2014 Dallas Cup Results and Discussion

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sup Bro, Apr 13, 2014.

1. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    wish my state had tws

USAMEX10 and Sup Bro repped this.
  2. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    That ball had eyes. Rolls through everyone for a breakaway. Who said Castano sucked?

3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Thought Brown and Shaq were both so-so this one. And we really missed anyone in the MF holding and threading the ball at least to the corners. Oh well, snuck it out.

4. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Perhaps the only two hours I've not hated Time Warner in the past 2o years.

dwsmith1972 and derek750 repped this.
  5. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did. Thought he looked shaky coming off his line. Proved me wrong.

6. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Be interesting to see who we start on Sunday, Gooch and Moore both looked really tired. Steffen or Castano?

If Acosta doesn't play for FC Dallas on Saturday, I'm sure he'll back for the final.

Thought the Miazga/Amick duo played well, especially once we went down a man.

7. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand the change in tactics down a man but the midfield was pretty abysmal. Also some silly turnovers, just dumping the ball up field to no one late in the 2nd half. Chalk it up as immaturity since they're young. Moore had his hands full against #7, very quick, skilled and could cross.

8. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    This team was stuck together with spit and glue. EPB at DM. No Acosta, No Arriola. Were they sent home? Didn't see them on the bench. We dominated them in First Half. We looked great. Absolutely deserved second yellow to EPB for kicking the ball away at 48 min. I'm not a homer. We closed up shop and just defended perfectly for 45 minutes. Last second goal to Flumy on last shot. Early Red to Flum on a semi breakaway then all hell broke loose. Off post, PK saved, scored, break away, Castano hockey kick save. Great win.

9. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Castano and Rubin were easily the Americans' best players today.

10. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did Miazga look?

11. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Gooch was pretty much invisible.

12. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Arriola went back to Tijuana, and Acosta was called back for FC Dallas but they are playing at home. So we could see Acosta if he doesn't play for FC Dallas.

13. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Castano just looks more sophisticated. Kinda like Rimando. Great kicker of the ball. Steffen is a great athlete but he plays the position being physical. You can tell Castano played field positions growing up.

14. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I dare you to say one good thing about a US player. Anyone, Anything.

BLewis1968 repped this.
  15. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Looked pretty good, like his size and moves well for his size.

16. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My criticism on the keeper was fairly early in the game. I should have waited until the game ended to make that comment.

But I do stand by the midfield being disappointing. Rubin is a player. Spencer plays like Brian Ching, links up well.

SUDano repped this.
  17. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I'd like to think I'm pretty objective and if someone was poor I'd say so. He is simply a very good CB. Tall, Mobile, Ball skills. You should look forward to a good young player in the next few yrs. On last second goal can't remember where he was but I think they threw 3 runners for 2 CBs.

18. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    It's definitely hard to judge Gooch totally as he's playing out of position compared to where he plays with Sunderland, but he busts his ass off (opposite of Gall), and he seems to be a good switcher of the field.

Read a good quote from someone on twitter that Gooch looks like a rugby player stature wise, he's built like a brick for his height.

USAMEX10 repped this.
  19. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    He's definately not your physical prescence out there. More of a finesse GK. Great hands, very good positioning, great savvy. I like him overall. Hopefull his physicality gets better.

20. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    I don't even know how in the 1st Half you could've criticized Castano. He had a shaky play early in the 2nd Half on a cross in the air, but that was really about it negatively.

21. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    For me he really stuck this team together. He has heart.

22. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    What is Gall's issue. He's like a Prima Donna out there. He floats, and floats and floats.........then gets ball then loses it then jogs. All game long.
    PS Forgot to give him credit for the great free kick to on Spencer's header goal.

23. UcIceD2011

UcIceD2011 Member+

Jul 10, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Seemed like he was lollygagging throughout the game. This was my first time watching him so I will reserve judgement but I was expecting a little more from a player characterized by Ramos as "special."

24. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USAMEX10 and Hararea repped this.
  25. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On that Flum goal Moore was turned and abused pretty badly.