World Cup 2014 tickets: general discussion: NOT for trading or selling

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by bulle1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Match 56 is available again...... Cat 1

clubamericalara repped this.
  2. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    #7202 leonidas, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  3. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will i be able to pick up all the tickets i have purchased at a single Fifa Ticketing Centre? For example if i have tickets to different matches in different cities can i pick them all up in Natal?

4. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    Copa america 2011 or gold cup is a brilliant example of accomodating cities based on ticket demand and geographical location. until you get a low demand match like greece vs. Ivory coast drawn into a stadium the magnitude of Maracana THEN you will start to see fifa get their shit together.

5. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    yes you can pick up all your tickets at once. and it doesnt matter the location - sao paulo tickets can be picked up in rio, etc.

Piffy187 repped this.
  6. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for clearing that up!!

7. rsmooth

rsmooth Member

May 12, 2009
    Or you can just pick up select tickets if you don't want to cart your full stash of tickets around Brazil and worry about the whole lot disappearing.
    I did that in SA when I had TSTs. Also going back to the ticketing center give you a chance to snag those last minute finals tix :)

8. canchon

canchon Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The article also mentions that there is not an exact date, but that ticket delivery will begin at the beginning of May.
    So everyone chill out until about May 20th or so before you can expect anything.

9. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
  10. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If FIFA going to have places at the airports to pickup tickets at? I land in Sao Paulo first and would like to just pickup tickets while at airport. thanks in advance

11. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep. Every major airport in each of the host cities will have these machines. You can pick up all of your tickets (no matter what city the game is played) at any of the airport ticketing machines.

12. El Chanclas

El Chanclas Member+

Nov 21, 2008
    I understand that Match Hospitality ticket requests also count against a person's number of ticket requests. I originally had 7 successful in my account and 1 request via Match. No double dipping in same games, I just forgot this went against the count. I have since resold two tickets to get me back to 6 total, but wanted to warn others on same situation.

13. Stefan79

Stefan79 Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What I still find strange is that I bought 6 tickets trough the general platform and 1 trough the PMA. I know I reached my maximum but am still able to buy one more ticket in the general platform. I can imagine a lot of people don`t know this and buy the ticket. What will happen when I do this? I would like to help a friend by buying a ticket. Can FIFA cancel all my tickets? And what if the seven tickets I already bought are sent to me and I have them psychically in my hands (they are delivered to me), can they still be canceled so I can`t enter the stadium with them?

14. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Does anyone know - does the machine automatically print out all tickets?
    I'd like to get some tickets at the airport, and leave the remaining unprinted.
    I'd like to avoid interaction with fifa reps since some tickets are in my father's name (even though I'll come prepared with docs).

15. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I land at Sao Paulo also, but I opted to make an appointment for 11:00 Am the day after I arrive at the Centro Cultural Ticketing Center which isn't far from my hotel. The FIFA ticketing web site is allowing us to make appointments to pick up tickets now. Supposedly, you won't have much of a line if you do it this way.

I may regret it if I land and there is no line at the kiosks as now I have to take a cab to the Ticketing Center and back. But when I land in the early AM after a long flight I just want to get to my hotel.

I wonder if I get to the airport and there is no line at the kiosk, can I pick up my tickets there even with an appointment the next day? Anybody know?

16. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Good point would be smart to bring something protective to hold tickets in as they make their journey around Brazil. Anyone have any ideas? My travel wallet from REI folds, although secure, will bend them.

17. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Go ahead and try it. You've got nothing to lose. The machines will definitely be there. If it spits out your tickets, you're good to go. If it won't let you, then you'll know you need to go to the ticket centers.

areyoublindref repped this.
  18. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013
    This is such a huge question. So many flights land in Sao Paulo very early in the morning, who knows if there will be Fifa reps working at such hours? Are there machines? Do they scan passports or just require credit cards?
    I wish Fifa would be more clear on this.

19. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought they were still working on this, and it wasn't a forsure? I would rather do airport.

20. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I plan to buy protective top loaders for my tickets, like the one that sports/trading cards are put into to prevent damage. The standard size (3x4") is obviously too small, so after I figure out the dimensions of the ticket, I plan to get some bigger ones. Or just get one or two that are designed for 8x10" photos and put them in there.

I have a lot of memorabilia framed up in my home and I plan to buy the official WC poster and have it matted with the tickets I used under it. I did the same for the '98 World Series and the 2008 US Open and they look great. So I want my tickets to stay in perfect condition.

21. Stefan79

Stefan79 Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  22. El Chanclas

El Chanclas Member+

Nov 21, 2008
    That's a good point about the PMAs too. Technically, per the rules, FIFA reserves the authority to cancel all tickets. Tricky stuff.

23. Die_Hard_SAMS_ARMY

Oct 31, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Details will be released sometime in the near future. They had these machines for the Confed Cup, so it wouldn't make any sense for them to not use them for the World Cup. I know for a fact they will at least have some kind of ticket centers at the major airports. See screenshot below that I copied from FIFA website.

[​IMG]
    (http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/ticket-information/ticket-collection/index.html)

So no need to panic everyone. They will release this stuff soon, giving you plenty of time to plan. :)

24. rsmooth

rsmooth Member

May 12, 2009
    At least in SA, if you used the ticket machines, it would spit out all your tickets (at least I think so), but if you spoke to someone at the counter, you could choose which ones you had printed. Something to keep in mind.

25. supergringo

supergringo Member

Nov 9, 2013