FC Barcelona vs Real Madrid CF | Copa del Rey final | El Clasico | 16.04.2014 | 21:30 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Tobias19, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Xabi Alonso play?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    52.5%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Keep it classy RM fans. If we want to be better than them we must show class. They are the inferior club compared to Real Madrid, therefore, act like we are suppose to beat them.

Lets not sink to their levels of stupidity.

2. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Pray that I get classier, classy man.

Lyra, Laaura, sleepyvato50 and 2 others repped this.
  3. Bøddel

Bøddel Member

Dec 14, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think its so funny that Bale scored his goal on the same side of the pitch that Ronaldo scored his game deciding header 3 yrs ago. Not only the same side, the same stadium and also the side with all the Barca fans. Also with middle fingers flying in his direction as well. Only thing missing was Pepe's "up yours" gesture to the cules

4. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

5. Bøddel

Bøddel Member

Dec 14, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't know what hurts more, this whole week of eliminations or the fact that they can't do a thing about it in the transfer window. The fact that both are happening at the same time is enough to see that Barca bandwagon empty real fast.

6. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Bøddel repped this.
  7. Bøddel

Bøddel Member

Dec 14, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Imagine if we somehow grab La Liga as well Ancelotti will have equalled Mou's hardware total in one season.

8. Bøddel

Bøddel Member

Dec 14, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Now just add an Afro to Pepe in this gif and Bale's face to Ronaldo and we've updated it.

Subtractam repped this.
  9. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was too interested in their facial expressions.

The chants about Messi were fantastic.

10. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree. Alves is a twat like the rest of them, but monkey chants?? Really? Quite pathetic from the fans considering what he's done for them.

temesgen repped this.
  11. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol. ******** that shit.

You think the same about guys like Juanito who wore the shirt?

12. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why do you let them bother you? You should be enjoying the team and not let another team take over your daily life. I like to watch RM games and root for them but at the same time, Barcelona as a club, doesn't bother me at all. It seems like you are bothered more by Barcelona than your joy for RM.

My joy from watching RM games exceed anything a Barcelona fan or team can do.

Don't use soccer as an excuse to behave badly.

13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    maybe I don't fit with the times, I think players should have some affection for the club and the club and fans should appreciate the team.

14. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    After the emotions have cleared a bit, I have a question. Do you guys feel we played great?

I sure don't, we parked the bus as if we are a middle of table team or as if this is the 2009 version of Barca. Not to mention our finishing was dreadful largely because of selfishness of DiMaria, Bale and Benz. I'm not sure we'd win if Valdes was between the posts.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm sure we would have. I think we had the better chances, and until the header that came off a corner to equalize for Barcelona, they didn't really create any big goal scoring opportunities to Iker to save. They woke up after the header and placed a lot of men forward to try and capitalize off the moment of shock when they scored. Until the equalizer we had the chance to score the second and the third goal, and had a goal by Bale disallowed (probably correctly). We we equalized we were kind of in a bit of a shock, but defended well, and played to our strengths. We didn't hoof the ball forward, but transitioned it nicely ahead.

Bale made the difference in the second goal, but we really would only have our finishing and decisions in the final third to blame if we would've lost this final. We played better than our opponent, and we were missing our best player.

dmar and temesgen repped this.
  16. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    We played how we did in order to win. Now people are exaggaration a bit. The only thing missing from Barcelona is a reliable defence. If they had that, they wouldn't be in such a mess IMO. It's easy to say this isn't the Barcelona from 2009, but the players are mostly the same.

17. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    More total shots, more shots on target and of course, more goals. It's not like we were dominated.

Oscar, sleepyvato50, zohee and 1 other person repped this.
  18. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, even in that period of shock after they scored, we were still creating better chances. Di Maria took that shot from the edge of the box when Bale was unmarked. Modric hit the post. They were better after they scored than before, but we were still creating the chances, not them.

19. Mr. Strange

Mr. Strange Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And that was probably the biggest flaw in our game, we couldn't finish it off. With Ronaldo that may have been different but with him our defense would suffer especially when we consider that the player who replaced him was one of the top performers in the match ( for me personally he was MOTM). So it's not all black and white.

My point is though that if we are to beat Bayern we need to be a lot more clinical and Ronaldo and Bale must help on the defensive end which I'm not confident will happen in the amount we need them to.

20. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We were better and the win was completely deserved. No question about it.

21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Yeah you were great. :thumbsup:

22. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hang on a minute buddy. You like many other here suggested we should play attack with Isco in the team in a 4-3-3. I don't think that would have worked. Space everywhere.

If it was 4-3-3 I would have gone with Casemiro. Ancelotti fooled us all by playing a defensive 4-4-2. In that formation then yes Isco can play on the wing in a line of 4 but in a midfield 3 I see too many issues there.

Isco had an amazing match so who knows if it would have worked in a 4-3-3. I don't think so. I think the fact that we played 4-4-2 in a defensive counterattacking way is what won us the match. It was a fantastic team performance. This was Ancelotti's moment of the season and he nullified Barca beautifully. I called him tactically inept compared to other managers but on this occasion he proved all the doubters wrong.

Lyra repped this.
  23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    We easily could have been up 3 or 4 goals with better decisions in the final third, ADM, Bale, Benz and to a lesser degree Isco had opportunities to either score or deliver a better pass which could/should have resulted in a goal. As you said we transitioned very well.

that said barca were not themselves, tata got his team selection all wrong. He should have started with sanchez and pedro but he opted for cesc and neymar. A disinterested messi also was a factor for large sections of the game where if he had been engages we would have struggled much more due to the pressure.

Edit:

wrt to Bayern, I think our pace could help us quite a bit, IMO quick counter attacking football is our only chance. Against Dortmund last week they really struggled with bam bam and Reus coming directly at them with pace but I due think Dortmund is better managed to play a smarter ball into a channel than we are. We'll have to see how it plays out but I see us either knocking 2 or 3 in or struggling to get even one goal.

24. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sorry.

*putting shoes on to go church*

25. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have to play like that (two lines of 4 and counter attack) against team who keep possession. Sorry, that's the way it is. If we have to play counter attacking football against teams like Barca and Bayern so be it. Ancelotti job is to tweak it and fine tune it so we do it with a thing of beauty so to speak.

That way, that will force team who play possession football will force them to think something different and that could work in our favour.

7Bilal repped this.