Libertarian Fail

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by American Brummie, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Your definition of cunty apparently involves requesting payment of fees and taxes that everyone else does. That's a stupid reason for the second amendment and, incidentally, is not the reason we have it.

fatbastard repped this.
  2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Everyone else" was driven away from their land by the usurious fees. They do not pay them anymore because the feds made it so. It's a perfect reason for the second amendment and Jefferson agrees with me.

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

In all seriousness, Matt, please tell us what role Jefferson had in getting the Bill of Rights written and passed. Wasn't he ambassador to France at the time?

AfrcnHrbMan and bigredfutbol repped this.
  4. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

From what I've read this situation has been going on for 20 years but a recent change at the head of the BLM (and off course because it is on orders from Obummer) is what triggered the stand off. From my perspective, Bundy's cattle operation seems very inefficent and uses too much land. As a matter of fact we should be eating much less beef since they consume too much water and release greenhouse gases.

But off course the rights of Bundy and his family trumps state, federal, humanity.

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #955 dapip, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Ah, this is Golden...

You know that these patriots have going overboard when they send hate mail to the person that inspired them...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/beck...at-all-unsubscribe-and-unfriend-me-right-now/

https://www.facebook.com/GlennBeck/posts/10152343875623188?stream_ref=10

I have also learned that Harry Reid is grabbing the land to build a solar power plant and the contract is going to his son and he is using Chinese technology. But off course!

PS. And the info comes from a very reliable source:

http://www.infowars.com/flashback-sen-reid-breaks-ground-for-nevada-solar-farm-near-bundy-ranch/

6. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ???

7. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't tell me you still believe in that of the people, by the people, for the people bullshit still.

8. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I do. Always will.

10. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

11. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rerity is an asshole. Rainbow Dash is where it's at.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    The fees can't be usurious because there's no money being lent. Everyone else was not driven away from "their" land, either. The land in question is Federal land, and in 1993 they required a fee to be paid for grazing. Given that over 20 years Bundy owes around $1,000,000 in fines, that means that at most, without compound interest, he'd be required to pay 50K a year, something feasible for him. We know that because he tried to pay the county instead of the Feds. So clearly the fees are "usurious", nor was it ever "his" land.
    So not only is it a terrible reason for the second amendment, it's quite literally on its face not the reason for the second amendment. We know that because there's no issues here about a well regulated militia protecting a free state. It's a dickhead making a stupid political point by not paying money he is perfectly able to pay for using land he has never owned.
    That you think Jefferson agrees with you isn't relevant either. First, of course, he didn't. And second, what Thomas Jefferson, who didn't draft the Bill of Rights, has to say on the subject, carries no more weight than what Al Jefferson says about it.

13. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/18/opinion/egan-deadbeat-on-the-range.html?hp&rref=opinion&_r=0

Imagine a vendor on the National Mall, selling burgers and dogs, who hasn’t paid his rent in 20 years. He refuses to recognize his landlord, the National Park Service, as a legitimate authority. Every court has ruled against him, and fines have piled up. What’s more, the effluents from his food cart are having a detrimental effect on the spring grass in the capital.

Would an armed posse come to his defense, aiming their guns at the park police? Would the lawbreaker get prime airtime on Fox News, breathless updates in the Drudge Report, a sympathetic ear from Tea Party Republicans? No, of course not.

So what’s the difference between the fictional loser and Cliven Bundy, the rancher in Nevada who owes the government about $1 million and has been grazing his cattle on public land for more than 20 years? Near as I can tell, one wears a cowboy hat. Easterners, especially clueless ones in politics and the press, have always had a soft spot for a defiant white dude in a Stetson.​

fatbastard repped this.
  14. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not sure what you are basing your perspective off of but from being friends with a Game Warden who's family and that of his wife have been in cattle ranching for several decades I think I might be able to explain this to you a little bit. Cattle grazes and when they run out of food and/or water they graze to another location. Once you start getting out towards the desert southwest the scarcer that feed becomes. Of course it takes mother nature a little while to replace that eaten feed. The only option is to graze greater distances so that your cattle can eat or you can let them starve.

You only share this opinion because you are Colombiano. Had you been Argentino or Uruguayo and knew how to properly cook beef then I think your view would be different:p

Overly dramatic much?

15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    And that only reinforces my perception of innefficency. Using more land that is not even suited for the purpose? How is that fine in the long term?

http://notesofnomads.com/kobe-beef/

Yup, because bringing guns to protestover fines is perfectly good behavior.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come in Matt when you say shit like this, I think is time to re examine your sense of "right".

bigredfutbol repped this.
  17. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imagine if any of the Occupy protestors had been this heavily armed. The police would have had snipers in helicopters taking them out with head shots.

18. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The link from Alex Jones which @dapip provided is complete bullshit -- he was being ironic by posting it. The solar project land is more than 100 miles south of the federal land that Bundy is grazing on.

19. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And your response only reinforces that you don't really have a clue what you are talking about. The alternative to free range cattle is to pen them up, pump them full of rBGH, rBST and other lovely unnatural hormones. Of course let's not forget all the antibiotics pumped into cattle at factory farms.

So long story short is that you'd rather lessen the quality of meat and in turn make it a potential health hazard as opposed letting natures cycle run it's course. Of course let's not forget about the quality of life the cattle would be subjected to.

Had it in Japan and have had wagyu here twice within the past month. In both cases good to very good but really overrated. I've had grilled cuts of beef both here and in Argentina that quite honestly blew Kobe away.

Never said nor implied that it was perfectly good behavior but aside from some hicks in the desert how has humanity been effected?

20. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Doesn't take much imagination to get to that. The FBI gunned down Vicki Weaver for simply holding a baby.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    That's a red herring - the protesters at Occupy would have been massively in breach of NYC's very tough gun laws if they had come armed. That's why that situation wouldn't happen.

22. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    ? By the time Vicki Weaver was killed, multiple federal officials were dead. In the hypothetical, the Occupy protesters haven't harmed a flea.

23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I am not a vegetarian but I do think that we are not using our resources rationally and our love for animal proteins is one of the main culprits. Deserts or farmland are no isolated in vaccum and whatever we do over there affects Earth as a whole and the same applies to any other environment in the world. And yes, there are issues with the meat we eat everyday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-467800/Are-cows-killing-planet.html

Cattle soak up a phenomenal amount of water: it takes a staggering 990 pints of it to produce just one pint of milk. And their wastes often pollute rivers and the sea. A giant 'dead zone', stretching over 21,000 square miles in the Gulf of Mexico, is partly caused by pollution from U.S. beef production, carried down the Mississippi.

But perhaps the greatest surprise is that cattle are responsible for more of the pollution that causes global warming than are cars. Burning fuel to produce fertiliser to grow their food, to produce meat and to transport it accounts for about 9 per cent of man-made emissions of carbon dioxide.

Worse, their manure and wind produces at least a quarter of the pollution by methane, a 20 times more powerful gas.

/quote

24. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Where are you getting the whole "multiple federal officials were dead" stuff from? One U.S. Marshall was killed and the shooter (not a Weaver) was acquitted in federal court of first degree murder charges due to the circumstances in which the whole situation came to be.

This was a massive combined fail between the Marshall's service, BATF and FBI especially when the whole incident was tied back to the feds trying to entrap Weaver.

NickyViola repped this.
  25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Got it. Well never mind, I shouldn't be responding to a conversation about a hypothetical anyway.

Moishe repped this.