The Transfer Thread ** Benatia è il passato **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically this. None of us rated Iturbe all that highly. I think the quote was "Left footed Florenzi who is a little better on the dribble." In fact, we were all assuming that Iturbe would be cheaper than Cerci when we were pro Iturbe in that argument.

2. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree. Far too early for anyone to go big on Markovic. He has also been aided by Oscar Cardozo's injury which has kept him out most of the season, Jesus normally likes to try and play both Lima an Cardozo as a front pairing.

3. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    Cardozo is a goal scoring freak

4. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rakitic would be choice number one if Pjanic leaves, for me. You could even get away with playing him out wide. He wouldn't be a pound for pound replacement for Pjanic, but you'd get similar contribution overall.

My number two choice would be Valero. Feasibility, who knows? But he's not young enough to cost a boatload, and we'd probably have to overpay for him, but the quality is there.

5. Khaos

Khaos Member+

Apr 8, 2014
    Roma, Italy.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ag. Jackson Martinez: 'La Roma? Un grande club'

Le parole di Guglielmo Lara, agente di Jackson Martinez, forte punta del Porto accostata alla Roma: "Quello giallorosso è un grande club, non c'è dubbio. Il Porto, però, non ha avviato contatti per la sua cessione. In questo momento sono concentrati sul finale di stagione. Attualmente è anche difficile fare una valutazione".

Sounds interesting.

6. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    So I haven't been to this forum for awhile and I see all the usual crazy rumours. But if it turns out that Pjanic leaves then Rakitic would be a great replacement. We should be in the CL next year so that would be a good carrot to swing in front of his nose.
    Are we a realistic chance of getting him?

7. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    His contract expires next summer, and he's worth about 20 million Euro. He's very good.

8. Rellum

Rellum Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Brisbane
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I know he's good :). Just wanted to know if he has been seriously linked to us or if the rumours are the standard invention from the Roman press. I haven't had the time lately with work, kids and Man City potentially destroying my local club to do the in-depth googling/reading you guys have been doing.

From what I can tell we are no chance of getting him.

9. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Huh?

10. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He hasn't been linked to us yet, probably because Pjanic is not leaving. I was just mentioning that he might not be that expensive in case Pjanic does leave. The only player that can replace Pjanic that we got linked to is a young turkish guy that plays for Hamburg, Hakan or something like that, the price is between 7-11M.

11. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There hasn't even been a whisper about him. If Pjanic left, it would be either Parolo, kid from Hamburg, uçan, as far as we know. Parades is not ready to make the jump yet, and our Verre needs serie a experience first

12. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    @ASRomaPress: TMW:

In recent weeks, Roma have sent to scouts to watch Sporting Braga's Rafa Silva

13. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't trust that site.

schnix repped this.
  14. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That RomaPress guy came out of thin air a few weeks ago.

15. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Abel Hernandez name started to float again, there is a chance that Balza gets included in the deal. I really doubt Balza will stay, didn't he choose us over Napoli and Milan because we didn't play in Europe?

16. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he did.

Abel Hernandez? He belongs in B.

17. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I thought Abel Hernandez was decent. And I think the best is yet to come from him, I'm not exactly sure how good he could be though.

Vulpinous repped this.
  18. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Agree with you. Plus he is cheap and won't mind sitting on the bench, can play centrally and on the wing. For 5-6 mil he can be a nice option to have on the bench.

19. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    what do you think of Roma signing Dzeko ? Pjanic and Dzeko are ridiculously good together for the Bosnian National Team , check the goal scoring record

20. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Supposedly Inter want him.

s7kru repped this.
  21. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dzeko wont go , with a BL title and EPL title under his belt Dzeko will only go somewhere if he can play in the CL , he gets a lot of flack at City but when given consistent minutes he scores ALOT , check the record for his Wolfsburg days as well has his current Bosnian NT record, I believe the market for him will rise drastically after the World Cup , ssame might go for JM , Mandzukic is a different type of player he hustles and gets more tap ins , meanwhile Dzeko runs less but is clinical with both feet as well as with headers, any person from ex-Yugoslavia ( except Croatians ) would take Edin over Mario

22. davidcaspian

davidcaspian Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd put money on him heading to Dortmund. They'll need a striker and they'll have cash.

23. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma