The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe it's time we set up a thread called "Roma tweets"

2. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    N0.

3. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like Paulinho is the guy they're targeting to replace Pjanic. His name seems to pop up a week after Pjanic contract rumors every time.

4. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    paulinho's not creative. he's box to box like Stroot and Radja

5. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    De Rossi earns 5 a year , Totti earns 3.2m a year , i think Maicon earns 3m too.

http://www.calciomercato.it/news/23...e-Rossi-a-Ljajic-ecco-tutti-gli-stipendi.html

De Rossi (6,5)
    Totti (4,5)
    Borriello (4)
    Maicon (3)
    Burdisso (2,4)
    Strootman (2,3)
    Gervinho (2,3)
    Pjanic (2,1)
    Ljajic (1,9)
    Castan (1,6)
    Balzaretti (1,5)
    Destro (1,3)
    Benatia (1,25)
    De Sanctis (1,1)
    Bradley (1,1)
    Torosidis (1)
    Taddei (1)
    Marquinho (0,85)
    Florenzi (0,65)
    Jedvaj (0,6)
    Dodò (0,5)
    Skorupski (0,4)
    Julio Sergio (0,35)
    Lobont (0,3)
    Romagnoli (0,25)
    Caprari (0,2)

6. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paulinho's different for sure, but I'm not sure he couldn't offer something in that same CAM role. I'd be worried about our possession play though.

Net. They take home that much. The PL wages are pre-tax.

7. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Pjanic plays in a very free flowing Bosnia offense , he could easily spike his value this summer , perhaps Roma will be in for a very nice payday

8. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    So I'm sure Roma could pay a 5 mil wage for one season if they sell a player or 2

9. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If we're talking pre-tax then double all of that.

10. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
  11. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paulinho is better in the final third than Strootman and Nainggolan. But not nearly as strong defensively.

12. davidcaspian

davidcaspian Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sal repped this.
  13. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Its nonsense. Dont believe everything you read.

Never heard of UOL Esporte anyway. What kind of source is that.

14. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Paulinho can be very good short term choice until Strootman recovers. I don't think this has anything to do with Pjanic's sale. I know Saba is very fond of him and was following him closely before Baldini stole him to Spurs.

15. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Paulinho and Pjanic don't play the same role , and Rudi will leave if we sell Pjanic without a good replacement , i just don't see Pjanic's sale happening , unless we get a TON out of it and buy someone just as good as him with the exact same qualities.

16. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's an understatement, I could come up with a very disappointing highlight real of some of our worst goals conceded and he's in the mix most of the time, he's easy to spot because he's the one jogging while others bust their ass.

As to the link, a loan for Paulinho is very unlikely but not as unlikely as when Lamela was linked for a loan. I just don't see it ever happening unless we sign another midfielder. Honestly I would be fine loaning him if his heart isn't in the fight if we got a true deep lying playmaker, Sandro was fit and Tom Carroll was back in the team. I'd argue it would be better for both sides.

Still I couldn't imagine THFC loaning a player who was our 3rd highest fee paid of all time, just for the hell of it. Maybe a loan will be to reduce the Lamela fee but other than that if he goes he'll be sold.

17. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Cheers for the update.

Not that this is relevant to this thread but my local team was just bought by City and we are waiting to see if they change everything about the club to be a Mini Manchester franchise outlet, which includes changing the colours from Red to lazio sky blue. Many are ready to revolt.

18. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I strongly hope we don't splash big on some wooden CF. It'd be usch a waste to bring ina third central attacker that would instantly relegate Totti + Destro to peripheral roles. Upgrade on the Ljajic/Florenzi situation would do wonders for our attack, hopefully with someone who has the intelligence to possibly play central if required but not solely a CF. What a waste that would be.

The smarter move would be to spend big on a CF in a year's time once Totti retires and we will also know by then just how Destro measures up.

La Magica repped this.
  19. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Is this some sort of semi pro club or something? Im having trouble understanding Why City would want to buy your club?

20. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Dzeko has link up play? I've heard it all now :p

21. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's talking about the A-league team, Melbourne Heart, which was bought out by the Man City ownership group. It's also the same group that owns NYCFC.

22. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    15 assists

23. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Watch him and tell me he's good at link up. I see with my eyes and dont need stats all times.

@Romanista89 said it perfectly, why spend so much money for a wooden player. Roma don't need that

wm72 and Romanista89 repped this.
  24. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Over how many years? From the stats I've read he has 11 league goals this season and 1 assist.

Guys like Dzeko just don't do it for me, they have to do more to be worth that kind of risk financially. Too often they are allowed to hide behind the lack-of-service excuse and pardoned for being invisible.
    Mandzukic I'd put in that category too.

Negredo (Borriello mk II albeit slightly better) and Diego Costa are strikers I'd also say are of the same mould (not so mcuh inst yle but in contribution to the general attack). Personally, I'd say the likes of Dzeko and Mandzukic and more versatile in their build-up than these two but still lacking.

And you can see how Destro's movement allows him to play with Totti still as the central figure in our attack, he has adapted well in that sense. I can't imagine any of those big names being able to do that in the slightest. We'd have to reshape our whole style of play under role to accomodate them.

I hope we sign some who is lightning quick. You can see with Gervinho alone how his pace frightens the life out of every defender in this league.

porreca, Vulpinous and wm72 repped this.
  25. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I pretty much agree with your overall post except mentioning Deigo Costa. He is not the typical striker, if anything he spent most of his career playing as winger or second striker. He was only forced to play as main striker when Falcao was sold.

He would've been a great addition last summer, although I have some reservations about his attitude. He is the kind of player we should be after, a mixture of winger/striker that can play both rules as needed. Can't think on any specific names though.