Review: Primera A League Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by NYC_COSMOS, Jan 23, 2011.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Newell's has kind of fallen off... after they lost to EL MAS GRANDE on Wednesday, they lost the clasico v. Central today. Granted they didn't have Maxi for either match, they still have only raked up 3 wins in 12 games played this season.

Whats going on @cigar_city ?

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Orion v. River
    Barovero v. Belgrano
    Guzman yesterday v. Atl. Nacional

What's going on with our local keepers? Sabella and Romero must be smiling.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Javi Garcia of Tigre just had another strong game with nice saves. Call em up Sabella! :D

5. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Se fue el tecnico de Nulz chau Berti

6. brunotostesc

brunotostesc New Member

Apr 18, 2014
    Club:
    Atletico Belo Horizonte
    Marchesin is playing very well, he should be the Argentina`s goalkeeper in the WC.

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol Marchesin better than Chichizola? Riiiigghhhht :rolleyes:

Chichi= CRACK

Moishe repped this.
  8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I almost spit an 18 year old single malt on my screen. Little late for an April fools joke.

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What an amazing golazo from Lucas Licht yesterday... Gimnasia trying to lose their V-Card and win their first every League Title

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentinos has official descended to the Nacional B.

Good riddance!

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    cigar_city and SupaMario repped this.
  13. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #1138 Ron Mexico, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    Who thought this was a good idea?!!!

Look on the bright side guys. Ferro is only 5 points away from the 10th place promotion back to primera!!!

and Independiente will be promoted thanks to the AFA because clearly they needed help.

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well the 10 teams that go up aren't based on this season, but on a 6-month tournament starting in August played between 22 teams (the 19 that remain in la B and the 3 that go down from Primera in June).

Knowing Independiente, though, I don't even know if they'll manage to finish within the top 10. :D

I kid, they should. I mean, it's half of the damn division who will come up! It seems the 3 points they gifted them on Sunday with that nonexistent penalty were still not enough to put them in a promotion spot, so Grondonita had to find a way around it all. If not, I wouldn't have been surprised if Independiente stayed in the second division for 5 years.

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The most disgraceful part of it all is that it is actually going to cost the clubs money... In the current format, teams have 19 home games per season/year under this absurd invention of Grondona we will have only 15...

Its beyond words how stupid this is.

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing I don't understand is how they will determine who plays a home game. If there are 30 games, that means there won't be a home/away format, making it possibly easier for some teams. It's not the same to play a season without having to visit Newell's in el coloso, or Colon in el cementerio de los elefantes, or the teams with small fields like Argentinos and Olimpo. Depending on the scheduling, some teams may be benefited depending on who they face on their road games and who they receive at home.

Not to mention the clasicos! River, Boca, Newells, Central, Gimnasia, Estudiantes, Racing, Independiente, etc. should all get a chance to host a clasico in front of their people, but if it's only one per year that means one of the two archrivals will have an advantage.

This whole thing is confusing. I need to read the actual tournament guidelines because I don't quite fully understand how the tournament and liguilla will work, but on first impression there seem to be a lot of flaws.

cigar_city repped this.
  17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm so disgusted by it, I'm actually not gonna read how it works for a while. I want to enjoy these last two normal tournaments before the surreal championship begins in February 2015....

Seriously... Instead of copying the best and most successful leagues in the world, we invent stupider tournaments each time...

If it actually happens, it going to be a real disaster. And the worst part is, it would be impossible to revert the situation.

Whoever the next AFA President is, would then have to descend 10 teams to the Nacional B in order to restore normality to Argentine football, something that would be very hard to pass on a vote.

cigar_city repped this.
  18. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Leave it to Grondona and the AFA to make things worse.

I read on Marcelo Sottile's Twitter that it's 30 teams in 1 group, with 29 matches and an extra round of matches for clasicos? Does the AFA even understand the format?

locoxriver repped this.
  19. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As simple as that.

20. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont think this is THAT bad. Its not exactly desireable, but when I saw the idea of the playoffs in it I was worried. a 30 game longish tournament will be tolerable.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am wondering how it will work as well, it seems like a bunch of drunk friends got together who thought this would be a great idea without hashing having a proper foundation.

locoxriver repped this.
  22. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It would kind of make some sense it if had some playoffs. They are trying to follow the American sports model, creating big playoff matches full of hype and excitement. Other football associations in the Americas utilize playoffs too.

But I'm not defending this either way. This won't work because Don Fat Bastard will always be president and he'll keep coming up with more dumb ideas, and No one will do anything about it because they are scared of the racist, xenophobic senile fat ********!!!

locoxriver repped this.
  23. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Today, a few hours ago, I spoke with the president of Atlético Tucumán, one of the biggest sponsors in favor of this shit, and he cleared all my doubts: This is going to suck badly.

Bostero818 repped this.
  24. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How'd you slide to do that?

25. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm part of Interior Futbolero, a web/radio/tv show about B Nacional and below (Argentino A, Argentino B, Torneo del Interior) that focus on the clubs of the interior of Argentina. He was the main defender yesterday in AFA, when presidents of other clubs wanted to question the project... We interviewed him today, if you want i'll later post the mixcloud link.

One of the main arguments they have is the "federalization" of Argentina's football. Hearing this guy is impossible not to realize that's complete bullshit.

locoxriver repped this.