Week 1 Pre/In/Post-game discussion

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SiberianThunderT, Apr 10, 2014.

1. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I know talking about the Red Stars is not as sexy to some of you as it is talking about Portland or Seattle non-stop.

But here is some cool stuff for the Saturday evening game between the Red Stars and WNY Flash at Toyota Park:

From the Red Stars Twitter:

https://twitter.com/chicagoredstars

From Chicago Tribune's affiliate, the Red Eye newspaper this morning talking about soccer cousins, Red Stars' Jackie Santacaterina and Chicago Fire's Mike Magee:

http://www.redeyechicago.com/sports...antacaterina-are-pro-20140415,0,5305908.story

2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, Chicago didn't have a match the first week, so there wasn't much to talk about.

3. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a post-game interview, Lines said something along the lines of "We scored all the goals today." So he at least thinks it was an own goal.

4. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
  5. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013

6. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they got it wrong. Lloyd said Barczuk admitted that she touched it before it went in.

7. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I definitely like the detail although this part annoyed me slightly -

And then he proceeded to give the best LB spot to.. Kallman. o_O I don't disagree that Kallman deserves a mention since I was impressed by her play, but I would think that if she had been "tormented" by O'Hara then including her on the list seems a bit odd.

8. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I would agree. Kallman "tormented by O'Hara?" I didn't see that. As far as O'Hara being the best right back of the week, I thought that award should easily go to Ari Romero of Houston. She was outstanding getting forward.

The best left back of the week, in my opinion, was Stephanie Cox who had a good game for Seattle.

9. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have to agree with Cox being the best left back, but a not too distant second would be Palmer. She had a strong game for WNY.

10. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    When I find sites that actually bother to cover the league I like to leave a comment just so the powers that be not only see that the story is being read but that the readers r engaged enough to participate.

11. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Good idea! Perhaps we all need to show more appreciation for attention paid to the league.

12. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah! I didn't register on ProSoccerTalk last year, then noticed that coverage of NWSL over the course of the season kinda fell off. So I've commented on two of the recent NWSL stories now.

Blaze20 repped this.