Clausura 2014

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Some breaking news Edwin Portillo has left Aguila.
    “@LPGdeportes: Edwin Portillo oficializa su salida como técnico de Águila: "No sigo en Águila. Mañana daré declaraciones".”

2. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    #127 slaminsams, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    I hate that are clubs are so poorly run even by concacaf standards. There is no reason Ues should stay up but firpo and aguila seem to be trying hard to make sure they do. I think Aguila staying up is better for our league but they sure go out of their way to show their incompetence

3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    At first I thought he left comes out he was let go. Pretty ridiculous if results was the cause as some news heads are pointing towards, at this point as much as I want UES to go down I don't really care all 3 clubs are doing a good job of continuing there free fall well ironically enough la U is sort of turning it around.

4. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    UES were just missing that coach that could get their potential out and they finally found it by hiring Iraheta renderos, Aguila are so frustrating for even a neutral such as myself they can play some great counter attacking plays and have a few great players (Christian Prette best foreigner so far this season, rudy valencia and others). While Firpo the blame is solely on the directors seriously how can you go from champions to near relegation in two season while still having the same squad ...plus the coaching merry go around has bee the worst (one hit wonder gamarra, cepedo who was always going to be in trouble regardless what he did since firpo was near the bottom, and now placing a huge burden on leonel carcamo to save them.

5. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    At this point I would rather see Aguila go down just to stick it there owners the team will never prosper if the keep meddling the way they do. As for Bochinche he was so excited to coach on of the big clubs only to be kicked out the back door shameful.

TL;DR Go Metapan

6. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    How did Peña do today with Fas? It's good to see they are giving him a shot however they should probably loan out a few of their young strikers

7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Didn't get to see the game will have to wait for some long highlights he played around 61 minutes.

8. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Round 11
    Metapan 0-2 Aguila (Aguila goalscorers: Jermaine Anderson 4 min and Álvaro Lizama 37 min)
    Highlights:

Santa Tecla 4-4 Alianza (Santa Tecla goalscorers: Edwin Sánchez 35 min, Ricardo Rerreira 60 min, William Maldonado 48 min and 68 min; Alianza goalscorer: Sean Fraser 16 min and 51 min, David Díaz 57 min, Isaac Portillo 91 min)
    Highlights:

UES 3-1 Firpo (UES Goalscorers: Eder Renderos 13 min, Gustavo Lopez 40 min, Miguel Solís 42 min; Firpo Goalscorer: Lester Blanco 66 min)
    Highlights:

Marte 1-2 FAS (Marte goalscorer: Edwin Benítez 55 min; FAS Goalscorers: Alexander Larín 43 min and Carlos Aparicio 83 min)
    Highlights:

Dragon 1-0 Juventud Independiente (Dragon goalscorer:Williams Reyes 5 min)
    Highlights:

9. TBR

TBR Member

Mar 15, 2007
    DMV
    Club:
    CD Aguila
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    To say the least, huge win for Aguila. Sanchez-Prette is so incredible. He may as well be the player-coach because the team rides and dies with him. I can't understand how he landed in El Salvador but I sure do hope he can be here for a couple more years.

10. William Flores

United States
    Apr 17, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    #136 BKR inC, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    He defintley favourite to win my best buy and top foreign player for this tournament (I haven't seen such a profound influence on a club since Paolo Suarez joined Metapan).
    Funny thing is he wasn't on the original three foreign players selected by Aguila (fortuately-or unfortunetly depending on who you are asking the brazilean Douglas cateano got injured and luckily Prette loan with Huracan of argentina finished and he became a free agent)

Other news
    Mikasa will be the new provider of balls in the Primera Division
    external links: http://www.edhdeportes.com/index.ph...-primera-division-se-jugara-con-pelota-mikasa

12. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Round 12 Results

Alianza 1-2 Aguila (Alianza goalscorer: Christian Yeladián 5 min; Aguila goalscorers: Ismael Rodríguez 43 min and Ronald Torres 65 min)
    highlights:

