A real Women's Club World Cup in 2014 ?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Gromit06, Nov 12, 2013.

1. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Probably, but if they have the leading AFC countries invited it shouldn't be to hard to get the AFC behind it, wouldn't cost AFC anything and they would have someone to send.

2. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Which is probably one of the main reason FIFA only want Confederation champions, then it is the Confeds that is responsible for who qualify so FIFA don't have to handle petty local rivalry. ;)

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LOL, sorry for being off-topic, but I've just learnt a phrase in English that I hadn't the slightest notion about! :laugh:("Bob's your uncle").

I guess it's not a case that it comes from a French guy: probably he had a desperate need to find a good English equivalent of "...et voilà!" ;) (I don't think a French can live without it... :giggle:)

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    That would be up to AFC not FIFA.

5. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well of course; if the AFC approved of it, then there's no reason for FIFA to say no unless they're keen on having it a two-team tournament for now. But the suggestion I quoted was talking about the mobcast organization, not the AFC. My point was that the mobcast organization, no matter how much they change their current tournament, can't justify sending a team to the official WCWC unless they get AFC to absorb them. FIFA could accept an 'unofficial' continental champion if they wanted too, but I guessed they probably wouldn't.

6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    No, my friend. No desperate try to translate anything. I learned this expression when being in England 27 years ago and always liked it. I made it mine as much as a good "F......g hell !" :D

blissett repped this.
  7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Right, but this is Mobcasts only play. It's plain that FIFA is moving in a different direction. What good is being the unofficial World Club Championship when there is an official one? Maybe AFC decides they want to organize their own as well or maybe they like someone else doing the work for them.

8. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Sure, FIFA can do almost anything if they want (in regards to soccer), but to step on the toes on one of their own Confederation there would have to be a lot of money or prestige in it for FIFA, and since it isn't they will leave the ball in AFC's court.

9. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So wasnt Wolfsburg supposed to play Sao Jose this month? Is that still happening (or did happen)?

10. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Now look up the epithet :

"Gordon Bennett!!";)

blissett repped this.