striker.