BVB General Transfer Thread III [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I meant that Jon Flanagan lad who played there in recent weeks.

Me not having an avatar has nothing to do with Hoeneß. Or let me put it this way, if something else hadn't happened, something which has nothing to do with Hoeneß, I'd be still wearing my old avatar.

2. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Desperately punching and kicking with Union to land a few spots away from the playoff seat...

LoewenBoy repped this.
  3. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You overlook the fact that Khedira is much better accustomed to Löw's 'system'. The little automatisms this German NT has, Löw obviously does not feel comfortable implementing a completely new CM which explains his crush on Khedira.

What also speaks for Khedira is the fact that he actually progresses steadily in his recovery whereas Gündogan is somewhere in-between heaven and hell. Outcome unknown.

Time is ticking, I don't think Löw should nominate any player who's not fit enough to participate in the last friendly prior to Brazil in late May.

4. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Gündoğan was the substantially better offensive player for a short period of time. Khedira has done it longer than Gündoğan and has done it better defensively than Gündoğan.

Khedira's injury is also one thousands of players have come back from and reached their pre-injury levels.

We don't know if Gündoğan will ever come back, much less be the same player.

Sorry, but if given the choice between those two guys, given their current situations, give me Khedira every time.

I laugh out loud when I think of how people forget how certain players were before they had good seasons.

I pointed this out in the long debates about Sahin. After his injury battles, he turned back into what he always was. If Gündoğan ever makes it back, don't be surprised if the same happens to him. And the same goes for Khedira.

The same thing stands. If both players revert back to what they were before they became "stars", give me Khedira every time.........

5. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Fair enough, I based my info on tweets from @bvbawesome and @SanBorussia. Reliable sources I'd say.

6. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for me a i would take an injured Gundogan over healthy Khadira any day... but thats just me :)

LoewenBoy repped this.
  7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least one is a friend of mine. And I'll tell them I disagree. Klopp simply didn't rule anything out. He didn't come out and say "There is a chance Gundogan can make the World Cup."

If Gundogan had a real chance, Klopp would say that shit clearly. He didn't. This is Klopp saying the politically correct thing to keep the Gundogans happy.

Like when they tried telling people Gundogan left winter training camp with "bronchitis."

Gundogan had bronchitis about as much as Heidi Klum is masculine.

Maybe they saw "Bild" "doing their thing" with what Klopp did say. "Bild" are experts at taking something you did say and turning into something you never said.

And by the way. I have my sources too. They aren't other fans either.

8. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    They wrote those tweets live from the PK, not from Bild.

With whom are you friends with? Stefan or Sandra? :p

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

San. For quite a long time now. I'll talk with her about it.

10. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    She seems like a nice person, she follows me on twitter, Im very proud of that. :D

11. Nick (SATVLog)

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Flannigan

12. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

She's one of the best people I know........

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  14. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    Stefan...Uersfeld?

Sandra is an acquantance...I think she's quite close to the sources but Uersfeld is much closer.

I don't care anymore. If he goes before 2015 there will be a massive fee and a new player will be found. If it's after we'll get the buyout clause and a new player will be found. There always is someone. Right now Reus seems to be unsure whether he will stay past 2015.

Isn't it all the way back to ancient china?

15. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I believe his surname is Bucko, maybe with an umlaut? Not sure.

16. heynckes' hanging leftnut

Feb 27, 2013
    Ok. I don't know him. Uersfeld goes by Überzahl normally. He writes good pieces for ESPN's website too

17. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Buczko writes for ESPN as well. There is also a Stefan Buczko on the yellow wall podcast which I listen to sometimes, maybe it's the same person :)

18. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yes, its the same person. He writes for ESPN, has a twitter account @bvbawesome and is one of the guys running Yellow wall podcast.

19. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
  20. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Manchester Evening News reporting a top player transfer to Manchester? Must be true.

21. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kroos?
    I don't believe it's Reus. They are already losing Lewy...

22. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Götze quote was invented by some twitterer or only forum. Sadly even Skysports pucked it up without checking.

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Right. I know Stephan Uersfeld too. Nowhere near as well as I know San, but I consider him a friend.

I've never met Stefan Buzcko that I know of. I probably have and don't remember.

But this is becuase in the past five or six years or so, I haven't spent the time around the Dortmund area that I had in the 12-14 years prior.

Now being back in the United States, I count on those guys and others to keep me in touch.

But honestly, I just don't have the time for it that I used to. Once upon a time, not much happened at BVB that didn't find out about hours or even minutes after it happened.

24. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Exactly. However, here's what I think about it.

I have no doubt Reus might have said something like this.

But it also would have been before the transition from SAF to David Moyes.

After all, when asked before he left for Bayern, Manchester United was among the clubs Götze would say he "dreamed" of playing at in the future.

Little did we know it was a smokescreen for his true intention........

Am I saying Reus is going to leave for Manchester United or Bayern?

No.

Marco Reus is going nowhere this transfer period.

However, after next season, all bets are off. I think he's going to leave then.

25. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hopefully Dortmund can find a way to keep star/key players for more than three or four seasons.

That'll be the day.

footyfan1 and BVB1989 repped this.