Firpo 1-0 Santa Tecla (Firpo goalscorer: Anel Canales 87 min)
    Highlights:

FAS 1-1 UES (FAS goalscorer: Alexander Larin 37 min; UES goalscorer: Iván Castro Suazo 11 min)
    Highlights:

Juventud 3-2 Marte (Juventud goalscorers: Yubini Salamanca 63 min, Juan Carlos Portillo 76 min and 81 min; Marte goalscorers: Erick Molina 38 min and Josué Hernández 60 min)
    Highlights:

Dragon 0-1 Metapan (Metapan goalscorer: Nicolas Munoz 78 min)
    Highlights:

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Alianza is challenging the result saying that Lizama shouldn't have played due to card accumulation he had 4 yellows and one more from a reserve game don't think they will win the appeal, but it will be interesting how the league handles this.

http://www.edhdeportes.com/index.ph...-lizama-podria-ser-visto-en-cinco-u-ocho-dias

http://www.edhdeportes.com/index.php/categoria-futbol-nacional/76-equipos/alianza/14170-pohl

In some weird news Rudy Valencia has been let go (early reports) by Aguila.
    http://www.edhdeportes.com/index.ph...aguila/14174-rudy-valencia-separado-de-aguila

Word going around he posted up some photos of himself in an Alianza jersey and that put him in hot water.

Staying with Aguila some worrisome news Misael Alfaro fainted around the end of practice and was taken to the hospital, thankfully he was responsive and is recovering.
    http://www.edhdeportes.com/index.ph...ael-alfaro-se-desmayo-en-el-entreno-de-aguila

14. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Round 13 Results

Metapan 2-0 Alianza (Metapan goalscorers: Héctor Ramos 66 min and 76 min)
    Highlights:

Aguila 2-2 Firpo (Aguila goalscorers: Abraham Amaya 53 min and Cesar Larios 59 min; Firpo Goalscorers: Lester Blanco 2 min and Xavier Garcia 57 min)
    Highlights:

Santa Tecla 5-2 FAS (Santa Tecla goalscorers: Facundo Simioli 21 min, Edwin Sanchez 30 min, Roberto Gonzales 47 min, Ricardo Ferreria 12 min and 86 min; FAS Goalscoers: Gonzalo Mazzia 11 min and Carlos Aparacio 77 min)
    Highlights:

UES 0-2 Juventud Independiente (Juventud Goalscorers: Israel Landaverde 25 min and Emanuel Osorto 90 min)
    Highlights:

Dragon 2-2 Marte (Dragon goalscorers:Jorge Umanzor 18 min and William Reyes 62 min; Marte goalscorers: Henry Escobar 30 min and Mario Martínez 67 min)
    Highlights:

15. William Flores

United States
    Apr 17, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with 3 rounds left to play..

Clausura 2014
    1. FAS 26 pts
    2. Metapan 25 pts
    3. Juventud 21 pts
    4. Dragon 20 pts
    5. Aguila 18 pts
    6. Firpo
    7. Santa Tecla
    8. Marte
    9. Alianza
    10. UES

Accum.

1. FAS 54 pts
    2. Juventud 51 pts
    3. Metapan 51 pts
    4. Marte 49 pts
    5. Dragon 42 pts
    6. Alianza 39 pts
    7. Santa Tecla 35 pts GF: 44 GA: 50 GD: -6
    8. Aguila 35 pts GF: 33 GA: 39 GD: - 6
    9. UES 32 pts GF: 36 GA: 8 GD: -12
    10. Firpo 32 pts GF: 31 GA: 51 GD: -20

Cmon Firpo:sick:

16. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    I like that a lot of clubs are in relegation trouble those clubs deserve to be anyway

17. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Perhaps every club should be recruiting like if they were facing relegation (because this time around all the team in the relegation have shown glimpses of great attacking flair and choosing coaches that fit the club style).

Also biggest concern how bad have the keepers been this season...for the first time in a long time if you asked who would be keeper for the national team i would be clueless

18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I think they should bring back the relegation playoff for the next to last team again. My other main concern is with the coaching switch at Aguila will this lead to a even worse way to just throw away coaches as compared to before and it was bad prior to start.

