Official Iranian Players Abroad Thread Part 2 [R]

Discussion in 'Iran' started by ultracat-redded, Feb 28, 2008.

1. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Good to know. Thanks.

2. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    List of Iranians who are eligible to play for Iran and currently playing in decent European clubs (Did I miss any?)

Ashkan Dejagah (Wolfburg/Germany)
    Shervin Radjabali-Fardi (Alemannia Aachen/Germany)
    Agil Etemadi (Groningen/Netherlands)
    Reza Ghoochannejhad (Sint-Truiden/Belgium)

My question is why is only Dejagah called up? Aren't the rest worth a try out?

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Talk of a nose bleed.

4. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Again, Dejagah and Ghoochannejhad (Gucci) - or at least one of them - are likely to be called up and play after the Indonesia game. Provided they are still willing and there are no more paperwork obstacles in the way.

Weak sauce there buddy. Weak.

5. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those interested in American soccer, there a couple Iranian-Americans on US youth teams right now. Amir Bashti(San Jose Earthquakes; Cupertino, Calif.) has been called into multiple U15 camps and Danya Kafai(Juventus Sports Club; Redwood City, Calif.) is with our U17 national team in Bradenton Residency. Kafai started against Turkey and was a second half sub against Brazil over the weekend.

Quakesss repped this.
  6. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didier_Ya_Konan

The "Place of Birth" for Didier Ya Konan has to be a mistake...right? I mean, it also says he played for Sepahan youth...that can't be true, can it? haha

He's firmly in Ivory Coast's control anyways, kinda got a kick out of it though.

7. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Just a followup to my previous post. The local Iranian owned team in the Philippines, Pasargad FC, is looking for interested Iranians in the lower divisions in Iran who might be interested in playing in the top tier league of the Philippines, the UFL. Other teams have imported players from S Korea, Japan. Europe, US and Africa and Pasargad FC has not been able to keep up and is currently sharing last place in the 1st division. They were just recently promoted from the 2nd division. You can check the Philippine thread for current updates on how Pasargad FC is faring in the UFL.

There are currently no limitations in the UFL when it comes to imports and one team in particular, Nomads FC, one of the oldest clubs in Asian football history(founded in 1914), consists almost entirely of European, primarily British expatriates.

8. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He's Afghan, not Iranian. Even if he wanted to play for Iran, he would not be able to, based on FIFA rules. They go by nationality of the parents, not ethnicity etc.

10. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Oh my mistake, I looked at his name and automatically thought Iranian.

11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Dejagah just had an explosive debut for Fulham!!
    They won 1-0 over Aston Villa. He did not score, but surely was the difference that made them win.

Fulham fans dedicated a thread about him, and there's nothing but praise, calling for him to be a starter.
    http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=25514.0

nimaa repped this.
  12. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Gucci scored another brace today!

Mani and Team Melli forever repped this.
  13. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Multiple sources now reporting Arash Afshin is very close to joining Lille OSC. Apparently he was supposed to be in tryouts right now but CQ wanted him to stay in the camp and prepare for the Uzbekistan match. He's heading to France next week after the the Uzb game.

If true, we would actually have depth in our forward line. Can't believe we went from not having a single worthy forward to having 4 good fowards in just a few months.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  14. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Would be awesome if true.
    I just hope there will be no issue with sarbazi, similar to when Oladi was so close to signing with La Liga team Xerez.

15. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Sardar Azmoun to Rubin Kazan (Russian league).

16. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    And seems from Rubin to Arsenal :)

17. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    trust me u dont want him to go to arsenal. he wont get a single game with the forwards arsenal has now. look at ryo the japanese kid he is talented as hell and raped in the dutch league but wont get a single min. azmoun should stay in rubin or go to another club but arsenal

18. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

as great as this sounds for the young striker, i think it's better for him to stay at Rubin and be under Berdyev's tutelage (at least until post-2014 WC). Arsenal is notorious for purchasing strikers and not using them (might be a bit of a Korean bias because of the whole Park Chu Young incident).

I've seen some highlights of Azmoun and he seems promising BUT I feel like he should mature at Rubin first and then move to a bigger club (sort of like the path Keisuke Honda took).

Mani repped this.
  19. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Damn, it seems something is in movement.

According to Sardar himself in this interview, there are three clubs that are scouting and are serious about signing him. The clubs are Juventus, Milan and Arsenal.
    Some sources say that Rubin Kazan and Arsenal are in negotiations, and Rubin Kazan is demanding 3 million pounds to release him off his current contract with Rubin Kazan to Arsenal.
    Here's the interview with Azmoun, on navad

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=9585

Team Melli forever repped this.
  20. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Holy Shit!!!! He also said Barcelona was after him earlier but negotiations broke down due to rules/regulations not lack of interest. I was shocked when I heard that, do we have the next Messi on our hand?

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  21. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Ryo gets injured a lot and his technical skills is lacking but luckily he is still not that old as he is 21 years old currently, he still can make a comeback to the EPL in 2-3 years time.

22. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Rumour has it that Arsenal made an offer between 2-4 million pounds for Azmoun that Rubin Kazan accepted, and that Azmoun will join Arsenal for the 2014/2015-season.

Nurafshon repped this.
  23. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  24. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Aria Jasuru Hasegawa, plays for Cerezo Osaka and is eligible to play for Iran or Japan.