Alert: It's only a matter of time...then who?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by JamesA, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who would be your first choice as Moyes replacement?

1. Hiddink

4.5%
  2. Klopp

60.6%
  3. Laudrup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. De Boer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Garcia

3.0%
  6. Martinez

6.1%
  7. Van Gaal

13.6%
  8. Meulensteen

1.5%
  9. Other

10.6%
  1. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I am hoping that board was supposed to be a joke.

2. TheRedDevil

TheRedDevil Member

May 16, 2012
    Liverpool's Perch
    Reports coming out all over Italy that Lolenham Lolspurs are seriously in for Allegri.

http://www.calciomercato.com/news/allegri-al-tottenham-ha-firmato-651297

Like someone else said this maybe a case of Spurs fed up waiting for an answer from Van Gaal, waiting for an answer from us, waiting for an answer from Klopp? lol.

Although I have the irkiest feeling that Fergie is absolutely oblivious to the Manchester United fans wishes of Klopp replacing Moyes, and if he had it his way he'd either keep going with Moyes, or if the pressure was too much, he'll replace him with another of his British buddy friends. If he had it his way... hopefully the Glaziers take away that privilege and choose a proven manager this time around.

3. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would they know who to pick? Have they delayed firing Moyes because Bill Cowher already has a lucrative deal with TWC?

4. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    More seriously, how do you see this reflecting on the Glazers if he goes? Are they to be credited for not being twitchy and giving the man ample time to prove himself, or do they simply look clueless for failing to make a change when there was still something serious to play for?

5. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After November there was nothing to play for they played it right waiting until he couldn't qualify for CL anymore. Now it just depends who they hire to replace Moyes.

jeff070 repped this.
  6. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So in terms of short term fixes if we go down that route -

Would you take Hiddink or Vaan Gaal ? Anyone else ?

In terms of more long term appointments..

Klopp seems unavailable.

Blanc would be unlikely to prize away from PSG as well.

Simeone suits the underdog role and doesn't have the experience or command of the English language. Maybe a candidate a few years down the line.

7. TheRedDevil

TheRedDevil Member

May 16, 2012
    Liverpool's Perch

http://newstalk.ie/player/podcasts/...ook/51228/0/andy_mitten_on_david_moyes_future

Interesting interview there. In the end he says he spoke with Woodward in September and they talked about Klopp, with Woodward saying that Klopp's a "Genius".

If this is true, I just hope Woody finally stands up for what he believes in and convinces the Glazers to help him do whatever they could to get him.

Otherwise, van Gaal or Simeone would do, although like the rest, I have reservations about the latter's English speaking skills, and his somewhat not-so-attacking footballing style. Still, I want someone with authority and someone that will have the player's respect, if not fear. And all three fit that category.

Drae repped this.
  8. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's gotta be Klopp!! Any of the names mentioned though would be better than Moyes. Who knows maybe Klopp has realized he's taken Dortmund as far as he can.

TheRedDevil repped this.
  9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Can't blame the Glazers at all. They gave Moyes more time than any other big club would have given but if they pull the plug now, they only let him cause temporary damage.

jeff070 and Invincible repped this.
  10. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Agreed. Moyes looked like a good signing at the time and all the indications looked to confirm that, especially since SAF kind of pushed that along. So this isn't a Glazer issue... Worse thing they could have done is fire him midseason and do the whole "interim manager" nonsense or hire someone out of desperation...

They let him try to turn it around and he hasn't so during the off season get a new coach.

11. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Sorry. Moyes was never a good signing, or even an ok signing. But Fergie and Charlton pushed for him and there was no way Glazers could have sacked him without a full blown revolt from the average fans.

reddevilmike, SyedZada and Drae repped this.
  12. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    This. I never thought they had it in them.

jeff070 repped this.
  13. Drae

Drae Member+

Jun 26, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  14. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Well he had a good pedigree and had SAF had confidence in him (which to me shows he had knowledge of the situation and could evaluate the player base and make a decision as to who they might respond best to..)

Moyes looked to be a good bet IMO as far as a manager who achieved a lot with an OK team with Everton and looked to be ready to make the jump.

Its easy to say in hindsight, but give me your picks as to who should have been chosen and who should be chosen.

15. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Seriously this again ? The hindsight was written word to word 12 months ago

16. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It was largely disappointment and underwhelming feelings with the appointment of Moyes. Don't give us that hindsight BS.

It was almost unanimous in these parts that dude was all wrong and things would get bad.

Wow.

17. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    He had achieved nothing and was one of the worst possible choices.

Read this thread from the start and then come back
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/the-impossible-job-replacing-alex-ferguson.1987021/

Almost anyone with a couple of brain cells saw that from Drae, DS and Bro just on the first page. I think the only poster whose opinions I do appreciate who thought he was a good pick was Stud.

18. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  19. nimma

nimma Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 5, 2006
    India
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Van Gaal it is then.

20. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  21. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    It will take someone with a big head and even bigger balls to rectify this mess.

jeff070 repped this.
  23. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #223 johno, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    Mourinho can't possibly be considering it. That's ludicrous. It would be funny as hell tho.

I think we need to make a proper run at Klopp. Like money, transfer fees available in his contract etc etc. I think he is committed to BVB but I also think he is human and it will be tempting to go to a club that doesn't HAVE to sell players to its major domestic rivals.

EDIT:

If we cannot have Klopp, then I think serious thought should be given to Martinez.

I think we have to consider that we have wasted a year of our veterans' twilight and a year of development of our kids and without CL football next year or possibly even Europa, bringing in stars will be difficult.

Unless we can land a manager who can bring in stars, we need someone who can bring in and use young talent because the recovery wont be simple.

Recovering will mean getting back into CL immediately which is doable, but a long term injury to Carrick in an already ailing CM would be seriously detrimental. We cannot screw this appointment up, it could have serious ramifications if we did.

jeff070 repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If he didn't make the move for barca, I don't see him doing it for you guys. At this point they are in need of less "fixing" and they have better stars.

Dude must really love him some Dortmund.

25. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The problem with Barcelona is the club has an ingrained belief in a certain style of play, increasingly to their detriminet, and it would be very difficult for the club, players and fans to accept the necesary changes. The possible transfer ban also leaves any new manager stuck in limbo. Someone like Klopp would be simply too disruptive.