World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is there any way you can post a picture of the ones you did for 98 World Series and US Open??? I'd be interested to see how these were done, as this sounds like an awesome idea.

2. DKutulsa

DKutulsa Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Does anyone know if there is a way to check our seat numbers on fcfs tickets, I was so excited when I got them in my cart that I didnt even look.

3. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  4. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sure, here it is. I just took this pic as it's in my office. It's signed by Scott Brosius (WS MVP) with tickets for the 2 games I went to in SD (Games 3 and 4). Sorry for the crappy shot with the glare, but you get the idea. I have since bought tickets for Games 1 and 2 also (Yanks won 4 games to 0) and someday I plan to have my guy redo it with all 4 tickets.

The US open one is actually much nicer, but it's hanging in my house and I'm at the office.

[​IMG]

5. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually I have the digital mock-up of the '08 Open on my computer which I did which I gave to my framing guy. It gives you an idea. I do the designs in Visio with dimensions, and he builds the pieces. I just used scans of the tickets and a downloaded jpg of the poster for the mock-up. This was the Open here in SD that Tiger won with the broken leg and it went 5 days (thus 5 tickets) because they played the 2 man playoff round on Monday.

The actual thing is 100x better. The greens are darker and the poster is beautiful, as are the tickets. Also, he used this awesome wood frame, so the thing turned out amazing. it's the only sports memorabilia my wife permits to hang in the living room! The rest go in the hallway and spare bedroom.

[​IMG]

6. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just picked up my tickets at Iberapuera in Sao Paulo. They were very organized and the facility was quite nice. Made a reservation for 5PM and was a little early. Waited in line for 20 mins and got the tickets. Need to bring proof that you are the person on the ticket. If not, the process is more tedious. But all I had to show was my green card (proof for CAT 4 tic) and give them the ticket order number. Printed them out on the spot. If you pay with a CC you can walk straight up to the 15 or so kiosks and pick them up with that CC. So no ID check or anything there as long as you are not WC or O category.

Losts of people were pissed however when they realized that they payed mega bucks for CAT 1 tickets and are sitting in corners. These are soccer fans. They know what good seats are.

Open to questions.

leonidas and Miggy repped this.
  7. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess this is about tickets so it's not really off topic, but apologies to anyone not interested in this. Obviously, I am interested and probably a few others.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT selling these or in any way posting this for me to make money! I am doing it to just give some ideas of some of the cool things you can do with your tickets after the WC. I'm not even volunteering to help design anything, but I'm willing to share what I do if anyone is interested.

I wanted to post this last one as this is more along the lines of what I think I'm going to do for the 2014 WC piece I'll eventually design and have made. This was for the inaugural World Baseball Classic in 2006. This is the most complex piece I ever designed and had made, as it has 24 individual holes cut into the matte. My framer wanted to kill me after he finished it. The top has each of the 16 countries' cloth flag patches and the WBC patch. I used 4 of my tickets for the 2 semi final games and the finals. The bottom has 6 pins set back, including the Japan championship pin I got later. I used a free poster they gave out as the main part.

Again, this is the digital mock-up I gave to the framer so he'd make it to my spec. The real one is again 100x better. If there is interest, I'll take a photo of the real one at home this weekend and can post it or send it in a PM/e-mail to anyone who wants to see what's possible with tickets, pins, patches, posters, etc.

[​IMG]

8. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    So no able-bodied person with a CC payment using the auto kiosks had to show any ID? I want to pick up tickets from my girlfriends account before she arrives in Brasil, and the notary here in the UK wants £200 to provide the documents Fifa say are necessary.

Would be great if you could clarify this.

9. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you use the same cc then yes. I did not do that but they were telling everyone in the link e the same. Typical ACGreen disclaimer applies.

10. joshuap

joshuap New Member

Mar 19, 2014
    If we are having someone pick up the tickets for us, could someone please provide the exact details (or link) as to what needs to be notarized? My understanding is a copy of the credit card used for purchase and photo ID (passport) must be notarized. What about the confirmation of tickets (email etc.). Thanks in advance

11. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are the size of airplane tickets but nicer card stock.

12. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They don't really check if you have an appointment. It is essentially just a slightly shorter line. If you miss appointment you just show up anytime in normal line.

13. Zakkaa

Zakkaa New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Do tickets have guest names on or do all tickets have the main applicant's name?

Pablo Garces repped this.
  14. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. They have guest names. Also, they take your picture when you pick them up at the counter. I assume the kisk also snaps a picture. Looking at the ticket, it contains a large RFID chip in the middle of it. My bet is if there is a problem, they rap that sucker on the reader and bam they have a photo of the guy that bought it from FIFA.

Now let's see if that gets the worriers a worryin'....

15. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you use the machines yourself just to see how they work? I have two PMA tickets and the rest are regular. Does it let u choose which to print out?

16. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. I paid with a boleto here in Brazil. I assume you can print out some subset of tickets. They go by ticket request number. If all your tickets are on the same number, I assume you would have to take them all. If they are from different rounds or transactions, I think you could just get the tickets from the round you prefer.

17. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    could you tell if anyone using the kiosks could select which tickets to print? or do they all get printed automatically?

I would have to say the pic/RFID is in case your ticket gets stolen?

Here's what I previously found on the fifa site for picking up tickets in another name, good as a backup plan, but I'll surpass this and use a kiosk with the credit card:

"Either yourself or someone authorized by you. However, please note that in case you wish the Tickets to be collected by a third party, such third party must be duly authorized by you by means of a notarized and specific power of attorney and notarized copies of both yours and the third party’s identification documents with embedded photographs."

18. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can see the camera at the top of the screen.

19. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok. So all you do is insert your CC and then choose your ticket request number, it snaps a picture, and you get your tickets? cool

20. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    if it goes by ticket request number, thats good since the last fcfs sale was one game per request. Pretty screwed for earlier rounds...I'll be printing quarter finals way too early :/

21. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is it does not give that info. If not, you could use stolen cc from arriving gringo to get tickets. Assume you will type in the tct number.

22. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Holy sh*t These are all amazing man!!!! Wow. I'm very impressed, and thanks for sharing this with us. I would love to see the finished product, if you care to snap a pic and PM me the image. You've got some artistic talent to design something like that. Now i'm starting to brainstorm what mine is gonna look like when I finish with it.. haha mine will prob look like something a child made. haha, but oh well, it's all about that sentimental value. I was thinking something along the lines of a World Cup poster, the US jersey I'll be wearing to USA vs Germany, and the tickets to the games I'll be seeing. Trying to frame all of these in the same glass. Might be a bit tough with the jersey and all, but I'm sure they can pull it off with a deeper frame. Where can I find someone that can do this work for me? Do you just take your template design to any framing shop, and they can usually do it all?? Or did you find someone that specialized in framing sports memorabilia?

Thanks again for posting these, and mad props to you for the design. They look great! and I can imagine the finished product looks amazing.

23. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Now that tickets are being printed with seat and row numbers, is there anyone one could find seating charts for the stadiums that show the specific sections, rather than just by categories?

24. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. silicus

silicus Member