Ditto on the keepers heck not even Derby is an option since he has been playing with amateur teams prior to the Silverbacks plus read he was subbed out due to injury don't know how bad. So far the keeper from Metapan has the advantage of being very tall as compared to the rest or the keepers but I feel he needs a bit more seasoning. Looks like what Israel mentioned by wanting a school for keepers should have happened but alas years later and nothing.

19. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Just gonna put this here....

20. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Lol Santa Tecla is quite possibly the worst team to get a parameter against quite possibly the most inconsistent team in the first division now if they faced say FAS or Metapan then yeah.

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Copied and pasted it from Legionarios page on facebook.

I don't know if yall know this, but this isn't our best U-20 team. This is like the first experiment of kids, theres about 7-9 kids who can and should make the final U-20 list when its said and done, so not a lot of people are taking these friendly results serious. I think the hype comes from the fact that a lot of these kids have not trained together as a team prior to these friendlies so to get called-up so suddenly from their respective clubs where most if not ALL get significant playing time and get some cool results.. feelsgoodman.jpeg notbad.pdf

This is a pretty promising generation all BS aside lol.

mavericks67 repped this.
  22. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Round 14 results

FAS 1-0 Aguila (FAS Goalscorer: Alexander Larin 36 min)
    Highlights:

Atletico Marte 2-2 Metapan (Marte goalscorers: Franklin Lemus 2 min and Erick Molina 70 min; Metapan Goalscorers: Marvin Monterrosa 72 min and Nicolas Munoz 87 min)
    Highlights:

Firpo 1-2 Alianza (Firpo goalscorer: Medardo Guevara 77 min; Alianza goalscorers: Sean Fraser 38 min and Hugo Alejo 44 min)
    Highlights:

Juventud Independiente 1-0 Santa Tecla (Juventud goalscorer: Yubini Salamanca 51 min)
    Highlights:

Dragon 2-2 UES (Dragon goalscorers: Jhonny Ríos 76 min and William Reyes 86 min; UES Goalscorers: Cristin Gil 4 min and Iván Castro Suazo 78 min)
    Higlights:

Clausura Table
    FAS 29 points (needs one point in the enxt four game to assure cqualification)
    Metapan 26 points
    Juventud 24 points
    Dragon 21 points
    Aguila 18 points
    Firpo 17 points
    Santa Tecla 16 points
    Alianza 16 points
    Marte 15 points
    UES 12 points

Aggregate table
    FAS 57 points *
    Juventud 54 points *
    Metapan 52 points *
    Marte 50 points *
    Dragon 43 points
    Alianza 42 points
    Santa Tecla 35 points
    Aguila 35 points
    UES 33 points
    Firpo 32 points

(* safe from relegattion)

Teams last four games
    Round 15 Round 16 Round 17 Round 18
    FAS (A vs Alianza, H vs Firpo, H vs Metapan, A vs Juventud)
    JI (A vs Aguila, H vs Alianza, A vs Firpo, H vs FAS)
    Metapan (H vs Firpo, A vs UES, A vs FAS, H vs Santa Tecla)
    Dragon (A vs Santa Tecla, H vs Aguila, A vs Alianza, H vs Firpo)
    Aguila ( H vs Juventud, A vs Dragon, H vs Marte, A vs UES)
    Firpo (A vs Metapan, A vs FAS, n H vs Juventud, A vs Dragon)
    Marte (A vs UES, H vs Santa Tecla, A vs Aguila, H vs Alianza)
    Alianza (H vs FAS, A vs Juventud, H vs Dragon, A vs Marte)
    Santa Tecla ( H vs Dragon, A vs Marte , H vs UES , A vs Metapan)
    UES (H vs Marte , H vs Metapan, A vs Santa Tecla, H vs Aguila)

slaminsams repped this.
  23. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Round 15 Results

Metapan 0-0 Firpo
    Highlights:

