French Division 1

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Sep 7, 2012.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #2051 shlj, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    A curious tweet from Sydney Govou the former France international player : hot news if he is right.

2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Gromit06 repped this.
  3. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I don't understand it o_O:unsure:

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He implies PSG have signed Wendie Renard from OL

5. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Oh... :geek:

6. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    It seems he deleted his tweet...

7. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I don't either. :p

8. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Well, it's because the post of L'Equipe to which Govou replied is missing in shlj's post... L'Equipe announced that the Hand-Ball team of PSG is recruiting two international players... And Govou (former OL international and great friend of Wendie Renard) replied by saying or "implying" that Wendie would go to PSG (and some Volley-Ball player too if I understood well)... Lyon's supporters immediately went crazy on twitter :D

9. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Is there any truth to the "whispers" about Marta going to PSG? Marta and Wendie at PSG..would be sweet, from my view, at least.:D

10. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I guess Marta's agent has surely spoken to PSG, I mean not many teams can afford her wages.

11. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I suppose you're referring to their latest election results? They wrote quite a lot about that in Sweden and highlighted Hénin-Beaumont's peculiar political history with communism, anti-fascism and now Front National...

Marta sure but Renard at PSG... There's no way that can be true, right? Anyway Marta just said on Swedish TV today that she wants to stay as close as possible, so I assume that's why her agent has primarily been in contact with Swedish and Norwegian clubs. If no Scandinavian club can come up with a decent salary, I would guess that she'll either move to PSG or Barcelona.

12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's true Henin-Beaumont mayor was elected in the 1st round with 50,26% of the votes. Quite worrying.

13. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Why ? After all, PSG is her "club de coeur" as she often said, and last year she stayed in Lyon (still according to her sayings) only because Lair was remaining the coach there. He's no longer there, and I'm still convinced — I know we disagree about this ;) — that this departure could lead to some players' unexpecting leaving... Of course, she has a contract. But in Football, a contract is made to be broken. Not usual yet in Women's Football ? Right. But don't dream, WF will turn sooner or later as MF as far as slling-buying players are concerned...
    If people think — rightly imho — that PSG is able to buy Marta, do you really think that Wendie is out of reach ? ;) Just hypothesis, anyway.

14. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Well, I was just going by what had been posted in the thread--you probably have a better idea about this than I do. However, wasn't Wendie courted by PSG a few years ago before she re-signed with OL? Perhaps the move now, wouldn't seem so far-fetched, given the circumstances.

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am sure that PSG won't mind paying a transfer fee for sure. I mean they paid around 40 to 50 000€ for Delie.

16. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I don't think it's an impossibility that she'll join PSG. In fact it almost seems likely that Govou managed to screw up majorly and more or less announce something that wasn't supposed to be announced until the end of the season. But I also don't see why Renard would say just a few weeks ago that she might stay at Lyon for the rest of her career if she was seriously considering joining PSG. She doesn't seem like the kind of person that would say something like that if she didn't mean it.

To leave a club after a great coach leaves makes perfect sense, but not until a new coach has been hired and you've noticed it's someone that you don't like to work with. So for Renard to leave now... she would either have been offered such a crazy amount of money that she just couldn't turn it down and Lyon weren't able to or wouldn't offer her the same, or she's not getting along with some of the players, which I haven't heard anything about.

17. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Guignol was pretty strong on her. Sure sounds like next year will be very interesting.

18. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So Gaetane choose power over money:rolleyes:......as I say she is a very very smart girl , not intellectual like Georges , more clever , that girl certainly knows how things go....it will be interesting to know what are her personal objectives after her playing career I am pretty sure she is pointing at the top of french female soccer administration.
    Correct me if I am wrong but Benstiti didn't wanted Wendie at PSG last summer right ? At least is what she said in an interview if I remember well :rolleyes:. Wonder if Farid changes his mind this time ...or they made him change it....
    If the transfer happens it will be interesting to know the exact fee . Renard is younger , more talented (than Delie) and the captain of France I think Aulas could put her prize at least 100 000€ or something closer...I think....
    Not really scary actually . Henin-Beaumont has always had many far right supporters in its population so it's a little bit "normal" that they voted a fn mayor.....More than one girls told me about their fans (I am talking about the women club) not being "cool" with coloured players and we all know the M'bah-case....so H-B at far right is not a surprise after all.
    And last but not least , NO MARTA IN FRANCE!!! PSG are crazy! The brazilian ( overrated and overpaid player by the way) only brings bad luck to her clubs just look what happened to L.A Sol , Tyreso, Santos , Gold Pride and the WSL league actually.....:speechless:....There should be a rule in women football , if you want your club or league to fail recruit Marta.....

