Asood Al Rafidayn Thread 2014 edition

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Nothing will change if they will hold the elections now. Abdul Khaliq Masood will take over and the same bunch of fools will keep running the FA..

2. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
  3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'd rather see us participating in the Gulf Cup than the Nakhba Cup. What will be benefit against the likes of Palestine U-22 and Jordan U-22?

We need senior friendlies. We are not going to benefit from youth friendlies.

4. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Less than 10 days to the planned date for the FA elections and nobody knows what is going to happen. There is a radio silence from all the parties. Personally, i think that it is a confirmation that the outcome is known. No surprise at all. A lot of people were happy when the FA was 'disbanded' but we should've known better. In Iraq there are thousands of Najih Humouds and the other thugs.

What a farce.

5. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    What is the Al-Nakba Cup? What teams are in it? Dates? Squads? I can't find any info about it. Thanks.

6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    A shitty tournament in Palestine. Mostly olympic teams from the likes of Palestine, Jordan, Indonesia.

Not worth watching.

7. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
  8. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Well done FA. This is what we have to send to unrecognized tournaments like the WAFF, Gulf Cup, Arab Cup, Pan Arab Games, Merdeka, Nakhba etc etc

A lot of U-17 players, some U-20 players and league players. Grab your chance Osama Rashid. Show them what you can!

9. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
  10. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    FIFA confirms that the elections must be held on april 20 and the representative of FIFA and AFC, who is supervising the elections, receives death threats.

Shameful

11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    http://www.iraqfpg.com/Docs.ArabicViewer/98b255f8-cd65-43da-9aee-56a090ff7215/Default.aspx

My opinion about this case:

The following players are needed in the team (starters):

Ali Hussein Rehema
    Younis Mahmoud (depends if he is fit and in form)
    Alaa Abdul-Zahra

The following players still have something to give for our team (bench) :

Mohammed Gassid
    Salih Sadir
    Karrar Jassim

The following players should NEVER represent Iraq again:

Noor Sabri
    Bassim Abbas
    Nashat Akram
    Mahdi Karim
    Qusay Munir
    Hawar Mulla Mohammed

12. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Suren, how is Iraq NTdoing this days? here is a video to cheer you up.

13. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Well, since these kids have the shape of a football we can't consider this post as completely off topic o_O

14. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    To answer your question: I have the feeling that we are going backwards day by day. Everything is wrong in the administration.

I always have the feeling that we are playing at 50% potential when Hakim Shaker is leading our NT. We can do a lot better. So many mistakes have been made. I will really miss Zico's brilliance.

15. Scythian

Scythian Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have the same faith as yours. Out of 28 people only 11 showed up for South African preparation camp. I have feeling we are going to be another Saudi Arabia in upcoming world cup. I wish everything become better for your national team. You guys obviously deserve better with all your talents. Good luck and I hope to hear good news from Iraqi NT.

Suren01 repped this.
  16. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Thanks for your comment bro :)

I really hope so. We have to play as many friendlies as we can to prepare ourselves for the Asian Cup. I think with the talent we have, we can definitely finish in the top 4 next year.

As we could see in the U-20 World Cup, Iraq has a lot of young talent. We need a good coach and federation to succeed further and play at 100% potential.

Scythian repped this.
  17. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    The elections are postponed (again). There was no reason for us to be happy about the CAS verdict because the problem is not Najih Humoud or Mas3ood. Our issues go way deeper than that.

I am wondering what FIFA/AFC will think of this. They sent their representative and demanded that the elections would be held on april 20. They might see this as government interference.

18. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Nakhba Cup is an useless tournament. Look who's participating. Sri Lanka and Pakistan. I mean seriously...

We could have faced Armenia instead.

19. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
  20. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    #197 Suren01, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    The problem is we incorporated the youth players too soon. Look at the developed countries. They pick out the standout players and leave the rest. We are bringing them all in the senior team.

We lost valuable points because of this. We wasted our World Cup campaign and almost failed to qualify for the Asian Cup.

Leave the national team for our best players. It doesn't matter where they come from or how old they are. As long as they are match fit and in form, they should be included in the squad.

21. Dark shadow

Dark shadow Member

Jul 4, 2007
    That's what i am talking about. The first time in history that a complete U-19 team gets promoted to the NT while in fact a few players are NT material. These players will not achieve anything and we are already starting to see them degrading rapidly. The only player who is still performing from that team is Ali Adnan. I don't want to write off Humam because of his injury. Those are the two players left from the 'golden generation' of Hakeem Shaker!

I blame him for favouring his players over players in the Iraqi league who are a lot better but didn't get a call up because of personal problems with Shaker. He is claiming that he is the one who is responsible for the call ups; where is Ali Abbas? Or does he find Mahdi Kamil better? I just heard today that Ali Abbas was named the best player of Sydney FC by his team mates and he won some other price.

The China game was the first time that he really tried to field the best players. He even fielded Yaser Kasim who just arrived a day before the game and had never played for the NT. And we all know what happened in that game. A complete 180 degree turn to save his as*.

22. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    #199 Suren01, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Instead of replacing an entire team, we could have incorporated the players slowly in the team. It costed us so many World Cup campaigns. It's so wrong to field inexperienced players.
    Look at how Noor Sabri came out of his goal in the corner against Oman, how Hameed couldn't save an easy ball, how Mahdi Kamil lost the ball so easily against KSA.

There are so many players in our national team who should have retired a long time ago or who don't deserve to be called up. Players like Bassim Abbas or Hawar Mulla Mohammed are finished. They are replaced by better players, and I don't want them to represent Iraq again.

How did Mohammed Jabar Shawkan get into the NT? Jawad Kadhim? Faisal Jassim? I mean come on..

23. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    http://www.iraqfpg.com/Docs.ArabicViewer/5d6bc6f6-9e32-47e3-ae89-98ba53743e6d/Default.aspx

The players are all emotionally attached to Hakim Shaker... This is the biggest problem now. He is praised in Iraq because he is the one who led the youth team to 4th place, who won the AFC U-22 Championship, he qualified to Australia 2015.

I really hope that he is getting offers from a random Gulf country to coach over there. We need him to get out asap