A Midget's Worst Nightmare, he'll eat you like Breakfast - The Almighty Pepe thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by raven3k, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That was ElCapitano.

RMSocrates and Chinky24 repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    temesgen repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    After the challenge on Duda, Duda's wife posted this on twitter or instagram or whatever. Pepe took a picture with Duda's kids after the game.

[​IMG]

Deep Pal, Eddie, Akramzizou and 7 others repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Duda himself said "this happens in football". He was mad with the official more than mad with Pepe. I think the yellow card was a bit harsh too but whatever.

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pepe seemed to be a nice guy off the pitch.

6. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Did Pepe return Duda's kids after his wife posted what he demanded?

Eddie, Laaura, azriel and 11 others repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Duda was mad because the referee made him get up and go to the sidelines for treatment so that the game could restart, as in the official wasn't taking his injury serious enough, not at Pepe, just how it looked to me.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    hehehe

9. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane05 and natenate101 repped this.
  10. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love Kepler. He is my favorite player to be honest with you. Love his intensity. He has the team's back and I really understand why he went nuts on that Getafe player. Sometimes you have to hurt these floppers.

Pepe reminds me of Dennis Rodman. A guy that gets in your head but good at contributing to the well being of the team.

My hat is off to Pepe.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pepe is not the kind of player the article tries to make him look like. When Mascherano got his marching orders for the sixth millionth time against Manschester United while playing for Liverpool, telling every official to go f*** himself on the way out of the pitch, where was the "bad guy" image for him?

Pepe is a fair sportsman to players that play fair against him. He loses his calm against players of the Diego Costa, Neymar type, but those guys aren't models for fairplay either so whatever. We've seen Pepe embrace opponents from all around Europe like a friend, a shame we have to keep repeating the Casquero thing and people try to create a certain image, out of something that was an eternity ago.

A very characteristic match was the one with the national team against Sweden. When Ibra scored he ran straight to Pepe to celebrate in front of his face, mostly to provoke a reaction out of him. Pepe would've had every right in the world to go to Ibra and tell him to buy a new television for the World Cup. Did he do that? No. He remained professional in every minute of that match.

Again, Pepe is not a model athlete when it comes to fair play, but the story about the brutal bone shattering defender Pepe is a myth. People that write stuff like that have no clue about football.

Laaura, raven3k, WhiteBlood and 9 others repped this.
  12. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eloquently written.

13. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I gotta admit growing hair, and it is frivolous, makes him seem more human. Bald Pepe conjured an image of a psycho convict who belonged in an institution. His appearance combined with his reputation. He's changed his appearance, cut out a lot of the antics and I see a different man when I look at him. Some people can say they knew it all along but he didn't get a bad reputation for no reason.

The Neymar clip is a great example. Old Pepe would have been all up in his grill but new Pepe is inclined to react in a positive manner, stop Neymar from diving and talk some sense into him. Amazing what some bad experiences and a little maturity will do to a persons temper.

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great player to have at the club. Will be a sad day when he leaves Madrid.

Laaura, Eddie, temesgen and 2 others repped this.
  15. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Very good player with a lot of heart but I'd really like Varane to take his place in the starting lineup next season because again he was the main culprit on that Bartra goal.

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He ********ed that one up, no doubt. It happens though, to Ramos, Varane, Kompany, Hummels, etc... The way he has played this season. I'd easily argue that Pepe deserves to start over Ramos next season. Who has been a more consistent performer for us this season, maybe Modric? Pepe has had a fantastic season. Better than even his biggest supporters here could have hoped. He has been a rock, seriously.

RMSocrates, temesgen and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  17. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You have a point about Ramos there, in either case I hope Varane is healthy next season so can start bossing that CB spot but it's hard to imagine Carlo benching a figure that is Pepe for Varane, let alone Ramos.

Mourinho did it but no one blamed him because Pepe was injured and had a lot worse season than this one.

18. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Right, people take too much notice in these types of mistakes. We aren't playing some junior team's here, these are the best in the world, so normally we will make mistakes against them and they will exploit those mistakes, just like we do. This was a pretty good game from Pepe, despite that lovely header from Batra. You could just as easily blame the midfield for allowing them to cut inside, which resulted in the corner, from which they scored.

19. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's a difference between the usual "mistakes" that our CBs do which are mostly a result of our midfield screwing up. I can live with that but it's a big blunder when there's only 2 threats from Barca on the corner kick and we can't even have those 2 covered.

20. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Those ''usual'' mistakes mostly result in goals, so I don't get where you're going with this. If Pepe/Ramos or Varane lose possesion, lose their player or make a bad tackle in 90% that will cost us badly. It's the same for every team.

Like I said, this isn't some little league team, this is Barcelona with two of the best Spaniards ever and the second best player in the world. They are bound to create chances. It would take a very special effort from our team to limit them so that they can't score.

21. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    He was also at fault for literally letting Neymar waltz through our defense, imagine the uproar had neymar scored that goal.

Yes he is having a good season, but for me Varane is a lot better in every area and he is much calmer. I'm not worried about Varane getting a red card, letting his emotions get the better of him or making a mistake which would allow a goal time and time again. Pepe has categorically failed in every single "big" game we have had this season.

Just my opinion.

22. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wanted him out in the summer after that SF in Dortmund, but boy I am glad we didn't sell him. He is having his best season for RM. I don't know what to expect next season, but I am satisfied with his output this season.

23. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    How many red cards does Pepe have? That's another false accusation people attribute to him which has taken on a life of it's own, being a red card about to happen.

natenate101, Eddie and temesgen repped this.
  24. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's probably the hair, people are starting to mistake him for Sergio.

Last red card was in the 11/12 season and it was just the one then.

Zidane05 and natenate101 repped this.
  25. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    One of my favourite players. Always has been.