19. Lieri

Lieri Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Of course it's scary! It's not that surprising when you know their history, but it's still scary that such a large community in a developed nation can have such extreme views.

As for Marta, I think it's a little ridiculous to say that. The clubs she has joined in the past have been clubs without a large support that have clearly expected too much from sponsors, but PSG already have more sponsorship than most clubs can ever dream of, and it's not like she would be making more than every single male player on their team... If anyone's going to sink the club, it'll be them.

Romario'sgurl and Gromit06 repped this.
  20. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Henin-Beaumont is situated in the poorest region of France where unemployment is at the highest level.....it's only in this kind of situation that far right movement could find some desperate people who believed in their silly politics . Is not the first time that FN win a city in France , Toulon (140,000 inhabitants) has been a FN city from 95 till 2001 , it was a catastrophe in every point of view ....from cultural to economical....and it ended up with the mayor in big trouble with the justice for many different reason .
    That happened in almost all the cities FN won , Vitrolles , Orange, Marignane same story same result a catastrophe.
    a nice article here.
    http://www.lexpress.fr/actualite/po...e-le-front-national-a-deja-gerees_767233.html
    Obviously Paris will never financially collapsed.....the Qatari financial resources are limitless isn't it.....but on a pure technical point of view I really don't think she fits with PSG tactics.

guignol repped this.
  21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well depending on who finishes 2nd in the League because I expect the Qatari to get rid of Benstiti if they finish 3rd, you could see a new coach and a wholesale of changes at PSG.
    New coach, new project, new players.

22. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Coupe de France quarter-finals goals:

23. jigsawill

jigsawill Member

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  24. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Tatane is clearly the best French player of the season (ahead Elise Bussaglia) and one of the very best in the world today.

25. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    D1 is more uncertain than ever and everybody can beat everybody... ;)

Soyaux 0-5 Lyon (Dickenmann, Tonazzi, Abily, Le Sommer PK, Kumagai PK)
    PSG 11- 0 Hénin Beaumont (Horan 2x, Bresonik x3, Delie x3, Hamraoui, Georges 2x)
    Guingamp 2-6 Juvisy (Cayman, Coquet, Catala, Soubeyrand, Machart, Brétigny // Baldé, Robert)
    Muret 0-5 MHSC (Makanza 2x, Oqvist, Utsugi PK, Beattie)

Oh yes, the following teams can beat each other, right...

Yzeure 3-1 Arras (Catalano, ?, Chalabi // Houdje)
    Rodez 1-1 St Etienne (Haupais // Gherbi)

Ranking after 19 days (three more to go with Juvisy-PSG on May 24th and on Eurosport).
    Let's note that Lyon keeps 5 pts ahead of PSG, but only 1 pt is between PSG and Juvisy for the second seat to the next CL.
    There is still a HUGE gap between the Big 4 and the rest, since MHSC is 18 pts ahead of the 5th, Soyaux.
    Thanks to its today's win, Yzeure can still hope a happy ending, even if it will be hard. There are 5 teams for two seats going down.

[​IMG]
    PSG's and Juvisy's last 3 games :

day 20 : (may 17th), Rodez-PSG, Juvisy-Hénin.
    day 21 : (may 25th) Juvisy-PSG
    day 22 : (june 1rst) PSG-Yzeure, Muret-Juvisy.
    Scorers ranking :

1. Gaëtane Thiney (Juvisy) 20
    - Marie-Laure Delie (PSG) 20

3. Josefine Öqvist (MHSC) 17
    4. Laetitia Tonazzi (Lyon) 14
    5. Eugénie Le Sommer (Lyon) 12
    6. Lotta Schelin (Lyon) 11
    - Lindsey Horan (PSG) 11
    8 Camille Abily (Lyon) 10
    - Rumi Utsugi (MHSC) 10
    10. Laura Bourgoin (Soyaux) Lara Dickenmann (Lyon), Anais Ribeyra (Rodez), Sandrine Brétigny (Juvisy), Camille Catala (Juvisy), Linda Bresonik (PSG) 8

gricio61 and blissett repped this.