Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich | UEFA Champions League Semi-Finals - 1st Leg|4.23.14[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I think the only thing we need to do is not allow Bayern to score more than one goal the first leg, anything else is gravy. All the pressure is on Bayern which means as long as we keep it close they will be forced to open up in Munich leaving all sorts of areas for our attackers to take advantage. Coming out with too much of an attack mindset could set us up for a high scoring draw or a close 3-2 win which just frocks us over really. Discretion is the better part of valor and all that jazz...

9Qui repped this.
  2. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Di Maria.

Hala Madrid!

Hendrix22 repped this.
  3. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I feel more pressure.

4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    That's something different, you'll be fine after you go to the bathroom.

5. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Your reputation as a grouchy and pessimistic fan is misunderstood. You have a big sense of humor too.

6. raul_elmatador

Jun 6, 2006
    Mumbai
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Will miss this match as I have a flight booked for the night to travel back home to Singapore :(:(....hoping to see anticule's BRO! BRO! WHERE'S THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD, WHERE THEY GO messages once I'm done watching and come here.

In all seriousness, will be praying that we get a decent 2-0/3-1 result :unsure:

meringues and anticule repped this.
  7. Xehanort

Xehanort Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Oct 7, 2013
    Mom's basement
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #32 Xehanort, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    I agree that putting in Ronaldo would hurt our defending, since he doesn't track back as well as he should (and it'd be way harder to do against a team like Bayern). But since he's still that one important player, who can make the key moment of a match easier than anyone else, what about this:

Casillas

Carvajal - Ramos - Pepe - Coentrão

Di Maria - Modric - Isco

Bale - Benzema - Ronaldo​

I know this may look like suicide, and I know the massive s***storm I just caused against myself, but please hear me out: Bayern are basically playing like Farça, but better and with a more "polished" tactic. Carvajal and Coentrão had recent amazing matches, so keeping them is a must. They defend really well, and know how to give the ball out to start an offensive transition. They can also go all out offense and contribute alot. Ramos and Pepe is an obvious combo, only put Varane if one's in danger of a red.

I know that midfield sounds absolutely insane, and it's quite possibly the weakest defensive midfield we could come up with, but I wouldn't call it unbalanced. All 3 of them know how to track back, keep the ball, build up a play and support up front. Isco and Modric were absolutely vital against Farça, they made key moves that helped our defense greatly. They kept the ball, built up nice counterattacks that were, sadly, wasted most of the time but still. Since Di Maria is now in center, our counterattack strength (the best one against Farça, and probably Bayern) is through the roof, and our work rate along with it! Now I understand our alternatives can be better, like starting Alonso instead of Isco, but since their styles are so similar (Farça and Bayern) I could see this work as well.

BBR is an obvious combo. If they do put Di Maria on the wing, Ronaldo should be our striker. I say this because Bale must play, he just has to. He proved that he can dramatically change the course of a game, in the blink of an eye. And THAT's one of the strenghts we should play for, and to do that I think that midfield can make the most out of it while still not compromising our defense in such a shocking manner.

Now I will admit I haven't watched all that many Bayern games this season, but I saw some severe flaws in their 1st game against United. They're not as "invincible" as they look...

-Fifth CharM- repped this.
  8. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have a bad feeling Xabi will be taken out of this game due to his slowness. I think the other two in the midfield should be Modric and Di Maria.

9. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    now way. Modric-Xabi-Di Maria will play. no doubt.

10. raul_elmatador

Jun 6, 2006
    Mumbai
    Club:
    Real Madrid

If CR7 is fit then this is the team that we should be playing....doubt it will happen though

11. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    "We" are using catenaccio against weak ass Barcelona and now all of a sudden "we" would use such unbalanced, FIFA14 line-up against Bayern? What`s the goal here - to fill Casilias like stuffed turkey till half time?

12. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Modric Xabi and Di Maria with Isco. 4-4-2 me

Throw in Bale and Benzema up top

Take Di Maria off for Ronaldo near the 65th unless their is an exception

backline is fine

Hendrix22 repped this.
  13. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    [​IMG]

anticule and Sudžuka repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Got to go with Di Maria in midfield. Nothing against Isco who has been fantastic but he could be a great assistance to us from the bench in this match.

So I would play....

Cristiano-Benzema-Bale
    Di Maria-Xabi-Modric
    Coentrao-Pepe-Ramos-Carvajal

We can't just throw Varane in now so we have to go with Pepe and Ramos. Let's hope they keep their mistakes to a minimum and don't do anything foolish/idiotic.

How would I play?

Almost the same against barca considering they play similar. I would pressure higher to disrupt and attack for the first 20 or so minutes then I'd sit deeper and counter to conserve energy. I would start each half like this and wouldn't divert unless some seriously bad stuff happens. One thing I would add however is long air balls. I know people complain about them, but we have to use prudence. If a team is weak to something, exploit it. They have struggled greatly with long balls and quicker/speedy attackers. We should mix some of those in so our attacks don't become predictable. Hopefully we'll catch them off guard and they make a mistake. Weird things happen when that ball is in the air.

MadridFan22304 and Crimson repped this.
  15. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    God just look at that pitch he's on... Id give my left but to play on that in my Sunday league

temesgen repped this.
  17. doyouevenlift?

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Grass is too long for Xavi to play on.

dmar and anticule repped this.
  18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Agree, they struggle with pace, that suits us well. It should be an interesting match up regardless of the outcome.

19. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It's really hard to say but put Di Maria as starter and Isco on the bench. Bring Isco on during the 60th minute. Isco provides great impact off the bench. Di Maria is instrumental for us on the counter and in defence so he needs to be starting. We Ronaldo on the counter.

20. Tamed Giraffe

Tamed Giraffe Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Wagga Wagga, NSW
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Xabi has been a weak link in our team. I would go with Di Maria - Modric - Isco in our midfield. Xabi almost ********ed it up towards the end of the last game wen he did a shit pass from outside his penalty box which allowed Barca to regain possession. His distribution of the ball has been dodgy and defensively hasn't been that great either. I don't see why Modric can't take over his role and do a much better job. It allows Isco to be in the team who has been a class player. However i understand if Ancelotti does pick Xabi as he has been part of the team setup now and changing too much to the team before a big game against Bayern might harm the team in terms of balance. And also Ronaldo must definitely be starting because of his goal scoring record in UCL this season.

21. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zieht den Bayern die Lederhosen aus, die Lederhosen aus, die Lederhosen aus!

22. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  23. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So your prescribed tactic is to park the bus and hoof the ball up 60 yards at every opportunity? This play like your elche strategy may work but I highly doubt it. Bayern is not the pathetic barca that was seen on Wednesday. Park the bus against them like every team in Germany and you'll get the same result as they all get.

If you want to ever win the CL you'll have to play like you believe you're a champion level squad.

24. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Parking the bus, as many like to call it, is not a weakness.

Please don't mistake playing this way as a weakness instead a strength.

For example, if you eat shit and like it, I am not going to feed you filet mignon. Giving you shit to eat doesn't mean I am a bad chef when you have no problems with it.

25. ardee

ardee Member

Sep 30, 2011
    I think it's pretty simple....

If Ronaldo is fit, run the normal lineup. If not, run the lineup that was played against Barca.

I hate Barca as much as anyone but let's be serious: they're still a dangerous team. For a starting XI to do so well against them for 85+ mins, the coach obviously got something right with the lineup. I think if Pep continues with his high line and insists on playing without a real defensive midfielder, that kind of style could do very well against them.

Dante is nowhere near last year's level. Boateng is great but he's had poor moments. If Lahm is played in mid, that means Bale will have Rafinha to play with. Dortmund just beat these guys 3-0 using their pace and smart midfield play, I think Madrid could definitely win this.

MadridFan22304 repped this.