Alianza 0-0 FAS
    Highlights:

Aguila 1-1 Juventud Independiente (Aguila goalscorer: Ronald Torres 47 min; Juventud goalscorer: Óscar Cerén 15 min)
    Highlights:

Santa Tecla 2-0 Dragon (Santa Tecla goalscorers: Roberto González 70 min and Ricardo Ferreira 85 min)
    Highlights:

UES 1-0 Marte (UES goalscorer:Cristian Gil Mosquera 36 min)
    Highlights:

Grimmjow316 repped this.
  24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You I would like to know the exact reason as to why Xavi Garcia is taking PKs instead of on the freaking strikers who barely have 3-4 goals combined amongst the entire team, I mean if anything try to give them cats confidence. Oh we'll I'm more than content with either Firpo or Aguila going to la segunda, especially since both have received some help from them refs.

25. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Round 16 Results

FAS 2-1 Firpo (FAS goalscorers: Jonathan Águila 43 min and 54 min; Firpo Goalscorer: Emerson Véliz 56 min)
    Highlights:

Juventud 0-0 Alianza
    Highlights:

Dragon 0-1 Aguila (Aguila goalscorer: Cristian Sánchez Prette 38 min)
    Highlights:

Atletico Marte 0-1 Santa Tecla (Santa Tecla goalscorer: Roberto González 82 min)
    Highlights:

UES 0-0 Metapan
    Highlights:

Notes
    Alejandro Bentos played his 400th game in the primera division
    External links: http://www.elgrafico.com/alejandro-bentos-llego-a-400-partidos-con-el-fas

Well with the victory, Santa Tecla have secured another year of football in the first division...Aguila have also preformed a miracle although firpo can still catch them if they win their next two games and Aguila don't earn any points in the next game (Aguila have a stronger goal and goal against ratio).
    The relegation battle is down between UES and Firpo, though UES have a four point buffer over Firpo and a victory on the weekend could secure UES another year of football.
    Firpo will need a major miracle to escape relegation they have to win the remaining two games, score alot of goal concede little and hope UES don't win either game.

aggregate table

Team pts
    7) Santa Tecla 41
    8) Aguila 39
    9) UES 37 (-11)
    10) Firpo 33 (-22)

Semi Final football which has been largely ignored since the battle of relegation has involved two of the big four, several teams are in with a chance of playing final football (although the only team eliminated from the race is Atletico Marte) I personally believe Alianza, UES and Firpo won't be making finals football either

FAS 33 *
    Metapan 28
    Juventud Independiete 26
    Santa Tecla 22
    Aguila 22
    Dragon 21
    Firpo 18
    Alianza 18
    UES 16
    Marte 15 x

we know one team has qualified (FAS) while Metapan only need one point from two games to secure qualification, Juventud need 3 points over the next tw games to secure qualification, while the real fight for the fourth spot is between Santa Tecla, Dragon and Aguila.
    Hard to call since Santa Tecla have secured survival they might peter out, Aguila might fight harder since they are still a mathematical chance of being relegated (though it a very small number), and Dragon are going through Ancheta syndrome (in which Ancheta team run out of steam towards the end of the seasons).

Next round (Round 17)

FAS vs Metapan
    Santa Tecla vs UES * (massive game santa tecla need points to qualify, UES victory will eliminate Firpo)
    Alianza vs Dragon
    Firpo vs Juventud * ( Another massive game Juventud need 3 points to qualify for finals football, Firpo need 3 points to maintian hope of staying in the first division).
    Aguila vs Marte

Second division news
    Brasilia players have not been paid in two months (their teams has dominated the second division and are hot favourite to win the clausura title)
    While Toplitzin have been accused of match fixing, since the score was 2-1 Toplitzin way, in the space of fifteen minutes they went on to lose the game 5-2.
    if it turns ut to be the case, i will be massively furious since My beloved Platense are fighting with ADI to maintain in the second division and they only have a two point advantage over ADI with one match remaining.
    Marte Soyapango have already been relegated to the third division