Alert: Injuries thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Tio Nicci, Oct 21, 2013.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No wc : messi? You have low standards!

2. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hey Ryu, the point of us supporting our players is not only so that they can bring a good name playing well as Colombian players, but actually bringing glory to the nation itself; a good amount of us aren't attached to a particular club outside of Colombia as our respective club. What matters the most for the players that we follow is that so we can win trophies for the nation.

But yes, even as harsh as it is for us to get a little hostile with Falcao, playing for Colombia is more important to us than them actually doing well in their club.

I personally wouldn't hold this against Falcao, but I care more about us winning a world cup than anything else.

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just mean the reason I like James, Cuadrado, Falcao is what they can do for our NT. Care way more about a Copa America, Confeds win or WC win(please god in my lifetime) then any club trophy

Froboy69 repped this.
  4. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know what you're saying and I agree to an extent. But if he comes back not 100% and tears his knee all over because he wasn't fully recovered, then we probably wont see him on the NT again...

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If we win the WC I can care less what happens. He just needs to help us beat Brazil. When is the last time we did that? If he isn't at the WC you know people will still be like Pibe and Asprilla are better. Falcao is already the greatest Colombian player ever but he needs to play the WC. It is his last shot realistically. If Bielsa goes to Paraguay then its going to be harder to qualify and in 4 years time who knows who will be up top when he is 32

6. colombianballa91

Jul 2, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why do you care what people think? Besides I honestly believe our team will be better in 4 years (our top guys will be 32 or below (mix that in with young fresh CB's and whatever new prospects rise up and its looking good). On a side note, Zlatan is 32 & its not like he's fallen off the face of the earth- But if falcao tears his knee again he probably will.

pepinointer repped this.
  7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    interesante....

http://www.futbolred.com/mundial-br...bezas-de-serie-a-60-dias-del-mundial/13822193

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    si ignoran el caso zñiga....no me quiero imaginar como seran los vacios con las otras selecciones

9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's a good point. I don't know if people understand how essential Zuñiga for us, maybe even more then Falcao. While up front we have good options beside Falca, our RB position will be occupied most likely by Arias who is a good player, but he is not Zuñiga. Cuadrado can be another option, but I don't remember when he played in this position since he left DIM. Zuñiga may be recovered until the WC, but the guy didn't play a competitive football several months now and we don't know what his form will be in June. I pretty worry about him to be honest.

elviejomen and Tio Nicci repped this.
  10. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    .....:whistling:

11. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The only things that worries me about Arias is that Zuniga have more experience and the world cup is a real test for the maturity of the player. Besides that point Arias can replace Zuniga without problem... Yeah Zuniga is amazing; I mean we are talking about agurably a top 3 right back in serie A but this doesn't mean that Arias is a really good option also.
    What I'm going is that Arias is starting material,tthe only reason he is bench is because Zuniga is really really good and have more experience.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't share everyones opinion of Arias who has had 1/2 a season in europe. No way is he anywhere near Zuniga who is one of the best RBs but in Napoli LMs in the world. Arias doesn't even have any WCQ experience.

Love people saying this stuff about Arias but Murillo is somehow not better than every CB we have right now :)

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

you are so great, you think so especiall and different than others (i mean everyone) !!! you need and deserve a medal!!!

ps: arias debut was in wcq....the match that we ..............the today owners of the place of murillo, arent injure, that is the point where people dont talk about him (there are no almost real chances that he goes)

14. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Have Murillo been called By Pekerman?

But on the other hand Arias has... So its kind of stupid to keep arguing about the same Murillo bs over and over....

Nice point that you bring, yeah Arias doesn't have WC experience, but Zuniga sure does have WC experience right????? Lol

15. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think he wrote WCQ not WC experience...

as in World Cup qualifiers.. which can be argued that many professionals that CONMEBOL qualifying is more lucrative than the actual world cup itself.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pep did I Icardi your chick or something god dam never notice you write anything other than to disagree with me

You still mad at me about hating on Vargas like 4-5 years ago? Dude let it go.... pay some one to give you a hug or just give yourself a stranger to relax.

efernandez9 repped this.
  17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he played against paraguay .....a match with 10 men since minute 35..in that match, colombia had to won to get the group.....

well diego costa will play the wc , without wc experience.....

leider preciado scored in 98....without wcq.....arias wont be the first.....

18. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    As Pepino mention there is some important experience that Arias had, and there are players that don't need a lot of experience to show quality (James Rodriguez is a perfect example of this). In the few games that he played, Arias showed maturity and inmediate connection with the rest of the group, just like if he's been the starter for Colombia for years; I mean he took care of Hazard perfectly and in Belgium, yeah is a friendly but still it was one of his first games where many players don't play that great because they are "just adapting".

Obviously I cant assure that Arias wil keep the composture if he plays the world cup. But personally from what I seen, he is a quality replacement for Zuniga.
    We are not talking about the 09 squad where Zuniga's bench was Ruben Dario Bustos or Amaranto Perea.
    And as we mention before Pekerman took Mascherano to the world cup back in 06 when he was a reserve player at River.

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am one of those that sees the experience argument as bullshit.

All our players have been pro since they were 16 and who the youngest Quintero at 22 or 21? Been abroad for 2-3 years. This composer thing is utter BS. What matters is are these guys game changers.

What I meant was Zuniga, Falcao(think Jackson is better in basically everything but isn't as clutch), James. These 3 make the big plays. Even Teo(easily the weakest of our CFs but look at his numbers !!) A lot of people use to bitch we have guys that are only club players but Teo is defiantly a NT player. I am not in the dusty camp that think this guy poops out gold and buttery flies but he is an awesome player when he puts yellow on.

On the other side of that Perea is a game changer but for the wrong aspects haha. He likes to make games interesting.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    always personal????

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  23. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's about time

24. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Stefan has a ruptury in his ankle, will need surgery....

No world cup for him

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sucks for Nacional he is a huge part of their team. Will hurt their chances to win the CL. His chances of going abroad will also be hurt by this. Shitty news.